The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Postgraduate Applicants & Offer Holders (2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Trotskeys
Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I got accepted for one of my choices (they replied in two weeks!). However for my other choice they have told me they received many applications so the decision will take a bit longer (approx 6 weeks). I am seeing others here who also got offer within 2 weeks so am worried about the one that is taking longer... did anyone here get an offer after more than 6 weeks consideration?

I received this e.mail:

Due to the large number of high quality applications received by Political Science it has become necessary to consider applications in gathered fields. This means that you will not receive a decision immediately as the consideration period will be longer. However we hope to have a decision ready for you by April.

Hey! I know people who waited longer. Relax... :smile:

And congrats on your first offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 101
Hi everyone,

I'm from the U.S., just got an offer for MSC Security Studies. Anyone else for this program?

Also, for those accepting UCL, where are you looking at housing? I would prefer to live in a house with other post-grads, not undergrads, but not sure UCL's housing distinguishes between the two.
Original post by Flora_L
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice. I wonder, have someone heard anything about it?

I submitted my application in October and I'm growing really anxious to get a reply... :frown:
Thanks and have a nice day :smile::smile:

Hi! I have also applied for this course. They received my application in January but I haven't got a response back yet either. Do you know how competitive the course is e.g. how many people apply vs. how many people get an offer?
Original post by nycsh
Hi everyone,

I'm from the U.S., just got an offer for MSC Security Studies. Anyone else for this program?

Also, for those accepting UCL, where are you looking at housing? I would prefer to live in a house with other post-grads, not undergrads, but not sure UCL's housing distinguishes between the two.

Hi Everyone,

I have an offer for the MA in History. :smile:

@nycsh I am also from the U.S. and I already submitted the housing application for UCL accommodations. There is a section where they ask you to select the most important factor to you in your housing preference and you can select living with postgrad students and mature undergrad students.

Also on the accommodations website they state "In residences occupied by both graduate and undergraduate students, attempts are made by the residence staff to segregate the flats or corridors, where possible, to avoid a conflict of interests. On occasion, to maximise occupancy, flats may be occupied by graduate and undergraduate students."

I hope this helps and congrats on your offer :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by sorayagrace
Hi! I have also applied for this course. They received my application in January but I haven't got a response back yet either. Do you know how competitive the course is e.g. how many people apply vs. how many people get an offer?

Hi there - sorry, I don't know how many people apply or how competitive it is. I submitted my application in February and heard back in about three weeks.
Reply 105
Original post by ejenkins14
Hi Everyone,

I have an offer for the MA in History. :smile:

@nycsh I am also from the U.S. and I already submitted the housing application for UCL accommodations. There is a section where they ask you to select the most important factor to you in your housing preference and you can select living with postgrad students and mature undergrad students.

Also on the accommodations website they state "In residences occupied by both graduate and undergraduate students, attempts are made by the residence staff to segregate the flats or corridors, where possible, to avoid a conflict of interests. On occasion, to maximise occupancy, flats may be occupied by graduate and undergraduate students."

@ejenkins14 Thank you, that's great to know! I haven't started my housing application yet, but so glad to hear they ask about those preferences. Hope you get your accommodation of choice, and congrats on your offer as well!
Accepted an offer for MSc International Public Policy. Exciting times. Probably need to remember how to write an essay - I graduated from undergrad in 2012.
Original post by ejenkins14

Ah, nice! Which one did you pick and how long will it take to get an accommodation offer?
Reply 108
Original post by punctuation
Ah, nice! Which one did you pick and how long will it take to get an accommodation offer?

You don't hear back from them until July, at best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by punctuation

You actually don't get to pick which accommodation you would like. Instead you choose between self catered and catered and then you rank what type of room you would like single or en-suite etc. and finally you put in the max weekly cost you have budgeted for accommodations.
Reply 110
Original post by nycsh
@ejenkins14 Thank you, that's great to know! I haven't started my housing application yet, but so glad to hear they ask about those preferences. Hope you get your accommodation of choice, and congrats on your offer as well!

@ejenkins14
May I ask how you started the accommodation application process? I used the same username and pwd in Portico on the student accommodation online services, but I couldn't log in. Neither could I use the OUR website because I haven't received my student number yet. Did you already have your student number and UCL UserID?

Thank you very much! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 111
Original post by debbyca
@ejenkins14
May I ask how you started the accommodation application process? I used the same username and pwd in Portico on the student accommodation online services, but I couldn't log in. Neither could I use the OUR website because I haven't received my student number yet. Did you already have your student number and UCL UserID?

Thank you very much! :smile:

You need to register your username and pwd...on the accommodation page, where it says

"I do not yet know my UCL userid and password...

Please visit the Online User Registration website and then return to this page. If your UCL userid has not yet been issued but you have successfully registered an email address, please enter your email address and password in the box at the top left of this page."

Click the link provided and register your personal e-mail ...the link is in blue colour and it says "online user registration website" .

And u can find your student number on your offer letter, by the top right i think.

Hope that helps? Goodluck with your application.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 112
Original post by duduuu
You need to register your username and pwd...on the accommodation page, where it says

"I do not yet know my UCL userid and password...

Please visit the Online User Registration website and then return to this page. If your UCL userid has not yet been issued but you have successfully registered an email address, please enter your email address and password in the box at the top left of this page."

Click the link provided and register your personal e-mail ...the link is in blue colour and it says "online user registration website" .

And u can find your student number on your offer letter, by the top right i think.

Hope that helps? Goodluck with your application.

Thank you so much! This helps a lot! Silly me. I only read the content of the offer letter but not the information on the header.

Many thanks again!
Okay, I have a dumb question...I've asked it on this forum before but didn't get a response. I am an American and I have been accepted to English MA programs at UCL, King's, Goldsmiths, and Queen Mary. I was rejected by Cambridge and am waiting to hear from Oxford. I have what I guess the UK considers "high 2:1s" or a 3.74 GPA (honors). I know that UCL and Kings are considered competitive, excellent schools...but for some reason I keep feeling like I just "got in" because it seemed so easy...I mean, I got into every single Univ. London program I applied to. How competitive are these schools -- really?? UCL and King's, in particular. I know that MA programs tend to be their "cash cow" or whatever, but that shouldn't necessarily affect their selectivity, right?

So....can someone from the UK who has a real sense of the competitiveness of these schools please lemme know what you think? I'd really appreciate it. All I have to go off are the various rankings...those can be helpful, but not really.

I guess that before I fork over around $80,000 for tuition, room, and a living stipend, I would really, really like to see what a rejected applicant looks like.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 114
Original post by sorayagrace

Well... Brace yourself! Last year 120- 140 student applied and they take only 12. I was in the open evening, and they told us so...
The interviews will be held next week, so it would be great to hear something by that time...
Hey,
did anyone else apply for Msc Democracy and Comparative Politics?
Reply 116
Original post by Lilaclouds
Hey,
did anyone else apply for Msc Democracy and Comparative Politics?

Finally!!! iv been wondering if no one else applied for the course. I have an offer, u?
Original post by benpweeks
Accepted an offer for MSc International Public Policy. Exciting times. Probably need to remember how to write an essay - I graduated from undergrad in 2012.

I have an offer for this program as well. Are you a UK student?

Original post by mecarter
Okay, I have a dumb question...I've asked it on this forum before but didn't get a response. I am an American and I have been accepted to English MA programs at UCL, King's, Goldsmiths, and Queen Mary. I was rejected by Cambridge and am waiting to hear from Oxford. I have what I guess the UK considers "high 2:1s" or a 3.74 GPA (honors). I know that UCL and Kings are considered competitive, excellent schools...but for some reason I keep feeling like I just "got in" because it seemed so easy...I mean, I got into every single Univ. London program I applied to. How competitive are these schools -- really?? UCL and King's, in particular. I know that MA programs tend to be their "cash cow" or whatever, but that shouldn't necessarily affect their selectivity, right?

So....can someone from the UK who has a real sense of the competitiveness of these schools please lemme know what you think? I'd really appreciate it. All I have to go off are the various rankings...those can be helpful, but not really.

I guess that before I fork over around $80,000 for tuition, room, and a living stipend, I would really, really like to see what a rejected applicant looks like.

I'm not sure why it would matter how competitive it is would it? Surely what matters is the course/university? UCL would be considered a top 5 UK university definitely and probably the most competitive outside of Oxford and Cambridge (for English, as well as Durham). For some programs people are starting to be rejected from UCL and it is only March. I'd imagine King's and particularly QMUL/Goldsmiths are less competitive.
Reply 118
Hey did you received an answer ?
Original post by cosycosy
Hey! I was wondering if any of you were requested to submit a questionnaire? I applied 2 weeks ago for a MA in History of Art and have just been notified that my application has been forwarded to the department of History of Art for considertation and that I'll soon receive a questionnaire that I'm required to fill in.
Original post by duduuu
Finally!!! iv been wondering if no one else applied for the course. I have an offer, u?

Yes, I got my offer just yesterday :biggrin: But I am still waiting to hear back from LSE. Is UCL your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest