The Student Room Group

Durham foundation year medicine 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Has anyone else heard back? I can't stop checking my emails. My anxiousness levels have been ramped up now.
Reply 41
Original post by Dadex
Has anyone else heard back? I can't stop checking my emails. My anxiousness levels have been ramped up now.

yeah I got an interview in 2 weeks time, anyone else heard back?
Reply 42
When did they get back to you? Still not heard anything yet.
Reply 43
Original post by Dadex
When did they get back to you? Still not heard anything yet.

I received my email yesterday morning time
Anyone who also applied last year, come forward, I would like to know what responses you all received, may it be a rejection or interview... Where are you all? :h::h:
Reply 45
I have interview on 25th
Does anyone know what type of questions durham ask are they specific or vague? As they have not read our ps SO bit confusing from the rest of my interviews. Any help guys?
Reply 47
Original post by Tinatrust
Does anyone know what type of questions durham ask are they specific or vague? As they have not read our ps SO bit confusing from the rest of my interviews. Any help guys?

As they have not read your ps, it's mainly whatever they want to know from you.. Hope that helps
Original post by Tinatrust

Sorry a little confused when you say. "As they have not read our personal statements" But you can't apply with out a personal statement so why would they not read it?
Original post by A1student
Sorry a little confused when you say. "As they have not read our personal statements" But you can't apply with out a personal statement so why would they not read it?

The people interviewing you have not read your ps, so they won't ask you questions on it.
I personally find that hard to believe. Why would they not want to inform them selfs and get some key information on you, before such a critical interview where it's all about what the person is like.
And what you have done to get there.
I have been for 2 interviews with durham and got offers I just failed UKCAT but no they haven't read your personal statement but when they ask why do you want to do this course it's handy to know what you wrote so you can give that as an answer. Or what hobbies do you have. If you know your personal statement well it makes answers a lot easier and when your nervous it helps a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
But at some point someone from Durham university(part of the admission team) would of read the personal statement else it would be pointless. For such a competive course to just dish out interviews with out any insight into that person would be silly.
Yes someone had read it to give you a interview and then they choose a different set of people to interview you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Durham isn't the only medical school where they haven't read your ps. Quite a lot don't.
Last year I had 4 interviews and they'd only read it at one.
Not reading your ps is good tho. It allows you to bring up extra things that you didn't get a chance to fit in, and it's because they ask you more about "why this uni? Why not a nurse? " and ethical scenarios, which your ps isn't usually relevant for.
Plus it means they haven't prejudged you, you get to make a first impression.
Original post by Zebrajess
Durham isn't the only medical school where they haven't read your ps. Quite a lot don't.
Not reading your ps is good tho. It allows you to bring up extra things that you didn't get a chance to fit in, and it's because they ask you more about "why this uni? Why not a nurse? " and ethical scenarios, which your ps isn't usually relevant for.

Yeah I guess that makes sense.

have you applied for the foundation course at Durham?
For medicine

I just worked out you're already a medic. :smile:
I just worked out you're already a medic. :smile:

Yeah :smile:
I didn't apply to the foundation course, but interviews are similar, and I know people who are on the foundation course this year, and in my year who did it last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah :smile:
I didn't apply to the foundation course, but interviews are similar, and I know people who are on the foundation course this year, and in my year who did it last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great! I hope to be where you are one day! If you don't mind me asking how is durham medic life?
What do you enjoy the most?
That's great! I hope to be where you are one day! If you don't mind me asking how is durham medic life?
What do you enjoy the most?

I love it here. I think it's the same for foundation, the year group is quite small, so you get to know everyone quite well. So you get loads of support from each other and you know the lecturers quite well (and will occasionally bump into them at the pub).

I'm not sure what I enjoy the most, because there's a lot of good things. But I really like the practical stuff and family project! Family project is where you visit a woman who is pregnant a few times before and a few times after the birth. And the baby was just really cute :P

Anything else you wanted to know? I could probably go on about it all day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending