The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Imagine the scenes if Lloris signs. Just absolute scenes. (Fantasises)

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
anwyay... how could the top4 race shape up:

way I see the last 10 games possibly shaping up:

Arsenal WWDWWLWWLW (loss against cheslsea and united, draw against liverpool at home) = 22/30

United DLWLLDWWWW (draw spurs, loose liverpool, loose chelsea + city, draw everton away) = 18/30

Liverpool: WWDWWWWLWW (draw arsenal, win united, loose chelsea) = 25/30

Spurs: DWWWDLLDWW (draw united, loose southampton + city, draw newcastle away, draw stoke away) = 17/30

Southampton: LWDWWWDWL (loose chelsea, draw everton, win spurs, draw leicster away, loose city) = 17/30

End table:

Arsenal = 76pts
Liverpool = 76pts
United = 71pts
Spurs = 68pts
Southampton = 66pts

Rational:

Spoiler

The trend with liverpool-arsenal games is one of the games is a draw and the other is a victory for either of the teams. We cant let them pick up a point at ours and should do our best to pick up the three. Our record is usually good against them but cans ee Sturridge causing us all sorts of problems.
Forget Kane/Eriksen, Lloris is Spurs' best player by a distance.
Original post by Mackay
Forget Kane/Eriksen, Lloris is Spurs' best player by a distance.

I have to say he is the best goalkeeper of the season
De Gea second

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3924
Original post by Tom_Ford
Imagine the scenes if Lloris signs. Just absolute scenes. (Fantasises)

Tom, you bloody sadist :rolleyes:
Reply 3925
Original post by Numan786
The trend with liverpool-arsenal games is one of the games is a draw and the other is a victory for either of the teams. We cant let them pick up a point at ours and should do our best to pick up the three. Our record is usually good against them but cans ee Sturridge causing us all sorts of problems.

We shut his ass twice at the emirates last season, when he was firing on all cylinders (when SAS we hot as ****). Hopefully we can maintain that
Original post by ProNoob
I have to say he is the best goalkeeper of the season
De Gea second

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't think so. There's very little to set them apart however De Gea does edge it imo. Can't be asked to check them now but I'm sure the stats will agree. If we're talking in regards to how many points each keeper has saved their team from dropping/preserving then DDG wins it. DDG almost carries the whole team sometimes whereas in contrast Spurs have three players really making up their season in Kane, Erikson and Lloris. With Spurs its the last minute goals that have really helped them substantially. Lloris has been incredible but falls behind in second for me.
Original post by SA-1
We shut his ass twice at the emirates last season, when he was firing on all cylinders (when SAS we hot as ****). Hopefully we can maintain that

FA cup game you didn't shut him down really, he missed chances he should of scored. He isn't looking in hot form fortunately for you anyway but you also have Coutinho and Sterling to worry about.
(edited 9 years ago)
Wow so Real Madrid are considering sacking Ancelotti. I told you they would be stupid enough to do something like that. I was hoping we could get him as he is a proper WC manager. Remember when he was at chelsea got 6-0's for fun and did the double we would really transform under him. Only problem is he struggles in the second season as if he's lost all motivation himself.

Edit: Even if we did get a win at OT under wenger its been far too late. I still dont think Wenger is the right man to get us winning the premier league and CL. I'd be happy to eat those words though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sanchez left Monreal exposed time and time again last night. On another day you'd have been punished.

Thought Monreal was quite impressive tbh. Not seen much from him before now.

I agree, it's usually a narrow 2-1 victory for one of the teams....usually for the team with less possession :frown:

Arsenal are my only real worry (except for the obvious loss to chelsea).
You don't play as well as us right now but the disparity is small and most importantly you seem to be really good at grinding out the points.

Comfortable 3rd finish for you guys.
Hopefully you can do us a favour and draw/beat United in the penultimate game :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
I agree, it's usually a narrow 2-1 victory for one of the teams....usually for the team with less possession :frown:

Arsenal are my only real worry (except for the obvious loss to chelsea).
You don't play as well as us right now but the disparity is small and most importantly you seem to be really good at grinding out the points.

Comfortable 3rd finish for you guys.
Hopefully you can do us a favour and draw/beat United in the penultimate game :smile:

did my predictions earlier in this thread, and looking at how both us and you are very good at grinding out victories at the moment.. I really think 3rd place will come down to our game against each other.

unless united drastically turn things aroudn, they will drop into 5th during thier tough period - and the game between our teams will be huge...I really tihnk it will be a draw, because neither side will want to loose:

If we loose, we are level on points, with you having easier fixtures..
If you loose then you are 6pts behind, and thats quite a gap to catch up..

Not to mention that game potentially forshadowing the FA cup final...

Going to be one hell of a game
Original post by jam277
Not really, they have the blueprints of a top side, limiting factor is the manager, I'd rate Arsenal's chances of winning the CL in the next few seasons over City that's for sure.

That's because 0 x 0 = 0
Pedro being chased by you lot and us apparently. He's hardly featured since Suarez went to Barcelona, and he was dreadful at the weekend. Seems to be open to a move abroad, though. He was quoted in the week as saying he doesn't know where he'll be playing next season.
Original post by Mackay
Pedro being chased by you lot and us apparently. He's hardly featured since Suarez went to Barcelona, and he was dreadful at the weekend. Seems to be open to a move abroad, though. He was quoted in the week as saying he doesn't know where he'll be playing next season.

I think he's past it / if not has another season left in him now. Wouldn't mind him playing for us as he would combine well with Sanchez/Ozil.

Come to think of it, am I the only one still in awe that we have an Ex Barca and Ex Real player playing for us? :sexface:
Original post by Stefano93
I think he's past it / if not has another season left in him now. Wouldn't mind him playing for us as he would combine well with Sanchez/Ozil.

Come to think of it, am I the only one still in awe that we have an Ex Barca and Ex Real player playing for us? :sexface:

Only so much motivation one can have left after winning everything, and most things multiple times, in arguably the best teams ever assembled.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Only so much motivation one can have left after winning everything, and most things multiple times, in arguably the best teams ever assembled.

Yeah but look at Pirlo. Ballon d'Or winner, winning CL with Milan and many other achievements under his name, considerably older yet still manages to playing a fascinating game everytime he's on the pitch. It's an honour to see such a man still grace the game of Football. He's motivated by the game he loves most, and still wants to play for the forseeable time. If you look at both individual's current play, Pirlo indefatigably has the bigger motivation.

Not saying Pedro doesn't have much to play for, as he has been exceptional in the past.
Reply 3937
For the Monaco game We should set up 4-4-1-1.

We should leave out cazorla and Ozil imo and replace them with Ox and Walcott.

Bellerin-Mert-Kos-Monreal

Ox-Coquelin-Ramsey-Sanchez

Giroud

Walcott

That team is full of goals I reckon with good defensive work rate on the wings and Giroud dropping deep to defend and hold up the ball. Lots of pace and can easily see us winning with alot of goals.

When attacking it will probably alter to a 4-2-2-2 with Sanchez and Ox coming in the middle and Giroud going further up a bit creating some space in the middle hopefully. Giroud to hold up play and knock down balls for theo.

Walcott HAS to start. He killed their left back for the time he was on and Ox seems to be learning from Sanchez the way he played yesterday.
Reply 3938
Original post by SA-1
He would but Mou would do anything he can to not sell to Wenger.

Mou siad in an interview he will let Cech go anywhere he wants cos of how good/ loyal he has been for Chelsea.
Thought that Ozil was brilliant last night personally. Could have had a few assists, quickly tracked back and got the ball back when he lost it. Looked like he had plenty of stamina too. His stamina has really improved as he was defending right till the end. I like how he is so unassuming but he then plays the defence splitting killer pass, his passes tend to be so well paced. Big fan of his, obviously.

Latest