The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Master219
I think i told u already but saying it again wont do any harm lol so congrats on the offer!!! :smile:

I see, i guess its just a waiting game...

Ur firming imperial yh? Its a great place and the medics that i spoke to were beasts so i rlly wanna go!!

Thanks
Yeah it is Im afraid stick with it I reckon you'll be fine
I am indeed I love it and did from the outset it was my aspirational choice
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
for those of you who have received your offer packs, what was included inside?
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Thanks
Yeah it is Im afraid stick with it I reckon you'll be fine
I am indeed I love it and did from the outset it was my aspirational choice

Hopefully ill see u next yr!
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Hey, congratulations on your offer :smile: what do you mean by over prepare for? As in rehearsing the answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah just don't over rehearse answers. Make sure you go in with some points but if you learn your answers they'll read it straight away.
Has anyone with an interview on the 3rd March heard anything yet?

Edit: Oh and u know on that timeline it says successful students will hear informally within 3 days, if u havnt heard within 3 days does that mean ur on the reserve list?

I wouldn't worry at all, I think it varies from batch to batch. I heard 3 days after, my friend 6 days after and another friend 15 days after. So don't read into the timing too much I reckon
Original post by Schoolofthought
I wouldn't worry at all, I think it varies from batch to batch. I heard 3 days after, my friend 6 days after and another friend 15 days after. So don't read into the timing too much I reckon

Got it, trying to convince myself its kl and to allow it but wont work lol.

Thanks for replying :smile:
My interview is this wednesday. Does anyone have any advice/tips? And were the questions difficult?
Original post by MMIBH30
My interview is this wednesday. Does anyone have any advice/tips? And were the questions difficult?

Heyyy I think we've got ours on the same day. What time is yours? Also I'm practising the obvious questions but I stutter a lot and I've already messed up my last interview so I'm just really worried for this one. Also does anyone know if they ask you any science questions? And good luck on yours hope I see you on Wednesday :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2008
I have my interview tomorrow! I'm so nervous!

How long did everyone else's interview last?

And what will i need to take with me?
Original post by MMIBH30

Original post by ml13
I have my interview tomorrow! I'm so nervous!

How long did everyone else's interview last?

And what will i need to take with me?

Personal ID like passport..., usually 15 min, but could be shorter or longer...
Advice tips: Just be yourself and ANSwer the question. Don't over rehearsed your answers, try to consider both sides of the argument when they ask you open questions
Original post by Bharathy129
Heyyy I think we've got ours on the same day. What time is yours? Also I'm practising the obvious questions but I stutter a lot and I've already messed up my last interview so I'm just really worried for this one. Also does anyone know if they ask you any science questions? And good luck on yours hope I see you on Wednesday :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is at around 2 but I should be on the tour, you? Me too I think the key is keeping calm and confident though. I'm just scared about the ethics question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MMIBH30
Mine is at around 2 but I should be on the tour, you? Me too I think the key is keeping calm and confident though. I'm just scared about the ethics question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh mines at four so I probably won't see you then but good luck anyway!!! No I'm not on the tour, my interview is at four so I didn't see the point in me getting there early because I live three and a half hours away. Yeah I've practiced so much but I know I'm just going to forget what I've done and blurt out whatever comes to my head. Yeah this is my only chance so I'm going to keep calm and give it my best shot. Yeah I would also look up some statistics so you've got something to show that you've done your research. 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MMIBH30

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also for the ethics question. I would say what I'm thinking, I usually tackle them by quoting what they said and thinking about the pros and cons of each aspect and then thinking about the patients point of view and saying exactly what's going through my head but make sure I reach some sort of conclusion in the end, hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone with an interview on the 3rd March heard anything yet?

Edit: Oh and u know on that timeline it says successful students will hear informally within 3 days, if u havnt heard within 3 days does that mean ur on the reserve list?

Hey I had my interview on the 3rd of March but I still haven't heard back yet! Still desperately waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmahmud
Hey I had my interview on the 3rd of March but I still haven't heard back yet! Still desperately waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, ahhh hope we hear soon!! Wt time was ur interview? I think i may have seen u haha
Hey, ahhh hope we hear soon!! Wt time was ur interview? I think i may have seen u haha

Mine was at 2.15 - what about yours?
Original post by tmahmud
Mine was at 2.15 - what about yours?

At 4:30, was sitting in the union room from after the tour in the same corner of the sofa lol (the sofa opposite the one with its back to the wall), dark charcoal greyish suit, purple blue sort of tie...
At 4:30, was sitting in the union room from after the tour in the same corner of the sofa lol (the sofa opposite the one with its back to the wall), dark charcoal greyish suit, purple blue sort of tie...

Hmm I think I might have seen you - I was the one with the headscarf? Lol I was sitting on the sofa which had its back to the entrance and I didn't go on the tour... Not sure if that brings back memories lol

Also if you tell me which other unis you applied to, I might remember better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tmahmud
Hmm I think I might have seen you - I was the one with the headscarf? Lol I was sitting on the sofa which had its back to the entrance and I didn't go on the tour... Not sure if that brings back memories lol

Also if you tell me which other unis you applied to, I might remember better!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember u!! Just visualise this: u enter the student union room looking forward, so u walk in and turn to face the registration desk on the right. Right behind that registration desk facing away on the sofa, ur sitting in the left hand corner of that sofa (am I right? Next to that other girl who I think was Chinese... Or at least she was on that sofa before) then there is a sofa perpendicular to the corner that ur sitting on and I was sitting on that sofa on the corner. So pretty much right next to u on the next sofa lol...

Applied to cambridge, Kings and barts. I think I spoke to u abt barts interview...?

howd u find ur interview? I think I asked u when U walked back into the Union room
Hey everyone,
I'm currently in year 12, and I'm looking at all of your stats, they're incred. My GCSEs went badly 3a*s 8as, so my oxbridge dreams are crushed aha, but for Imperial (amazing university which I am very keen on), do a*s at GCSE matter that much?

Quick Reply

Latest