The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baarbs
Congratulations everyone on your offers! So exciting!! :biggrin:

Got my interview tomorrow - yikes!

Ohh, good luck! Hope it goes well :smile:
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Does anyone else just want it to be September already? I WANNA START UNI NOW :frown:

No, as much as i'm looking forward to the course I definitely need that time to mentally prepare myself for being a student again 😁 and leaving my daughter in child care 😔
Does anyone else just want it to be September already? I WANNA START UNI NOW :frown:

I get this completely! Like I'm on a gap year so I feel my brain slowly turning to mush....
Original post by Higlet
Haha!! Aren't you cute!
I need ABB for Manchester met
And BBB for Birmingham!

The YOLO train is full speed ahead right now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks!

what are your predicteds? I remember I missed Essex' grades for linguistics and they still let me in so don't beat yourself up over it! BCU seem fairly lenient so you'll defo go somewhere!

haha, awesome, just hold on!
Original post by JordanC55
I get this completely! Like I'm on a gap year so I feel my brain slowly turning to mush....

Haha yeah I mean I've had 2 gap years and now I'm doing this access course (but now that I have conditional offers it's just like AHHH LET'S SKIP TO SEPTEMBER) just so excited to get started!!
Original post by Clivia
No, as much as i'm looking forward to the course I definitely need that time to mentally prepare myself for being a student again ������ and leaving my daughter in child care ������

That's fair enough. Juggling parenthood and studying does sound quite daunting! Where are you going?
Haha thanks!

what are your predicteds? I remember I missed Essex' grades for linguistics and they still let me in so don't beat yourself up over it! BCU seem fairly lenient so you'll defo go somewhere!

haha, awesome, just hold on!

Yeah BCU seemed like a good fall back option!
I'm not really sure, they've predicted me AAB on UCAS but I recon ABB will be a struggle! It's the final push now though so I'm just going to work super hard and maybe I'll surprise myself!
Did you finish the linguistics course? I had two offers for linguistics just in case speech therapy failed, but luckily I didn't need them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2827
I have an interview for SLT at BCU tomorrow, does anyone have any tips?
Original post by ConMS

Good knowledge of profession and read questions carefully, for instance if it says to list things make sure you list and don't waste time writing in full prose
Original post by ConMS

Best of luck!!
Haha yeah I mean I've had 2 gap years and now I'm doing this access course (but now that I have conditional offers it's just like AHHH LET'S SKIP TO SEPTEMBER) just so excited to get started!!

If I'd had two gap years I'd be crying! You must be buzzing!
Original post by ConMS

Just try and enjoy it, they put you at your ease. Good luck!
Original post by Higlet
Yeah BCU seemed like a good fall back option!
I'm not really sure, they've predicted me AAB on UCAS but I recon ABB will be a struggle! It's the final push now though so I'm just going to work super hard and maybe I'll surprise myself!
Did you finish the linguistics course? I had two offers for linguistics just in case speech therapy failed, but luckily I didn't need them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it, just remember what you're aiming for and it'll spur you on through the hours of revision! Manchester is such a cool place! It would've been my firm had they not rejected me.

no, I did the first year and did well so I decided to chase a transfer onto speech and language therapy! I know how competitive it is and grad entry is twice as well! So it just felt right to take a gap year and try to pursue it and quicken it all up! Luckily it has worked out - I guess everything happens for a reason!
If I'd had two gap years I'd be crying! You must be buzzing!

Haha I didn't know what I wanted to do - so I'm glad I've had the gap years and gained some life experience! Plus I know now that this is definitely the right choice! Doubt I'd have done so well if I went straight to uni at 18 anyway :tongue: But now I AM ABSOLUTELY BUZZING!!! I cannot wait to get started!
Don't worry about it, just remember what you're aiming for and it'll spur you on through the hours of revision! Manchester is such a cool place! It would've been my firm had they not rejected me.

no, I did the first year and did well so I decided to chase a transfer onto speech and language therapy! I know how competitive it is and grad entry is twice as well! So it just felt right to take a gap year and try to pursue it and quicken it all up! Luckily it has worked out - I guess everything happens for a reason!

Exactly!! Sounds like it all happened at the right place/time!!

Aww that's a shame! Did you apply for Manchester met or Manchester?

I feel like the carrot has definitely been dangled now haha - the library is now where I spend most of my time at college!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone going to Leeds Beckett, this year?
Original post by DeeHarg
Anyone going to Leeds Beckett, this year?

Don't think many people have heard back after the interview yet, im still waiting but should know by the end of this month :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Don't think many people have heard back after the interview yet, im still waiting but should know by the end of this month :smile:

I deferred last year. Best of luck. Got my fingers crossed for you
Don't suppose anyone's heard back from Newcastle yet? I think my interview was late January and they said they'd get back to us late feb/early March so was just wondering :smile:
Original post by DeeHarg
I deferred last year. Best of luck. Got my fingers crossed for you

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest