The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollyrt
Hi I'm Molly! I'm taking Maths, English Lit and Lang, Triple Science, French, Geography, Computing and RE. Im also taking Further Maths Level 2 and Fine Art GCSEs in my own time and I have so much to do! How are you all managing stress levels at the moment because I'm not doing that too well ngl:/

Haii. :smile: And welcome.

Managing ok - although the reality of GCSEs and how close they are is starting to dawn on me :s-smilie: I'm not an outwardly stressed person though so everyone will probably think I'm fine when I'm majorly stressed out inside... What is life. :biggrin:

Hope you feel less stressed soon - there are 'up' and 'down' days and weeks - they'll pass :smile: ! And think of that looooong summer we get. :tongue: Motivation right there.
eeeeeee, who else has given in their sixth form choices? :s-smilie:

Gave mine in today - felt like I was signing a death warrant or contract of some kind.... :colondollar:
Terrible news - my English teacher hasn't been here since January so we've had the departing head teacher and the head of English teaching us alternatively - they've both been great but now we've found out that the head of English is also leaving this April and with no sign of our old teacher coming back (rumours circulating she's been sacked) I am very worried they'll just lumber us with a supply teacher for the final hurdle. :frown:

Also did my German speaking today - went very well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ohh what you thinking of doing? I'm thinking of doing English literature, History, sociology and media!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I'm in the same boat. xD I'm so nervous, and there always seems to be something to do. But, alas, we will get through!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It feels like yesterday the teachers were saying "20 weeks to go" and now suddenly it's less than 10 :frown:

Yes I have done nothing but work since I got home tonight and I'm staying an hour after school tomorrow because I still can't get everything done. :angry:

Definitely :cool:
Reply 4565
I NEED TO START PROPER REVISION BUT I AM PROCRASTINATING

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turn-to-page394

Gave mine in today - felt like I was signing a death warrant or contract of some kind.... :colondollar:

Haha I've done mine :biggrin:

Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics :colone:

We did ours back before Christmas! English lit, Theatre Studies, History and German. :smile:

Yep, we had to give ours in on the 1st February :frown: What did you choose? I've chosen English Lit, Psychology, Politics and Sociology :smile:
I have to have a scribe for a mock exam i have next week - anyone know how this is going to work? It's for maths.
Handing mine in on Friday. Doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and French. And so excited for my eleven week summer ahh!

I gave mine in in January, choose Chinese, English Language, Philosophy and Ethics and Music. :awesome:
Original post by Strom
Eight weeks today and I have my first exam :puke:

I feel like I'm constantly doing homework so I haven't been doing a huge amount of revision at the moment.

Am I terrified? Yes. Should I be? Possibly. We will see.

Oooh, good luck! :biggrin: You lot must have loads of exams too because of the new way the GCSEs are done now. My brother has 24 or something. :s-smilie: Still though, in some ways it'll make it easier for when you start A-Levels (I forgot loads of stuff we did in earlier exams).

Ah I personally never liked homework (actually, who does?), I never really found it beneficial for most subjects but then you don't want to let your teachers down either so it's always a bit of a dilemma. :tongue:

I'm sure you'll be fine! GCSEs can seem very daunting but it's always satisfying when you finish them at last and have the whole summer to just do whatever the hell you want. :smile:

Original post by j-pritchett
Nerves kicked in ages ago, primarily september.

Ah year 11 is like that. Time seems to pass so quickly too though in years 11 (and 12/13 if you want to continue) - it just seems like yesterday when I was doing my GCSE exams. :redface:

Original post by pursuedbyabear
Mocks are making everything feel a lot more real...:s-smilie:

I hope mock went OK for you? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4573
Anyone who does French here, can u please tell me any tenses that will get me a better grade. Apart from the basic ones, I used pluperfect and present participle. This is my last chance so I really want to get a good grade, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strom
It feels like yesterday the teachers were saying "20 weeks to go" and now suddenly it's less than 10 :frown:

Yes I have done nothing but work since I got home tonight and I'm staying an hour after school tomorrow because I still can't get everything done. :angry:

Definitely :cool:

I was feeling all contemplative yesterday, so I just sat in maths next to my friend pondering "Where did the year go?" It doesn't seem like two minutes since we were discussing the December mocks... Argh! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my goodness, I've given both my application forms in, now it just feels so real! XD But I can't wait for sixth form, so I'm cool. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsamor
Guyys, how big do you think your sixth form classes will be? Mine are going be tiny, there's only going to be three people in my physics class :biggrin: (including me), that's probably will be the same with my spanish and chemistry class. Maths will be really massive though :frown:

A Classical Greek school at my local toff posh private school, has two children in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by j-pritchett
What exam board are you with?

Aqa
Original post by SampleX
I was feeling all contemplative yesterday, so I just sat in maths next to my friend pondering "Where did the year go?" It doesn't seem like two minutes since we were discussing the December mocks... Argh! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

It genuinely feels like (to me at least) that I was in year 7 last year :rolleyes:
Has anyone got textile exam next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest