The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You can ask them to defer your place until the following year. Many will do so. You will need to discuss this with each university individually.

Thank you! I will send an email to the universities I received an offer from tomorrow :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by linkin08
Hope everything goes well with your treatment, I suffer anxiety and panic attacks too but have had a great doctor and therapist to get me through it. These things take time so you are doing the right thing by looking to postpone till next year. If you get an offer for this year contact the Uni and explain the situation. I think they take it on a case by case basis so can't give you a definite answer. Good luck xx

Thank you very much, that actually makes me feel a bit better about myself. Good luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by LaydeeStardust
Aw that's nice so they are now at school. Yeah I am the same re the job situation just over 10 years in that job to go back and sort my education out. Cool the first year I spoke with on the primary ed with history was a swap student from West Lothian. Let me know how you get on.
Will do and same to you. Just hope the wait is over soonxx:cool:
Original post by Gib1997
Just wondering, has anyone got an offer or rejection for primary education yet? They said it would be 2/3 weeks after my interview before I heard, and it's been 2 weeks 5 days. It's mildly terrifying.

I got an offer a week ago. Mine was with history. I wouldn't worry too much about it because they probably take 1-2 weeks to give out offers!
Original post by Anna-22
I got an offer a week ago. Mine was with history. I wouldn't worry too much about it because they probably take 1-2 weeks to give out offers!

Well done :smile: I'm so nervous about it :/ what are they asking for?
Original post by Mbxx
Hiya, my interview for primary education was on 18th and i got an unconditional offer last wednesday x

Mine was on the 18th and I got an offer last wednesday too!:smile: What is your with subject? Is Edinburgh your first choice? x
March 10th. Another day of silence from Auld Reekie. As I call the Admissions Selector of the Law School of Edinburgh University. I believe it's also the nickname of the city too. Interesting coincidence.
Reply 1967
Original post by Anna-22
Mine was on the 18th and I got an offer last wednesday too!:smile: What is your with subject? Is Edinburgh your first choice? x

Aww well done!! Teaching with religious studies, what about you?! And yeah its my first choice, you?! X
Original post by Mbxx
Aww well done!! Teaching with religious studies, what about you?! And yeah its my first choice, you?! X

You too!! Mine is teaching with history and it's my first choice too! You're the first person I've found who has got in! :smile:
Original post by l1n9k97
just got rejected for business and geog 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry... 😢
Reply 1970
Original post by Anna-22
You too!! Mine is teaching with history and it's my first choice too! You're the first person I've found who has got in! :smile:

Yay!! Me too! Are you waiting for anywhere else to reply or have you accepted your offer?! :-)
Original post by Mbxx
Yay!! Me too! Are you waiting for anywhere else to reply or have you accepted your offer?! :-)

So exciting!! I've got all my replies and I'm deciding between dundee, glasgow and edinburgh. But I'm almost certain edinburgh is my first choice. wbu? :smile: I'm looking up accommodation at the moment too :smile:
Reply 1972
Original post by Anna-22
So exciting!! I've got all my replies and I'm deciding between dundee, glasgow and edinburgh. But I'm almost certain edinburgh is my first choice. wbu? :smile: I'm looking up accommodation at the moment too :smile:

I have offers for Edinburgh and Aberdeen! Just waiting for Dundee but im certain its Edinburgh I'm going to! Yeah me too, I've applied for accommodation with my first preference being IQ fountainbridge! :-) x
Original post by Mbxx
I have offers for Edinburgh and Aberdeen! Just waiting for Dundee but im certain its Edinburgh I'm going to! Yeah me too, I've applied for accommodation with my first preference being IQ fountainbridge! :-) x

Aw well done!! When did you apply for accommodation? I would need to get a move on. I'm struggling to find halls near the moray house. Fountain bridge looks really nice and not too expensive which is good! :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1974
Original post by Anna-22
Aw well done!! When did you apply for accommodation? I would need to get a move on. I'm struggling to find halls near the moray house. Fountain bridge looks really nice and not too expensive which is good! :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! I just applied a few days ago! So I'm sure itll be fine!! I know there doesn't seem to be many! Ones just been built right across from it but its for postgraduates! Yeah ive been to fountainbridge and i love it! :-) x
Original post by Mbxx
Thank you!! I just applied a few days ago! So I'm sure itll be fine!! I know there doesn't seem to be many! Ones just been built right across from it but its for postgraduates! Yeah ive been to fountainbridge and i love it! :-) x

oh phew that's good! :smile: how close is fountainbridge? The only thing is, I'd really love an ensuite :/ x
Does everyone think that we will hear back prior to the applicants visiting day? It's actually torture having to wait 😫😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1977
Original post by Anna-22
oh phew that's good! :smile: how close is fountainbridge? The only thing is, I'd really love an ensuite :/ x

Yeah!! Well a few of my friends lived there for first year and its only a 10/15 minute walk from Moray! And me too haha i couldn't go somewhere without an ensuite lol!! IQ fountainbridge has ensuites so its all good!! :-) X
Original post by Kirstmckenziex
Does everyone think that we will hear back prior to the applicants visiting day? It's actually torture having to wait ������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I googled them and on their website they call them "post-offer visits" so I imagine we'd have to hear back first
Original post by Mbxx
Yeah!! Well a few of my friends lived there for first year and its only a 10/15 minute walk from Moray! And me too haha i couldn't go somewhere without an ensuite lol!! IQ fountainbridge has ensuites so its all good!! :-) X

Thank you so much! I'll definitely have a look into it! And I'll probably be speaking to you again ahh :biggrin: x

Quick Reply