The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;zQxfryT6fnA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQxfryT6fnA[/video]
Salaam,

Anyone know any decent halal restaurants around central London?

I leaning towards somewhere similar to the Persian place Behesht or go buffet like Kitchen N1
Imam Bukhari in his book Al-Adab Al-Mufrad narrates under the chapter "Repaying Parents" the following narration:

Sa'id ibn Abi Burda said, "I heard my father say that Ibn 'Umar saw a Yamani man going around the House (Kabah) while carrying his mother on his back, saying,
'I am your humble camel. If her mount is frightened, I am not frightened.'

Then he asked, 'Ibn 'Umar? Do you think that I have repaid her?'

He replied, 'No, not even for a single groan.'

Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 11 - Sheikh Al-Albani said Saheeh in Saheeh Al-Adab Al-Mufrad #9.

May Allah Allow Us To Treat Our Parents With Good.

[video="youtube;iL98iNRtPBo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL98iNRtPBo[/video]
Narrated Abu Hurairah:
that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: "Indeed there is a Surah in the Qur'an of thirty Ayat, which intercedes for a man until he is forgiven. It is [Surah] Tabarak Alladhi Biyadihil-Mulk."

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ قَتَادَةَ، عَنْ عَبَّاسٍ الْجُشَمِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ "‏ إِنَّ سُورَةً مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ ثَلاَثُونَ آيَةً شَفَعَتْ لِرَجُلٍ حَتَّى غُفِرَ لَهُ وَهِيَ سُورَةُ تَبَارَكَ الَّذِي بِيَدِهِ الْمُلْكُ ‏" ‏.‏ هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ ‏.‏

Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)

(edited 9 years ago)
boo
Original post by Inve
Peace be upon all of you. Are there any of you here who practice sufism or go to gatherings or have sheikhs? As a non-muslim I don't know how common this is alongside regular Islamic practice, if that is the right way to phrase it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And peace be upon you. I don't think theres anyone here whose actually a proper sufi, we have a few pseudo sufis who seem to think being a sufi means you can ignore a lot of Islamic rules/laws, but yh noone legit. What type of gatherings are you referring to? I don't have a personal sheikh in real life but thats mainly due to laziness and just sending questions to fatwa websites online :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wikipedia must've added a "why do people convert to religions" page.

Because they're overly emotional idiots who don't know any better. :tongue:
Original post by Ankabout
Because they're overly emotional idiots who don't know any better. :tongue:

Lol I think converts got called "gullible". :teehee:
Lol I think converts got called "gullible". :teehee:

Ah ha that's the word I was thinking of.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Funniest thing I've read today on tsr is that the Quran says the moon is a lamp. Utter lolz

You could set them straight you know. :smile:
Ah ha that's the word I was thinking of.

We have our own titles of "indoctrinated" and "brainwashed" too :biggrin:

You could set them straight you know. :smile:

Lol he'd probs get told he's using modern apologetics or mental gymnastics or the other usual rubbish :lol:
We have our own titles of "indoctrinated" and "brainwashed" too :biggrin:

Oh yeah our pet names.

Lol he'd probs get told he's using modern apologetics or mental gymnastics or the other usual rubbish :lol:

Yeah maybe.
It is narrated on the authority of Abu Ayyub Ansari that once during the journey of the Prophet (may peace of Allah be upon him) a bedouin appeared before him and caught hold of the nosestring of his she-camel and then said, Messenger of Allah (or Muhammad), inform me about that which takes me near to Paradise and draws me away from the Fire (of Hell). He (the narrator) said:

The Prophet (ﷺ) stopped for a while and cast a glance upon his companions and then said: He was afforded a good opportunity (or he had been guided well). He (the Holy Prophet) addressing the bedouin said: (Repeat) whatever you have uttered. He (the bedouin) repeated that. Upon this the Apostle (ﷺ) remarked: The deed which can draw you near to Paradise and take you away from Hell is, that you worship Allah and associate none with Him, and you establish prayer and pay Zakat, and do good to your kin. After having uttered these words, the Prophet asked the bedouin to release the nosestring of his she-camel.

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ نُمَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ عُثْمَانَ، حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ طَلْحَةَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي أَبُو أَيُّوبَ، أَنَّ أَعْرَابِيًّا، عَرَضَ لِرَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَهُوَ فِي سَفَرٍ ‏.‏ فَأَخَذَ بِخِطَامِ نَاقَتِهِ أَوْ بِزِمَامِهَا ثُمَّ قَالَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ - أَوْ يَا مُحَمَّدُ - أَخْبِرْنِي بِمَا يُقَرِّبُنِي مِنَ الْجَنَّةِ وَمَا يُبَاعِدُنِي مِنَ النَّارِ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَكَفَّ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ثُمَّ نَظَرَ فِي أَصْحَابِهِ ثُمَّ قَالَ ‏"‏ لَقَدْ وُفِّقَ - أَوْ لَقَدْ هُدِيَ - قَالَ كَيْفَ قُلْتَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ فَأَعَادَ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ تَعْبُدُ اللَّهَ لاَ تُشْرِكُ بِهِ شَيْئًا وَتُقِيمُ الصَّلاَةَ وَتُؤْتِي الزَّكَاةَ وَتَصِلُ الرَّحِمَ دَعِ النَّاقَةَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 13 a
In-book reference : Book 1, Hadith 12
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 1, Hadith 11
And peace be upon you. I don't think theres anyone here whose actually a proper sufi, we have a few pseudo sufis who seem to think being a sufi means you can ignore a lot of Islamic rules/laws, but yh noone legit. What type of gatherings are you referring to? I don't have a personal sheikh in real life but thats mainly due to laziness and just sending questions to fatwa websites online :tongue:

What would one consider a proper sufi? I have a friend and 2 work colleauges who are part of an order and they attend 'meffil/medfil' I think they are called. The hold the sheikh of the order in really high esteem. I think it is mainly about zikr and they share stories of the companions and chant. The chanting looks a little odd to me as am outsider. I have many muslim friends and the ones who practice sufism seem to have this continuous inner peace about them. You feel calmer just being stood next to them. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
فَبِمَا رَحْمَةٍ مِّنَ اللَّهِ لِنتَ لَهُمْ ۖ وَلَوْ كُنتَ فَظًّا غَلِيظَ الْقَلْبِ لَانفَضُّوا مِنْ حَوْلِكَ ۖ فَاعْفُ عَنْهُمْ وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لَهُمْ وَشَاوِرْهُمْ فِي الْأَمْرِ ۖ فَإِذَا عَزَمْتَ فَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُتَوَكِّلِينَ

And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).

- Allah addressing the Prophet Muhammad

عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ‏:‏ مَنْ أُعْطِيَ حَظَّهُ مِنَ الرِّفْقِ فَقَدْ أُعْطِيَ حَظَّهُ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ، وَمَنْ حُرِمَ حَظَّهُ مِنَ الرِّفْقِ، فَقَدْ حُرِمَ حَظَّهُ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ، أَثْقَلُ شَيْءٍ فِي مِيزَانِ الْمُؤْمِنِ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ حُسْنُ الْخُلُقِ، وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَيُبْغِضُ الْفَاحِشَ الْبَذِيَّ‏.

"Whoever has been given his portion of compassion has been given his portion of good. Whoever is denied given his portion of compassion has been denied his portion of good. Good character will be the weightiest thing in the believer's balance on the Day of Rising. Allah hates a coarse, foul-mouthed person."

- Prophet Muhammad

Kindness, Compassion, Mercy - Thats Islam :biggrin:
Peace be with you, In the name of Allah the most beneficent the most merciful. Ya Allah Madad.

Imam Ali a.s is reported to have given this sermon:
Sermon 205 - I dislike that you should be abusers ...

During the battle of Siffin Amir al-mu'minin heard some of his men abusing the Syrians, then he said:
I dislike you starting to abuse them, but if you describe their deeds and recount their situations that would be a better mode of speaking and a more convincing way of arguing. Instead of abusing them you should say, "O' Allah! save our blood and their blood, produce reconciliation between us and them, and lead them out of their misguidance so that he who is ignorant of the truth may know it, and he who inclines towards rebellion and revolt may turn away from it."

http://www.nahjulbalagha.org/Nahjul-Balagha-Sermons/nahjul-balagha-sermon-205.html