The Student Room Group

What to expect from chemical engineering interview at Manchester?

Got my interview at Manchester for chem engine this Wednesday but I have no idea what to expect and I haven't done any preparation. Just wondering if its going to be a formal set technical of questions or not And if anyone whose already had one has any advice?
Original post by callum1432
Got my interview at Manchester for chem engine this Wednesday but I have no idea what to expect and I haven't done any preparation. Just wondering if its going to be a formal set technical of questions or not And if anyone whose already had one has any advice?

So, how was it? Could you tell us what topics and stuff to expect please?
my interview was also on the 25th. it went well and i got an offer..........funny considering it was a last minute decision to go in the first place...... without any preparation:cool:. literally everyone started taking out these books of notes and then there was me. you just need to show enthusiasm, know what chemical engineering is, be ready answer any questions from your personal statement, why you want to do Chem Eng etc........also have VERY GOOD predicted grades:biggrin:.......although the technical questions were a little tough and requires some thinking.
Reply 3
Hey, I'll be having an interview for ChemEng the week after next. It's kinda last minute actually cause I decided to switch course. Would you mind telling me what kind of technical questions did you got asked? Really appreciate if someone could provide some guidance:smile:
Original post by bootsandcats
my interview was also on the 25th. it went well and i got an offer..........funny considering it was a last minute decision to go in the first place...... without any preparation:cool:. literally everyone started taking out these books of notes and then there was me. you just need to show enthusiasm, know what chemical engineering is, be ready answer any questions from your personal statement, why you want to do Chem Eng etc........also have VERY GOOD predicted grades:biggrin:.......although the technical questions were a little tough and requires some thinking.

I went that day and got an offer too :P so I probably saw u
Original post by lkyjo
Hey, I'll be having an interview for ChemEng the week after next. It's kinda last minute actually cause I decided to switch course. Would you mind telling me what kind of technical questions did you got asked? Really appreciate if someone could provide some guidance:smile:

Don't worry about the technical questions since you should be able to answer quite easily of you're doing chemeng
Reply 6
Original post by GentlemanBastard
Don't worry about the technical questions since you should be able to answer quite easily of you're doing chemeng

I see :smile: are the questions asked within the A levels syllabus? Do we have to learn the concepts of the 4 laws of thermodynamics? And should I revise on my a levels? Thanks and sorry for bombarding so many questions.this interview is really important to me cuz it's my first choice:smile:
Original post by lkyjo
I see :smile: are the questions asked within the A levels syllabus? Do we have to learn the concepts of the 4 laws of thermodynamics? And should I revise on my a levels? Thanks and sorry for bombarding so many questions.this interview is really important to me cuz it's my first choice:smile:

Everyone's questions were different but they were mostly simple things. They asked me 2 chem 1 phys and 1 maths questions that consisted of 1 sentence answers. Yeah they were a level and probs not about thermodynamics but I would learn the laws just to be safe. The most important thing they look for is understanding and enthusiasm for chemeng
Reply 8
Original post by GentlemanBastard
Everyone's questions were different but they were mostly simple things. They asked me 2 chem 1 phys and 1 maths questions that consisted of 1 sentence answers. Yeah they were a level and probs not about thermodynamics but I would learn the laws just to be safe. The most important thing they look for is understanding and enthusiasm for chemeng

Ah.. I see. Thank you so much for the info! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest