The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard about the Freshfields international workshop?
Original post by ghall12
Hi there, has anyone done the DWF video interview? I've been asked to submit by Monday but eager for some tips before I do it. Thanks!

I've got to do it too, from what i have heard it is your career motivations, why the firm etc
TLT "end of this week, or end of next" - again :redface:
Original post by JKRP11
Offer from Ropes & Gray ! Buzzing

Congrats!
Original post by JKRP11
Offer from Ropes & Gray ! Buzzing

Grats! How did you hear?
Original post by noel123
Grats! How did you hear?

sent you a message ! Good luck
Original post by ULawAJ
Congrats!

Thank you !
maybe white & case will respond today...

Reply 4388
Still nothing from Eversheds post face-to- face, anyone else?
Reply 4389
Original post by Lizzy07
Ah, that's somewhat helpful, at least I know they are already giving out the offers... I was starting to believe that they simply forgot about me. My interview was back in January and according to the HR lady was the first one to be interviewed, yet have not heard anything since. May I ask did you receive a phone call or an email? Thanks! and congratulations btw :smile:

Original post by lawyertobe123
I am also still waiting for a reply from Eversheds post face-to-face. My interview was last Wednesday.

I'm also still waiting following my interview last Tuesday.
Reply 4391
Sidley Austin still haven't responded to me - Ive spoken to HR - theyr not even half full lol. Loads of people are going to withdraw applications as it reaches exam time
Reply 4392
Ill probably withdraw if I'm not offered an interview by next week
Anyone hear anything from Irwin Mitchell post AC?
J-SP
x

Could do with some of your wisdom (or anybody else's for that matter!). I've got a family wedding taking place abroad that I have to be at over the middle weekend of a vac scheme, and I've just found out that my family booked me an outbound flight on the Friday night with them. The timing of the flight would require me to leave the office at 5ish. I don't want to seem cheeky/uncommitted/lazy by asking to leave earlier than I would otherwise, but, equally, the flight has already been booked and the only others available are either too late or too expensive. I asked to switch to a different scheme which would avoid this issue completely but they said they had already finalised numbers etc. Any advice?
Reply 4395
Original post by Kidioteque
Could do with some of your wisdom (or anybody else's for that matter!). I've got a family wedding taking place abroad that I have to be at over the middle weekend of a vac scheme, and I've just found out that my family booked me an outbound flight on the Friday night with them. The timing of the flight would require me to leave the office at 5ish. I don't want to seem cheeky/uncommitted/lazy by asking to leave earlier than I would otherwise, but, equally, the flight has already been booked and the only others available are either too late or too expensive. I asked to switch to a different scheme which would avoid this issue completely but they said they had already finalised numbers etc. Any advice?

Just explain the situation, they're not monsters. I really doubt they'd have you in the office much after 5pm on a Friday anyway
Reply 4396
Original post by twizzzzzzter
TLT "end of this week, or end of next" - again :redface:

Have you had an offer from TLT? I have heard nothing
Original post by mrinvinicble
I'm also still waiting following my interview last Tuesday.

I'm still waiting after my interview last week too!
Reply 4398
Original post by sparkykate
I'm still waiting after my interview last week too!

A lot of us in the same position for all different offices it seems!
Bristows TC offer! Absolutely over the moon! Although I'm sure my vac scheme firms will not longer want me to go, which I understand, hopefully it'll open up some places for others! Thanks to all the help and support of everyone on here and best of luck to you all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending