The Student Room Group

UEM Madrid Dentistry 2015

Hi guys,

Is anyone else applying to UEM Madrid for dentistry this year?

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
Im considering applying but the only thing that concerns me is student finances. As the course is €17600/year (£13000) tuition fees + living costs, im going to need a student loan.
Do they provide you with one?
Reply 2
Original post by batman2909
Hi,
Im considering applying but the only thing that concerns me is student finances. As the course is €17600/year (£13000) tuition fees + living costs, im going to need a student loan.
Do they provide you with one?

This is my only issue as well, but I'm just working really hard to save a lot of money and asking family. There must be a way to get a loan there
I am currently emailing the university and as soon as i get enough information I shall post on here. :smile:
hey, i considering apply too. I toured the campus, met with professors. you should definitely do the same !
Reply 5
Original post by bordelaise33
hey, i considering apply too. I toured the campus, met with professors. you should definitely do the same !

Hey! I've got my interview coming up on friday this week, I was wondering how you got on with yours?
Was there anything too tricky that they asked?

I'm quite nervous for mine! Thanks
Original post by rohansood
Hey! I've got my interview coming up on friday this week, I was wondering how you got on with yours?
Was there anything too tricky that they asked?

I'm quite nervous for mine! Thanks

Hi dont be nervous it's really easy, people of the administration are Nice and they just want to know why do you want to study at the UEM
Reply 7
Original post by bordelaise33
Hi dont be nervous it's really easy, people of the administration are Nice and they just want to know why do you want to study at the UEM

Thank you! Did they ask general knowledge questions?
Reply 8
The interview is such a general chat, nothing to worry about at all! The person was doing more of the talking anyway, about the course and the uni, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi
I'm planning on going
But how do you guys afford the tuition fees as there are no loans
Parents ?
And are you guys definitely going
Hi
I'm planning on going
Parents ?

Original post by Dreamsxo
The interview is such a general chat, nothing to worry about at all! The person was doing more of the talking ayway, about the course and the uni, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Anwar2296
Hi
I'm planning on going
Parents ?

I've been working really hard saving every penny so I will have enough of my own savings by September to afford the first year then just asking my parents and trying to get a job out in Spain? I'm definitely going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How old are you ?
Have you done a degree or in college
And getting a job in Spain is easier said than done in their economy
How much is the first year

Original post by Dreamsxo
I've been working really hard saving every penny so I will have enough of my own savings by September to afford the first year then just asking my parents and trying to get a job out in Spain? I'm definitely going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hi, I have an offer and I'm planning on studying there this September, i just don't know what to expect
Hi guys I got a phone call today from a lady at the uni and she said there are still a few places available. However I do not have a clue about the whole admission process as I will be doing it individually. It is for the September 2015 course and it would be great if someone could help me. Also how is the admissions test like and have you guys arranged accommodation?
Any insight will be appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Donvito97
Hi guys I got a phone call today from a lady at the uni and she said there are still a few places available. However I do not have a clue about the whole admission process as I will be doing it individually. It is for the September 2015 course and it would be great if someone could help me. Also how is the admissions test like and have you guys arranged accommodation?
Any insight will be appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, i know roughly the outline of the admissions process as i have an offer at the moment and happy to help and inform you of my process. Firstly, I emailed one of the admissions tutor and met up with one in London as they came for an open day. After having a meeting I was forwarded onto another admissions tutor who took care of my application. I filled out the application form with my personal information on. After making an application I had to take two admission tests. The first one was an English test, with English been my first language it's very easy and straightforward with nothing to worry about. The second test is more of a personality test which was about 50 mins long, if comprised of simple questions where you have to rate using a scale how you would reach in a situation. You can't revise for it, it's straight forward and just assesses you as a person. After you complete the two tests the admissions tutor will arrange a time with you for an interview. The interview is very informal and was just a run through of the course and a discussion of my test results and why I wanted to pursue dentistry. After the interview you will told if you get an offer, after this you begin the enrolment process(which I am in the middle of). I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Nala97
Hi, I have an offer and I'm planning on studying there this September, i just don't know what to expect

How did you go about applying to UEM? What is the process for a student in the UK/when should I apply
Reply 17
Original post by mikeoxlong000
How did you go about applying to UEM? What is the process for a student in the UK/when should I apply

Hi, i posted above some of the details on how I applied, it's a little lengthy you can take a look. If apply as soon as possible if I was you. When I started my application process I was told the Valencia campus was already full :smile:
Reply 18
Hey guys any of you confirmed Madrid UEM??
Original post by Nala97
Hi, i posted above some of the details on how I applied, it's a little lengthy you can take a look. If apply as soon as possible if I was you. When I started my application process I was told the Valencia campus was already full :smile:

Do you mind me asking what the name of your admissions tutor was for UEM? I presume they are in charge of a lot of applicants so surely must take a while to organise the application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending