The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stac4321
STILL haven't heard back from my MMI on the 8th of January. I don't understand why they don't look at older applications first? I'm getting so frustrated, it's been 9 weeks, they said 2-3!

You can as well give them a call. I just got invitation for selection day , can u brief me on what to focus or practice for the literacy pls
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Gold2015
You can as well give them a call. I just got invitation for selection day , can u brief me on what to focus or practice for the literacy pls

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
STILL haven't heard back from my MMI on the 8th of January. I don't understand why they don't look at older applications first? I'm getting so frustrated, it's been 9 weeks, they said 2-3!

Did you have your MMI and your tests on the same day? That's really frustrating for you - you could try messaging them through the MyApplication portal and enquiring as to the status of your application?

I have my MMI tomorrow and the thought of having to wait that long is seriously scary/annoying. I feel like they're dealing with some people fast and others a bit slower, I'm not sure how though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fairplaytoyou
Did you have your MMI and your tests on the same day? That's really frustrating for you - you could try messaging them through the MyApplication portal and enquiring as to the status of your application?

I have my MMI tomorrow and the thought of having to wait that long is seriously scary/annoying. I feel like they're dealing with some people fast and others a bit slower, I'm not sure how though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did them on separate days- I'd already done the tests in early December... I messaged them after 4 weeks and again after 8 and both times they said they were busy and hadn't had a chance to look at them all yet. I appreciate they have a lot to do, but I can't help but feel annoyed that they've kept me waiting so long but are letting other people know straight away. I think if I email again it's at risk of sounding of bitter/crazy, however I'm getting really concerned that they're lost it or something!

im the same!!!
had my tests and mmi on the 20th jan and still not heard, i did the same as you emailed, and i also called twice at like 4 weeks then 5 weeks, ugh its so frustrating and disheartening :frown:

i hope you hear soon xxxxx
Reply 285
I did them on separate days- I'd already done the tests in early December... I messaged them after 4 weeks and again after 8 and both times they said they were busy and hadn't had a chance to look at them all yet. I appreciate they have a lot to do, but I can't help but feel annoyed that they've kept me waiting so long but are letting other people know straight away. I think if I email again it's at risk of sounding of bitter/crazy, however I'm getting really concerned that they're lost it or something!

That is a joke! I got an offer a day after my MMI, I had already done tests. I would defo ring them! Good luck xx
Just had my MMI today, I would advise future MMI-goers to keep calm and relax because they really want you to succeed and do well in it and they're very encouraging. It's not that tough at all- just believe in yourself :smile:

So anxious to find out now, from next Tuesday onwards I'll be frantically checking MyApplication (they said 7-10 days)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how many weeks per year is the undergrad course actually runs for? as i can't find the exact number of weeks on their website online and i'm trying to work out how much i will get from the NHS bursary to see whether or not i will be able to afford any of the accommodation. cheers x
Reply 288
Original post by piratosaurusrex
Does anyone know how many weeks per year is the undergrad course actually runs for? as i can't find the exact number of weeks on their website online and i'm trying to work out how much i will get from the NHS bursary to see whether or not i will be able to afford any of the accommodation. cheers x

Hiya, I think it ranges between 39-45 weeks, it depends because I was trying to calculate how many weeks there are in the first year because I also have to apply for accommodation due the fact I'm not from London.

any help is appreciated if you know how many weeks the course will run from, just for the first year..
hey everyone,

currently 7 weeks since my mmi and tests.. and i just got an 'update' on the kcl application portal saying 'thank you for your application however because you didn't attend your scheduled interview your application has been unsuccessful'

as you can imagine im panicking, i went to my interview.. definitley.. i definitley went hahaa

ringing them tomorrow morning hopefully a mistake.. it must be..

just thought id tell everyone :/
Had my MMI yesterday and I've got a conditional offer! So pleased :smile:
Original post by kateli94
Had my MMI yesterday and I've got a conditional offer! So pleased :smile:

So so lucky, I had mine yesterday too haha what time was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my MMI exactly 1 week ago and just got my offer through for Adult Nursing!! Ecstatic, already firmed it!! And also don't worry about the MMI, the people there are so lovely, it's so much less intimidating than you think it will be. I ended up laughing with my interviewer about something completely off topic, she was lovely.

Also to everybody asking about the literacy tests, we had to sign a non-disclosure form as not to say anything about them to other applicants! So that's why everyone is being kinda quiet, seriously they are fine anyway, as long as you found GCSE english okay you'll be fine.
Does anyone know how many places there are on adult nursing at kings?
Original post by fairplaytoyou
So so lucky, I had mine yesterday too haha what time was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was at 9:30 :smile:
Reply 295

Oh I think I saw you haha. i smiled then you asked me "is this place for nursing interviews"
Reply 296
Original post by twioo5
Oh I think I saw you haha. i smiled then you asked me "is this place for nursing interviews"

Actually I don't know if that's you or not lol. I jut guessed. Anyway congrats on your offer!
Reply 297
Original post by Zaddie Caso
Had my MMI exactly 1 week ago and just got my offer through for Adult Nursing!! Ecstatic, already firmed it!! And also don't worry about the MMI, the people there are so lovely, it's so much less intimidating than you think it will be. I ended up laughing with my interviewer about something completely off topic, she was lovely.

Also to everybody asking about the literacy tests, we had to sign a non-disclosure form as not to say anything about them to other applicants! So that's why everyone is being kinda quiet, seriously they are fine anyway, as long as you found GCSE english okay you'll be fine.

Loooool yeah my first interviewer was sooooooo sweet! She made me feel so at ease. I just kept on talking and she was like I have no more Q for you LOL. Some interviewers made me feel awkward. I would just look at them and wonder wth am I supposed to say? Lol. Sometimes I had a thought in my mind but didn't know how to say it properly lol
Original post by twioo5
Loooool yeah my first interviewer was sooooooo sweet! She made me feel so at ease. I just kept on talking and she was like I have no more Q for you LOL. Some interviewers made me feel awkward. I would just look at them and wonder wth am I supposed to say? Lol. Sometimes I had a thought in my mind but didn't know how to say it properly lol

I think I messed up on one of my interviewers because of their demeanour, he didn't seem friendly like the others and just sat there watching me with a blank face (also they kept putting their pen in their ear?!) so hopefully that doesn't mean I'm completely ruled out of an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh mine was at 11:30! forgot to say congrats btw haha :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest