Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Gotta start packing and doing online check-in soon :headfire:

:grouphugs: for everyone, especially Spock's Socks :frown:

Have fun!!! :eek3: :woo:

Original post by Anonymous #2
Lego is the best! As you said, so expensive though. Going to go to the Lego store on Friday and get a Pick A Brick cup :mmm:

Hope the social thing turns out alright, you've done a good thing though, remember that. I could never be involved in a society in the way that you are, too stressful!

You like Community?! I think you're the only person I know who watches it :colondollar: I used to love it but for some reason stopped watching after season 4, Chang annoys me too much.

It is! :biggrin: Hadn't bought any in ages, but found some LOTR lego on sale in argos last year so got that then :colondollar: Lego Gandalf and Saruman :3 Pick-a-brick sounds so cool! :eek:
Thanks, unfortunately hasn't really gone ahead/was just me and someone else. It's like the only way I've been social/I just really love it, but yes, very stressful, and that's what I don't like about it, that and the horrid behind-your-back gossiping that seems to go on in this society :sad:

I do! :biggrin: Only started watching a couple weeks ago though... Midway through season 3! Haha, I'd vaguely heard of it before, but was in cinema office and friend was watching it/I watched some too :colondollar: Apparently season 4 was one of the worst/season 5's better? :dontknow: Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about him :colondollar:

Original post by Pathway
Today's exam actually went ok I think? I mean, I got all the material down that I wanted to get down, but I kept dissociating and staring at the ceiling, etc. Hate the fact that the question was so vague/broad, have no idea if I've done well or not. :s-smilie:

Also got contacted by my psychs secretary, got an appointment on Friday. A bit scared because I've had no time to prepare but it's the only one they had available and I don't think I can wait? I'm so nervous. :frown: What happens at follow up appointments? :/ gah, I hate the unknown...

Really don't want to go to counselling later, feel too dissociated to deal with it/make any use of it, uggh, I'm such a waste of time.

Well done for doing exam :hugs: Good luck for appointments and counselling

Original post by ScaryScience
not feeling good at all. could really really do with a real life hug. want to cry

:jumphug:

Original post by PandaWho
Back home! Think im going in to sort job stuff out tomorrow now iv found my counterpart license! ****s getting real!

Yay :smile: Hope job stuff goes well - exciting! :eek: :biggrin:

------------------------------------

Was just me and someone else for social, so didn't go ahead. Now really torn whether to go to this unofficial one or not. Feel bad for the social sec, and just seems so unfair everyone's bailed on it just because it's inconvenient. I can understand why they'd rather go to unofficial one sort of/it's better timing and stuff, but IMO we *should* support the actual one whatever. Am fine for people to organise something else if they can't go, but people who *can* go to the other one shouldn't just change. I don't know :frown:
People making a couple snarky comments about the difference in attendances for both socials/how the unofficial one is better organised, and just so unfair and stupid, and can imagine more being made, and just annoyed with them for making fun of the official one/stopping myself from making some sort of outburst of annoyance...
Think I'm going to go look for this teddy-bench :colondollar: try to calm down (not *that* angry, but dunno.) and decide what to do. Need to go shopping too for nice birthday food for tomorrow :redface:

edit: and sorry for all these recent rambles, btw :s-smilie: haven't written in diary for a week or so, and think I just go between phases of writing in that and splurging on here.... :hide: plus maybe to do this not feeling absolutely awful/so it's easier to realise what's annoying me? anyway, more ramble.....
(edited 9 years ago)
Uni have called my placement about my attendance. Uni attendance is a bit dreadful (I really don't cope well with the sessions and the very very long days) but my school attendance is pristine except for three days off when I had an awful cold.

Now I'm feeling a bit worried about what exactly has been mentioned to the placement and I feel really sick thinking that my crazies have been mentioned as a reason for watching my attendance.

I'm just really struggling to juggle everything now :frown:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Uni have called my placement about my attendance. Uni attendance is a bit dreadful (I really don't cope well with the sessions and the very very long days) but my school attendance is pristine except for three days off when I had an awful cold.

Now I'm feeling a bit worried about what exactly has been mentioned to the placement and I feel really sick thinking that my crazies have been mentioned as a reason for watching my attendance.

I'm just really struggling to juggle everything now :frown:

:hugs: can you explain to them about Uni and stuff? it's good your school attendance is good though!

im not sure but I think they can only tell them if you give them permission or if you are a threat to yourself/others? they shouldn't be able to just tell them without your say so for a reason like that I don't think (again not 100% on this though)

:console: hopefully you can sort things out!
Original post by purple-duck

It is! :biggrin: Hadn't bought any in ages, but found some LOTR lego on sale in argos last year so got that then :colondollar: Lego Gandalf and Saruman :3 Pick-a-brick sounds so cool! :eek:
Thanks, unfortunately hasn't really gone ahead/was just me and someone else. It's like the only way I've been social/I just really love it, but yes, very stressful, and that's what I don't like about it, that and the horrid behind-your-back gossiping that seems to go on in this society :sad:

I do! :biggrin: Only started watching a couple weeks ago though... Midway through season 3! Haha, I'd vaguely heard of it before, but was in cinema office and friend was watching it/I watched some too :colondollar: Apparently season 4 was one of the worst/season 5's better? :dontknow: Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about him :colondollar:

Sorry to hear that :frown: Yeah, I thought about putting myself forward for LGBT rep for the SU but decided against it. Maybe next year!

Yeah, it's all good up to about then but it goes downhill. Might pick up where I left off after I finish Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. You should definitely give that a watch if you have time too, first time in a while I've laughed out loud watching something.
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:hugs: can you explain to them about Uni and stuff? it's good your school attendance is good though!

im not sure but I think they can only tell them if you give them permission or if you are a threat to yourself/others? they shouldn't be able to just tell them without your say so for a reason like that I don't think (again not 100% on this though)

:console: hopefully you can sort things out!

Well I was away from uni this week because I had a super sick puppy to deal with on Monday. Gah.

I just really worry that I'm becoming paranoid about all of the uni stuff. I am absolutely 100% convinced that my mentor hates me and is trying to trip me up.

I was told that they can't disclose but I think I'm annoyed that my uni stuff could now affect my school relationships. I mean, I look a bit dreadful for skipping the uni days when I haven't been too well and I found myself struggling to explain those days off to my school mentor now. It put my in a super awkward situation because I am a good teacher (for a trainee) and now I'm having to explain why I avoid uni without mentioning it's because I find the that being out for over 13 hours for uni is exhausting because my mental health is a big wobbly suckfest.

I have a meeting with the mental health team next week so I'm hoping that we can at least sort that out.

I am so up to date with all of my uni stuff, I keep up with the work, I teach okay and I'm doing so well compared to how I thought I'd handle it and then there's this awful niggle from uni making everything a giant nightmare.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Well I was away from uni this week because I had a super sick puppy to deal with on Monday. Gah.

I just really worry that I'm becoming paranoid about all of the uni stuff. I am absolutely 100% convinced that my mentor hates me and is trying to trip me up.

I was told that they can't disclose but I think I'm annoyed that my uni stuff could now affect my school relationships. I mean, I look a bit dreadful for skipping the uni days when I haven't been too well and I found myself struggling to explain those days off to my school mentor now. It put my in a super awkward situation because I am a good teacher (for a trainee) and now I'm having to explain why I avoid uni without mentioning it's because I find the that being out for over 13 hours for uni is exhausting because my mental health is a big wobbly suckfest.

I have a meeting with the mental health team next week so I'm hoping that we can at least sort that out.

I am so up to date with all of my uni stuff, I keep up with the work, I teach okay and I'm doing so well compared to how I thought I'd handle it and then there's this awful niggle from uni making everything a giant nightmare.

that's okay, gotta look after your puppy if it's ill! doubt anyone could hold that against you!

hopefully that's not the case, but if you think they aren't working for you can you ask to see a different mentor?

It definitely sounds like a difficult situation yeah, it's a shame you can't be sure how they'd react cause if you knew they would understand MH stuff then I guess it might be better to talk to them but I can definitely understand why you wouldn't want to as well cause you can't know they will understand. maybe just say you were ill or you missed them for personal reasons? they can't really question that too much!

that's good, hopefully they can help!

that's really good you are all up to date with stuff, if you are all up together with the work surely the Uni can't make too much out of it anyway as well? hopefully not anyway if they understand why!

huge hugs anyway :hugs:
Original post by purple-duck

Well done for doing exam :hugs: Good luck for appointments and counselling

------------------------------------

Was just me and someone else for social, so didn't go ahead. Now really torn whether to go to this unofficial one or not. Feel bad for the social sec, and just seems so unfair everyone's bailed on it just because it's inconvenient. I can understand why they'd rather go to unofficial one sort of/it's better timing and stuff, but IMO we *should* support the actual one whatever. Am fine for people to organise something else if they can't go, but people who *can* go to the other one shouldn't just change. I don't know :frown:
People making a couple snarky comments about the difference in attendances for both socials/how the unofficial one is better organised, and just so unfair and stupid, and can imagine more being made, and just annoyed with them for making fun of the official one/stopping myself from making some sort of outburst of annoyance...
Think I'm going to go look for this teddy-bench :colondollar: try to calm down (not *that* angry, but dunno.) and decide what to do. Need to go shopping too for nice birthday food for tomorrow :redface:

edit: and sorry for all these recent rambles, btw :s-smilie: haven't written in diary for a week or so, and think I just go between phases of writing in that and splurging on here.... :hide: plus maybe to do this not feeling absolutely awful/so it's easier to realise what's annoying me? anyway, more ramble.....

Thank you, and sorry to hear things aren't going so well at the moment. :console: here if you want to ramble to someone.

----------------

Almost passed out during counselling. Not even sure why. :cry:
ED

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Struggling :frown:

I feel like they've bugged my wife's office. I don't know where this feeling has come from but it's like they're watching me constantly. I feel very on edge, could do with some diazepam but left it at home.
Original post by Sabertooth
Struggling :frown:

I feel like they've bugged my wife's office. I don't know where this feeling has come from but it's like they're watching me constantly. I feel very on edge, could do with some diazepam but left it at home.

:console: Most important is, you know, that it is just a feeling coming from somewhere and not real. I hope it goes away, soon! Are you far away from home? Or can you ask someone to bring you your medicamentation?
Original post by Nathanielle
:console: Most important is, you know, that it is just a feeling coming from somewhere and not real. I hope it goes away, soon! Are you far away from home? Or can you ask someone to bring you your medicamentation?

It is just a feeling yeah, but enough to make me feel very uncomfortable.

I'm only a 15minute bus ride from home but my wife told me not to leave her office as she is worried what I might do (and if I'm honest, so am I :colondollar: ).

How's the rugby going?
Cant help but feeling theres someone in the flat but i know im home alone fml

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've managed to find a local private counsellor. She said she will help me with CBT for my panic attacks and also my phobia of flying and puking. Not got an appointment until 23rd but I'm quite excited to start and hopefully get the ball rolling in the right direction :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is just a feeling yeah, but enough to make me feel very uncomfortable.

I'm only a 15minute bus ride from home but my wife told me not to leave her office as she is worried what I might do (and if I'm honest, so am I :colondollar: ).

Yeah, probably better like this. You are right. Good to know your wife is there, so you have someone who will help you.

How's the rugby going?

Already wanted to quit, finally, but then realized another time, that it would be very difficult to find so supportive people again and that is much worth, too. Thus I try to only to think, that I need to have fun, the only day, we definitely play as a team and second task is to get rif of my back pain. I try not to think about it.

Cant help but feeling theres someone in the flat but i know im home alone fml

I hope you are not feeling to worried.
Yeah, probably better like this. You are right. Good to know your wife is there, so you have someone who will help you.

Already wanted to quit, finally, but then realized another time, that it would be very difficult to find so supportive people again and that is much worth, too. Thus I try to only to think, that I need to have fun, the only day, we definitely play as a team and second task is to get rif of my back pain. I try not to think about it.

I hope you are not feeling to worried.

Guess this is why i should take my meds :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's actually not here, she's at a meeting. I'm just sitting in her office with my laptop because bad things might happen if I was stuck at home alone. Makes me feel like such a pathetic loser but I suppose if this is what it takes to stay safe it's worth it. :colondollar:

Sorry to hear about the back pain, have you seen a physiotherapist about it? I can't imagine it's easy playing rugby with back pain. I'm glad to hear you didn't quit though, we all need some release in our lives. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Guess this is why i should take my meds :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: They don't work unless you take them everyday.
:console: They don't work unless you take them everyday.

My own fault cos i didnt have enough to last me until i can get to the drs :sad: keeping hearing noises

Posted from TSR Mobile
My own fault cos i didnt have enough to last me until i can get to the drs :sad: keeping hearing noises

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no, that is annoying. Don't beat yourself up, but try to think, how to avoid it next time.
Sorry to hear about the back pain, have you seen a physiotherapist about it? I can't imagine it's easy playing rugby with back pain. I'm glad to hear you didn't quit though, we all need some release in our lives. :smile:

Problem is to actually get me phoning the doctor (so lazy and don't really know a good sympathetic one, I have the impression, as long as you did not come with something actually broken, a lot don't care), but I think I should do, because I don't want it to get worse and it does not feel good. Hopefully I then get a prescription for a physio. (Can't see a physio without prescription. :frown: )
Oh no, that is annoying. Don't beat yourself up, but try to think, how to avoid it next time.

Cant help but feel what happend IF theres someone here though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest