The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eskimok1
so far I've been rejected from everywhere I had an interview. Starting to think the course isn't for me :frown:

Sorry to hear that, but you have a couple of offers don't you? Your application must have been strong to get you three interviews and two offers. Some people just don't do that well at interviews, but it doesn't mean that they haven't got the necessary skills and enthusiasm. Good luck to you.
Original post by Aah28
Does anybody know if MMU gave a deadline as to when they would make all their decisions?

As far as I know it will be by the end of March :smile:
Wait, has anyone been given an offer from Leeds Beckett yet?
Original post by aderyn96
oh my gosh just logged in to track and got a conditional from BCU!! haven't even had an email yet haha yay! first offer! :smile:

Yay! Congratulations!!! Well done you*
Rejection from DMU following interview :frown:

Sorry to hear that*
Original post by anomea
Ahh I got an offer from DMU it was my last offer :smile:

Congrats, wow today has been a day for offers!
Original post by Carolina Monica

Think there has been the odd one or two
Original post by anomea

Well done, lots of decisions to be made.

I'm going to Leeds Beckett on a place deferred from last year
so far I've been rejected from everywhere I had an interview. Starting to think the course isn't for me :frown:

Sorry to hear that, must be very frustrating. Try not to be disheartened though, you're still waiting to hear from a few uni, right? And the fact you were invited for interview shows you must be a strong candidate. And there's always extra and clearing or even taking a year out to gain more experience and reapplying next year if all else fails.

Several years ago, I was rejected from four of my choices without even getting an interview - and then, when I wasn't expecting anything anymore, I just got an unconditional offer from Manchester uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by izzydizzyyy
That's fair enough. Juggling parenthood and studying does sound quite daunting! Where are you going?

Thank you! I'm going to (or rather staying in 😍) Sheffield.

Not that many offers or rejections seem to have come through for Sheffield yet, have they?

Congratulations on the most recent offers and good luck to anyone still waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, yeah I got an offer a few days later after my interview, have you been for your interview yet?
Does anybody know how many applicants have roughly applied to cardiff met? And why does cardiff mett not do interviews even though it is an NHS funded course
Original post by luci444
Hey, yeah I got an offer a few days later after my interview, have you been for your interview yet?

Original post by luci444
Does anybody know how many applicants have roughly applied to cardiff met? And why does cardiff mett not do interviews even though it is an NHS funded course

Congrats on Leeds :smile:

No Cardiff don't interview; at the open day they said they don't find it particularly beneficial. They said they get approx. 300 applicants for 25 - 30 spaces :eek:
(edited 9 years ago)

Sorry to hear your bad news about DMU. Don't give up!

Original post by anomea

Congratulations that's brilliant! :smile:
Original post by madagascar

No Cardiff don't interview; at the open day they said they don't find it particularly beneficial. They said they get approx. 300 applicants for 25 - 30 spaces :eek:

Wish I didn't waste an application applying to Cardiff. To me a place that doesn't interview is saying it is looking for someone purely on their academics tbh - a personal statement shows little since most people have 283847 people help them write it anyway! (I'm just bitter because I didn't read their requirements properly on the website and they refused me because I hae GCSE Maths at grade C and they want B) most RIDICULOUS reason I've ever heard!
Original post by madagascar

Hmm I see, I wonder how many they gave offers to then and thank you:smile:
Wish I didn't waste an application applying to Cardiff. To me a place that doesn't interview is saying it is looking for someone purely on their academics tbh - a personal statement shows little since most people have 283847 people help them write it anyway! (I'm just bitter because I didn't read their requirements properly on the website and they refused me because I hae GCSE Maths at grade C and they want B) most RIDICULOUS reason I've ever heard!

Ah that's silly to base on your gcse, and you passed anyway! I was really shocked when they gave me an offer Without an interview

There are a few places that don't interview, and DMU was one of them until this year. In all fairness, whilst academics isn't everything, it is a hard course so a certain standard is required, but Cardiff certainly don't have the highest entry criteria so it obviously isn't all they are interested in. Some places want maths, and others english, a foreign language or biology; it just shows that each uni is looking for something different. A personal statement and reference shows more than just academic ability anyway. I can understand your bitterness, no one likes to be turned down, but part of proving yourself a good applicant is surely researching the uni & the course properly?! With regards to personal statement, I worked long and hard on mine, totally independently and feel very proud of it. I appreciate you may think it shows little, however I think the many people who have been offered interviews or uni places based on their statement will disagree.
Original post by luci444
Hmm I see, I wonder how many they gave offers to then and thank you:smile:

No idea as I didn't ask them that, but Marjon said they do 3:1 so its probably a similar ratio

Quick Reply

Latest