Scroll to see replies

Brandon Marshall x 2
Dez Bryant
Sammy Watkins x 2
Odell Beckham & Victor Cruz
Antonio Brown
Demaryius Thomas
Desean Jackson

Well unless Patriots somehow procure some wonderful CB. Can see the secondary getting absolutely torched next season :yikes:
Some word drifting through that Browner might end up back in the LOB
Wow...Jets are in pole position for Antonio Cromartie, in addition to the signings of Darelle Revis and Buster Skrine. And, the Jets would still have Dee Miliner as depth.

Todd Boles is not messing around.
This is pretty crazy. Eagles are doing the Dream Team thing except if your dream is for all your players to be injured. The Jets are signing old people because Vick and CJ2k just worked out so well last season. Lots of mediocre quarterbacks are going to be mediocre in different places. The Jets should get some kind of slap on the wrist for tampering. It was a clear violation but it probably also didn't actually change anything.
We're losing James Carpenter as well ffs.

O-Line is now: Patrick Lewis, JR Sweezy, Stephen Schilling, Keavon Milton, Lemuel Jeanpierre, Alvin Bailey, Garry Gilliam, Russell Okung and Justin Britt.

Okung is starter level quality. Britt is only one season in and he hasn't been awful so I can live with him still being around. It's the guard position that worries me. Sweezy is simply not good enough, and Schilling/Milton are backups at best. Lewis is probably gonna be the starting center which again is worrying but I guess we could do worse. We did win the 4 games he started last season (including the impressive wins v. Arizona).

I think Carroll and Schneider need to realise that drafting people in later rounds is okay for some positions (look at our secondary etc.) but O-Line is one of those ones where drafting high pays off (look at the Cowboys).
Wow I didn't realise the Jets were getting Skrine too. That's actually pretty insane. If their receivers stay healthy/they get more depth, and the Smith vs Fitzmagic camp battle produces a serviceable starter they start to look like one of the better teams in the division. And I'd rather have that than Cassel vs Manuel.
If they take Mariota in the draft and he becomes a quality starter then the Jets will really challenge this season. They need a run game but otherwise strengthening up
Jabaal Sheard to the Pats, Andre Johnson to the Colts. Get on with it, Seattle
I like the Sheard signing. We gonna need a boost to our pass rush if our secondary remains as it is.

Chimdi Chekwa? Better get something better than that Bill.
Original post by Wattsy
x.

Change me from Pats to Giants please :smile:
Original post by cant_think_of_name
If they take Mariota in the draft and he becomes a quality starter then the Jets will really challenge this season. They need a run game but otherwise strengthening up

Jets don't need Mariota, they now need to focus on pass rush. They'd be sending him into the same fire that Geno Smith was sent into. It'll be horrible for Mariota. And the Jets most certainly have a run game. Hung 200 yards on the Patriots. They need running back depth, sure, but they have the tools to be a smash mouth. They've played like that for a while.

Geno Smith's also got talent. Towards the end of the season, he improved a lot. Vick's probably out of the building, and they have veteran presence to guide the young guns. Milliner will improve under Revis and Cromartie's tutelage.

Get Vic Beasley, and that defense would be Elite, with a capital E...that is, if the Redskins are dumb enough to pass on him. With Locker retired, Mariota is now in play for the Titans. It would be the wrong option, with Leonard Williams on the board, but I could see it happening. Add in an ILB, and well, that's a mean unit, for sure.

Fitzpatrick can get a team to the playoffs, leaning on a strong run game, and honestly, he's not bad. With their CB position looking quite deep now, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a run for Jay Ajayi in the second, to complement Ivory, now that Chris Johnson has left the building. O-line is a great run-blocking unit, but pass protection could improve.

Bills with Cassell is OK...they only need a Randy Orton level of play to succeed. They still have an elite Front seven, with more than the ghost of Fred Jackson now. The resigning of Jerry Hughes was huge.
Also, FOR BUCCS SAKE, WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!

[h="2"]Releasing Dashon Goldson...for Chris Conte...[/h]That is such a downgrade...Goldson is probably being overpaid, but Chris Conte is one of the worst safeties in the league. There's a reason why the Bears' secondary has been awful...
Also, Walter Thurmond is now an Eagle.
Original post by jammy4041
Also, FOR BUCCS SAKE, WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!

[h="2"]Releasing Dashon Goldson...for Chris Conte...[/h]That is such a downgrade...Goldson is probably being overpaid, but Chris Conte is one of the worst safeties in the league. There's a reason why the Bears' secondary has been awful...

Goldson was crap last year, gave a way too many penalties as well. How was Conte back in Lovie's old system in Chi? We love mediocre free agents.
Glad I held off on buying a Revis jersey or there could have been some tears.
Wisniewski visiting Seattle. Please please please let a deal come out of this. Durable, young center who can also play guard, yes pls
The more I think about it the less I like McCourty's contract.
Original post by ..DT..
Goldson was crap last year, gave a way too many penalties as well. How was Conte back in Lovie's old system in Chi? We love mediocre free agents.

Don't get me wrong, I understand Goldson was rubbish for the Buccs...not worth that big contract by anymeans, but this is the sort of move that can only be described as a side-grade at best.

Under Lovie Smith, he still had a negative PFF grade. Not the -20 (!!) abomination that the Goldson had last season, but still graded out negative overall. Considering that Rolle was still on the table, it's a real head scratcher. Surprise surprise, he went to the Bears on a fairly nice deal.

Henry Melton was a good pickup though, and if there was any chance of the Buccs getting Leonard Williams, that is well and truly extinguished now...with Gerald McCoy and Melton, that's a pretty good interior defensive line, although Tampa had a good d-line anyway.
Amendola restructures contract. Good, like the guy.

Looks like Murray will be signing with the Eagles.
Original post by jammy4041
Jets don't need Mariota, they now need to focus on pass rush. They'd be sending him into the same fire that Geno Smith was sent into. It'll be horrible for Mariota. And the Jets most certainly have a run game. Hung 200 yards on the Patriots. They need running back depth, sure, but they have the tools to be a smash mouth. They've played like that for a while.

Geno Smith's also got talent. Towards the end of the season, he improved a lot. Vick's probably out of the building, and they have veteran presence to guide the young guns. Milliner will improve under Revis and Cromartie's tutelage.

Get Vic Beasley, and that defense would be Elite, with a capital E...that is, if the Redskins are dumb enough to pass on him. With Locker retired, Mariota is now in play for the Titans. It would be the wrong option, with Leonard Williams on the board, but I could see it happening. Add in an ILB, and well, that's a mean unit, for sure.

Fitzpatrick can get a team to the playoffs, leaning on a strong run game, and honestly, he's not bad. With their CB position looking quite deep now, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a run for Jay Ajayi in the second, to complement Ivory, now that Chris Johnson has left the building. O-line is a great run-blocking unit, but pass protection could improve.

Bills with Cassell is OK...they only need a Randy Orton level of play to succeed. They still have an elite Front seven, with more than the ghost of Fred Jackson now. The resigning of Jerry Hughes was huge.

I was thinking about this at work the last couple of hours and I strongly, strongly disagree with the bit about Mariota. First of all we must be talking about different jets teams if you think the situations are the sam. Nelson, Hill and Holmes are nothing like Marshall, Decker and Amaro; the line is better, and with Rex gone the media is as lowprofile as it will ever be in new York.

Secondly, you need to compare this season to next season in terms of opportunity to draft a franchise guy. Next year you will expect Revis and the players I mentioned to keep them out of the top 10, so they will be stuck with the Manziels, Weedens, Ponders and Bridgewaters of the first round (Rodgers if you live in a fantasy). Bridgewater is a game manager with upside but I don't like those odds and neither should you. If Mariota is there at 6 and they trade down or pass, they are gambling their careers on Geno developing into a high level starter. I am Geno's biggest fan and my job pays 20k but I am never taking that bet myself.

I think they get Mariota unless they get a blockbuster offer to move down. Then I think they flip Geno to a QB needy team to move up in the second, or get a 5th for him from a team that wants a backup with upside.

Is Vick not gone already? Lol.

Edit now that I'm not on my phone to add more massive differences between this year and the situation Geno was in

- Geno entered a QB controversy straight away, whereas Mariota will be considered the Franchise QB
- Sanchez undermined Geno by claiming he didn't legitimately win the job in camp, Fitz is unlikely to be that dumb/selfish
- I want to reiterate that Geno's receivers were TERRIBLE and Mariota's would be above average.
- Geno got a bottom of the barrel OC who went to a team with no job security, no established QB and a defensive HC because nobody else wanted him. Mariota will get an OC who has a good track record and was hand picked by a new HC.
- If you plan to wait until the media is out of NYC to draft a quarterback you may as well just move your franchise to Cleveland because you'll never be good.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest