Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tmahmud
Just got an offer from Imperial via track! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!! I told u lol, well done! :smile:

Did u get an email to say track has been updated or did u just happen to log into track and see u had an offer?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by caisaw
offer via track .interview on 4th.

Original post by tmahmud
Just got an offer from Imperial via track! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by kayy_ox
Offer via track! Is this a joKe?!

Edit: had my interview on the 4th

Original post by Michael_O1996
Just got an offer via track!
Had my interview on the 3rd of March

Original post by chakh
Just got an offer via track!, had my interview on the 4th.

Original post by notthatquiet
Congrats everyone! I got an offer too! :biggrin: Interview was on the 4th

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by PentaMedic
Just received an offer through track :O

Congrats to you all! Welcome to the family :smile:

Hope to see you all in October!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Master219
Congrats!!! I told u lol, well done! :smile:

Did u get an email to say track has been updated or did u just happen to log into track and see u had an offer?

Email
Original post by Disgusted Parent
I thought that it was about time to pen this seeing as the 8 week anniversary of my son’s interview at Imperial has just passed with not a word.

As an ex-IC person myself (as is my wife) I would like to express my dismay/disgust/disappointment in the way that the interview procedure has gone for us as a family.

My son was invited for an interview on the first day that the interviews were handed out. His BMAT was good but nothing special, though his PS in terms of experience in the NHS was exceptional (as stated by a 5th year and 2 1st year IC medics, the GP neighbour and interview panel people at Kings and UCL).

A date was set for 13th January. On the last day of term (18th Dec), however, he received a “decline” through UCAS. This has happened to at least 2 people on this thread, but he must have been one of the first. The admissions people didn’t know what was happening but, to give them their due, he was contacted by 4pm to tell him to ignore it so that he would not be on tenterhooks over Christmas. The UCAS, however, has stayed at “declined” since.

Anyway, the interview came and things seem to go pretty well, though the “ethics” question was about how he would reform the NHS (only three points needed!); a pity as he is very good at the ethics issues (we had lots of practices..). He was told that he would be informed the first week of February of the result which would be almost 4 weeks (he confirmed with the person after him that they, too, were given this date).

Due to people from that day getting offers/rejections and because of the UCAS situation, he contacted the admissions after 3 weeks and there was no feedback from his panel. The first week of February went and so he contacted them at the end of the following week (half term) and managed to get in contact with someone who was quite helpful. The message at that stage was 1) they still had not even gone through all of the applications and were still giving out interviews 2) they hadn’t had feedback for the vast majority of people and that those hearing after a week or two were the exception and not the rule and, in contrast to some of the mis-information here, 3) you CAN reapply even if you are rejected at interview.

He is in contact with someone who interviewed on the same day and is in the same position. Having called Imperial today he was told that it is not normal, but not unusual- no more info!. We just can’t understand how they can keep people hanging on for so long when I see a batch of people today who have acceptances when they interviewed only recently.

To have waited this long with a potential rejection at the end will be a kick in the teeth. I certainly had expected much better from a “world class” university.

My rant is now over. Good luck to you all.

Unfortunate but that's how it goes
Maybe he didn't impress as much as he thought he had or came across as arrogant
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Unfortunate but that's how it goes
Maybe he didn't impress as much as he thought he had or came across as arrogant

Nicely said. Hi5!
AAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Offer!!!! Sooo happy!! Had my interview on 3rd. Cant handle it!! For those still waiting, i didnt receive an email, just looked at UCAS Track randomly and it was there, no email notification or anything. Oh and 22:32 lol, not the usual 22:31 :wink:
Defo my firm choice!!
Hopefully ill see all in October! :smile: Gd luck to those still waiting! :smile:
Congrats! I got the offer yesterday, was such a relief. I did mine on the 3rd of march too, I think we spoke a lot on the tour. Can't wait to see you all in October!
Original post by Humding96
Congrats! I got the offer yesterday, was such a relief. I did mine on the 3rd of march too, I think we spoke a lot on the tour. Can't wait to see you all in October!

Thanks, u too! :smile:

From Singapore? or from Southend?
Thanks, u too! :smile:

From Singapore? or from Southend?

Southend :smile:
Original post by Humding96
Southend :smile:

Hopefully ill see u again in October!! :smile:
Had the last interview of the day on the 3rd March, got my rejection after seven days... Found that some of the interviewers were more interested in packing up and going home than listening to what I had to say. One spent the entire thing looking everywhere but me and slumpted in his chair except the few minutes when he asked a question and after which he slumped down again. Don't think it was a very good attitude for someone interviewing for one of the best medical schools, even if they had been interviewing for 3 hours. Also felt the 'ethics' question wasn't very ethical either... Wonder if it would have been any different if it had been at a different time
Reply 2051
AAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Offer!!!! Sooo happy!! Had my interview on 3rd. Cant handle it!! For those still waiting, i didnt receive an email, just looked at UCAS Track randomly and it was there, no email notification or anything. Oh and 22:32 lol, not the usual 22:31 :wink:
Defo my firm choice!!
Hopefully ill see all in October! :smile: Gd luck to those still waiting! :smile:

ahahhahaha you joined the club as i can see :tongue: it will be really interesting to mer you next year master ;p i've seen so much of you on this forum that i feel like i already know you partly.. CONGRATS!!!! :biggrin:
Congrats to all who received offers this week! Hope to see you all in Oct!
Original post by YvT1
ahahhahaha you joined the club as i can see :tongue: it will be really interesting to mer you next year master ;p i've seen so much of you on this forum that i feel like i already know you partly.. CONGRATS!!!! :biggrin:

Thanks, haha!! :smile:

lol, I hope thats a gd thing! :biggrin:
Defo my firm choice!!

Congrats!! See you soon :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Congrats!! See you soon :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Disgusted Parent
I'm afraid that arrogance is certainly not and never will be his strong point! Compared to how many people on here say their interview went I don't believe he could have done so badly (especially with the practices with the IC people and UCL person).

Neither is "that how is goes"; for a professional organisation you do things professionally. You either give dates and stick to them or you don't give any. You don't organise interviews and then send out rejections. Imperial's method of acceptance/rejection seems totally ad-hoc in the extreme. At least others eg, Kings/Newcastle-Durham say that everyone will be informed at the end of March.

Well, having had my rant, Imperial has just got back to him and made him an offer BUT FOR 2016- I assume that they think that he is a bit young as he will only just be 18 when the course starts. Surely, they could have got back sooner rather than having to hang on for 2 months.

They have said there is a hold list for some cases
Maybe he was borderline and they didn't want to reject him outright so waited, to then decide that a deferred offer would be better
Original post by kes1996
Had the last interview of the day on the 3rd March, got my rejection after seven days... Found that some of the interviewers were more interested in packing up and going home than listening to what I had to say. One spent the entire thing looking everywhere but me and slumpted in his chair except the few minutes when he asked a question and after which he slumped down again. Don't think it was a very good attitude for someone interviewing for one of the best medical schools, even if they had been interviewing for 3 hours. Also felt the 'ethics' question wasn't very ethical either... Wonder if it would have been any different if it had been at a different time

Thats a distraction technique for interviews
Cambridge do it all the time
Tests that you can remain focussed under pressure
Hey I have my interview coming up on Wednesday and I am fretting over all these offers handed out, I am worried that the interviewers won't take me seriously as they will have handed out their offers. Is this true or am I just worrying too much?
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Thats a distraction technique for interviews
Cambridge do it all the time
Tests that you can remain focussed under pressure

Oh fair enough then, just seemed a bit rude to me! I didn't think it distracted me too much just don't think it went to well overall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending