The Student Room Group

Southampton BM5 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Am I the only one with an offer who hasn't yet received an email from the uni?? For those who have gotten this email: how long after your offer did you received it?? Thanks :smile:
Original post by dana.low
Am I the only one with an offer who hasn't yet received an email from the uni?? For those who have gotten this email: how long after your offer did you received it?? Thanks :smile:

I haven't either. I think people said theirs came a day later
Are any grads firming yet?
Don't know which accommodation to go for!

Mine came a day or so after :smile:
Original post by Grad1202
I haven't either. I think people said theirs came a day later

Original post by unibanana
Mine came a day or so after :smile:

Thank you!!! That's reassuring! :smile:
Original post by Anon12345678
Don't know which accommodation to go for!

What are your priorities for accommodation and I can help :smile:
Thank you!!! That's reassuring! :smile:

I literally just got mine now so maybe check your inbox?
Original post by ceciafb
I literally just got mine now so maybe check your inbox?

I got mine too!! Did you get the 2nd email about the health screening or not yet?? I didn't get mine :smile:
Reply 669
The 2 proper Southampton offer emails came today, 2 days after the track updated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm thinking glen eyre :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've been researching today and I'm leaning to GE too. Are you an undergrad? :smile:
Original post by Neostigmine

My number one priority is an ensuite bathroom! And I'd also like somewhere where there will be other undergrad medics and definitely a good social environment. Any advice?
Reply 672
Year 13 undergrad..In general I'm warming to Glen Eyre, from someone who hasn't actually seen the accommodation (shame there's no post offer days).

Original post by Neostigmine

I'm wondering how flexible the catering is at halls. At two other unis I visited if you went self catered you could still buy single meals, and I think at one you could even book a fully 'catered' week.

Also is there any advantage to booking accommodation early?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by simranchhugani
Yeah I've been researching today and I'm leaning to GE too. Are you an undergrad? :smile:

Yeah I am, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I am, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup :biggrin: there's a Facebook group for BM5 offer holders. Search it up or I'll link it to you later :smile:
Yup :biggrin: there's a Facebook group for BM5 offer holders. Search it up or I'll link it to you later :smile:

Ahh fab, I've been looking for one! What's it called?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh fab, I've been looking for one! What's it called?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Southampton BM5 2015
Southampton BM5 2015

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My number one priority is an ensuite bathroom! And I'd also like somewhere where there will be other undergrad medics and definitely a good social environment. Any advice?

Medics are spread out everywhere. Glen is in a residential area so while it has a good social atmosphere on the site, it isn't as good for going out as Wessex/Archers. It's close to Highfield Campus and the hospital but if you're getting the bus then it will be full by the time it gets to Glen. The bus starts at Wessex (which is closest to the sports facilities) which has more people per "apartment".

Archer's and Glen are the same distance from the hospital if you're walking. Archer's is nice and close to town too.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

Original post by ja1
Year 13 undergrad..In general I'm warming to Glen Eyre, from someone who hasn't actually seen the accommodation (shame there's no post offer days).

I'm wondering how flexible the catering is at halls. At two other unis I visited if you went self catered you could still buy single meals, and I think at one you could even book a fully 'catered' week.

Also is there any advantage to booking accommodation early?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Accommodation isn't first come first served so no rush.

Yeah you can just go buy food from the cafeterias. I don't think there is a need to book them :nah:

Glen is nice. it's not the newest any more but it's in a lovely green area (but it is a very residential area). The accommodation is so standard there isn't much point looking to be honest! There are pictures/tours on the website.
yesss !!! got an offer :smile: sooo happy! Thanks for all ur advice Neostigmine !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending