The Student Room Group

Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants

Scroll to see replies

I just got an offer for fashion journalism at London college of fashion omg I am so so happy!! I can't believe it!! I'm taking a gap year so I'm deferring for a year but I still cannot wait ah!
Original post by JayneEmma
I just got an offer for fashion journalism at London college of fashion omg I am so so happy!! I can't believe it!! I'm taking a gap year so I'm deferring for a year but I still cannot wait ah!

Did you have an interview before the offer?
any ideas on whether the csm interview dates will still be the 30th/31st or if they will be pushed back too?
Original post by laurenwoodward
Did you have an interview before the offer?

Yes I had an interview on the 25th of Feb
Original post by kjasmine
any ideas on whether the csm interview dates will still be the 30th/31st or if they will be pushed back too?

No idea, I applied for fashion communication:fashion journalism at csm but haven't really heard back from them since sending my article in
Original post by JayneEmma
No idea, I applied for fashion communication:fashion journalism at csm but haven't really heard back from them since sending my article in

yeah thats the course a lot of us applied for! we discussed a few pages back our articles and stuff. i guess we will all find out soon enough!
Original post by kjasmine
yeah thats the course a lot of us applied for! we discussed a few pages back our articles and stuff. i guess we will all find out soon enough!

I hope so, all this waiting is killing me!
I got a rejection for LCF today but I knew I was rejected ages ago cos I didn't get offered an interview as any of you guys did..I panicked thinking it was CSM but thankfully it wasn't...London Metropolitan told me they are happy to offer me another place in another course..but waiting now to hear from CSM
Was your offer to study at Lime Grove in Shepherd's Bush or at CSM?
OMG it's 6 more days to go to hear from CSM! oh man!
Original post by fwilliams22
Was your offer to study at Lime Grove in Shepherd's Bush or at CSM?

Is this in reply to me? My offer was for LCF at Lime Grove in Shepherd's Bush - I haven't heard back from CSM yet :smile:
Original post by pinkylicious
OMG it's 6 more days to go to hear from CSM! oh man!

Absolutely petrified for Monday...
I know right hopefully we hear good news before the 16th
I have received an invite for interview from LCF!!! Does any one who has had an interview have any information on the process?
I have received an invite for interview from LCF!!! Does any one who has had an interview have any information on the process?

They basically lead you into a waiting room when you get there from which they take you to another waiting room where everyone is seperated by courses. Then they call your name and take you into a room where about six interviews are taking place. You sit down at a table opposite two of the course leaders and they ask you the same questions they asked everyone before you. They kind of play the role of good cop bad cop. Good luck!
Original post by blancadeorbaneja
They basically lead you into a waiting room when you get there from which they take you to another waiting room where everyone is seperated by courses. Then they call your name and take you into a room where about six interviews are taking place. You sit down at a table opposite two of the course leaders and they ask you the same questions they asked everyone before you. They kind of play the role of good cop bad cop. Good luck!

What sort of questions do they ask? Are they really tricky?

Also what portfolio did you take, the email States one written piece, so I am wondering if that is all they want or did you take any other creative work?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 396
Please can someone help me if they have any idea. I got rejected from lcf for fashion journalism slightly longer than a month ago now. But in the email it said ...

"However, the course team believe that your application is suitable for consideration by other courses.

If you wish to be considered for alternative courses, the University will consider your application using the selection criteria for the alternative course and will advise you of the outcome as soon as possible. As soon as we have made a decision on your application, you will be notified via UCAS Track.

If an alternative offer is made, it will show as a change of course offer on UCAS Track and you will receive an offer information pack including details of accommodation, fees, and other important information."

Is this something they sent to everyone rejected or do I still have more hope??

Reply 397
Original post by b7823
Please can someone help me if they have any idea. I got rejected from lcf for fashion journalism slightly longer than a month ago now. But in the email it said ...

"However, the course team believe that your application is suitable for consideration by other courses.

If you wish to be considered for alternative courses, the University will consider your application using the selection criteria for the alternative course and will advise you of the outcome as soon as possible. As soon as we have made a decision on your application, you will be notified via UCAS Track.

If an alternative offer is made, it will show as a change of course offer on UCAS Track and you will receive an offer information pack including details of accommodation, fees, and other important information."

Is this something they sent to everyone rejected or do I still have more hope??

They won't have sent that to everyone. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
What sort of questions do they ask? Are they really tricky?

Also what portfolio did you take, the email States one written piece, so I am wondering if that is all they want or did you take any other creative work?

They ask you predictable questions, I can't really remember specifics to be honest. You'll be fine. There's nothing to be afraid of!

Regarding the written piece, they only want to see one.

Good luck:wink:
got my rearranged lcf interview soon! but still holding out for csm, i know people who have applied for other pathways on the fashion communication course who got offers without interviews so who knows!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending