The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twioo5
Actually I don't know if that's you or not lol. I jut guessed. Anyway congrats on your offer!

I was there at 9.30 also! Ahhh I'm waiting patiently but I'm checking my emails like a mad woman haha. Good luck xx
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by fairplaytoyou
I think I messed up on one of my interviewers because of their demeanour, he didn't seem friendly like the others and just sat there watching me with a blank face (also they kept putting their pen in their ear?!) so hopefully that doesn't mean I'm completely ruled out of an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on which Branch you're doing, I think the adult nurses where quite friendly but someone from the mental health nurses I talked to said they didn't really say anything! Don't worry! If you mad it to MMI you're at the final step
Original post by Charliea18
Does anyone know how many places there are on adult nursing at kings?

I've heard it's 250, but I've sent a freedom of information request to them to find out how many people applied this year and how many places there are, so I'll update when I hear back!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zaddie Caso
It depends on which Branch you're doing, I think the adult nurses where quite friendly but someone from the mental health nurses I talked to said they didn't really say anything! Don't worry! If you mad it to MMI you're at the final step

Adult nursing :smile: all the other interviewers were so nice so it's really a shame that one wasn't. Thank you! Literally praying for an offer now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emferrer
hey everyone,

currently 7 weeks since my mmi and tests.. and i just got an 'update' on the kcl application portal saying 'thank you for your application however because you didn't attend your scheduled interview your application has been unsuccessful'

as you can imagine im panicking, i went to my interview.. definitley.. i definitley went hahaa

ringing them tomorrow morning hopefully a mistake.. it must be..

just thought id tell everyone :/

Oh bless you that's awful! I'm in a similar boat (as have not heard anything for 9 weeks) so think I will ring again today in case somethings gone amiss.

Let me know how it goes! Don't panic too much, it's their mistake not yours!
Original post by twioo5
Actually I don't know if that's you or not lol. I jut guessed. Anyway congrats on your offer!

Haha that wasn't me but thanks anyway!
Reply 306
Original post by kateli94
Haha that wasn't me but thanks anyway!

loooool awks
Reply 307
I think I messed up on one of my interviewers because of their demeanour, he didn't seem friendly like the others and just sat there watching me with a blank face (also they kept putting their pen in their ear?!) so hopefully that doesn't mean I'm completely ruled out of an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah its casj. one of them asked me a q i sat there for a good couple of secs tryna figure the answer out lol. anyway, if u do get an offer from kings would that be ur first choice?
Original post by twioo5
nah its casj. one of them asked me a q i sat there for a good couple of secs tryna figure the answer out lol. anyway, if u do get an offer from kings would that be ur first choice?

Yeah it would be :smile: how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have my MMI and tests on the 1st of april for adult nursing.You guys got any advice for me?
Original post by sophielouise131
I have my MMI and tests on the 1st of april for adult nursing.You guys got any advice for me?

Haha this is asked so much so scroll up and you'll get so much info! But to summarise (from my experience):

Tests - for Maths revise GCSE work, practise writing fast for English

MMI- keep calm and practice interview questions and make sure you practice timing yourself talking for a set period of time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 311
Yeah it would be :smile: how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm more into city uni :smile: but the kings interview was a great experience!
Reply 312
Haha this is asked so much so scroll up and you'll get so much info! But to summarise (from my experience):

Tests - for Maths revise GCSE work, practise writing fast for English

MMI- keep calm and practice interview questions and make sure you practice timing yourself talking for a set period of time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah relax! The interviewer was like to me. I shouldn't be nervous. I chose nursing and I'm here to show why. Something like that.
1 of the interviewers you can't prepare for. It's so unexpected.lol. buts it's casj cuz there is no right or wrong answer
Original post by twioo5
Yeah relax! The interviewer was like to me. I shouldn't be nervous. I chose nursing and I'm here to show why. Something like that.
1 of the interviewers you can't prepare for. It's so unexpected.lol. buts it's casj cuz there is no right or wrong answer

Thanks!! What shall I revise for the tests?
Original post by sophielouise131
Thanks!! What shall I revise for the tests?

It's not possible to say the topics that I come up (I don't think) because we signed a non disclosure agreement - but it's basic-ish stuff and it incorporates a lot of areas of maths that you'll probably be familiar with anyway, especially if you do a maths based subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer!!! Literally cannot believe it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer!!! Literally cannot believe it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! :smile:
Original post by hananna
Congrats!! :smile:

Thank you! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,
I just had my MMI yesterday and it was actually really enjoyable. Now it's just waiting to hear back from them! Hearing that some people have had replies really quickly and others have been waiting for a while has made me a bit nervous. I hope it won't take too long! Well done to everyone with offers!
I had my MMI yesterday and I've just received a conditional offer...so shocked!

Quick Reply

Latest