The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ammaarah01
Where have you applied?

York, Durham, manchester, Lancaster and leeds :smile: a nice array of entry requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hayley Williams
York, Durham, manchester, Lancaster and leeds :smile: a nice array of entry requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooooo I applied to three of them... have you got any offers... where do you want to go?!
Original post by chem@uni
Have you got offers from them all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yah but I withdrew from leeds :wink: I didn't want to travel for the interview as I knew I wasn't going to firm it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooooo I applied to three of them... have you got any offers... where do you want to go?!

Yah got offers! Which did you apply for?! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yah but I withdrew from leeds :wink: I didn't want to travel for the interview as I knew I wasn't going to firm it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought I was the only one who withdrew from leeds.. and for the same reason too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchemgirl
Posted from TSR Mobile

Has everyone who has applied for Chemistry @ UCL had an interview? I haven't heard anything since I applied in November :confused:

I got an offer last week without doing an interview...but I do live in Ireland so that might have been a factor.
Just wondering is there any way to change choices well swap around firm and insurance after you've made a decision and if you meet the requirements for both on results day do you have to stick to your firm choices

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering is there any way to change choices well swap around firm and insurance after you've made a decision and if you meet the requirements for both on results day do you have to stick to your firm choices

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you meet the requirement for your firm choice, you have to go there or withdraw from both and reapply next year. In reference to swapping the choices around, I think you'll have to contact UCAS directly.
Original post by elizamay
If you meet the requirement for your firm choice, you have to go there or withdraw from both and reapply next year. In reference to swapping the choices around, I think you'll have to contact UCAS directly.

Thanks I'll contact ucas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elizamay

It is possible to call insurance and ask them to accept you, then try withdraw from firm. And then go to insurance

A tad risky however
Hi guys. I have some chemistry homework here that I need some help with.

"The following 6 reagents are given to you. You must identify them using only one another, once, more than once or not at all. Note the expected observations. The 6 reagents are as follows.
i)Sodium carbonate
ii)Lead nitrate
iii)Potassium iodide
iv)Magnesium sulfate
v)Zinc nitrate
vi)Barium nitrate "

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It is possible to call insurance and ask them to accept you, then try withdraw from firm. And then go to insurance

A tad risky however

As you said, a tad risky. I am aware of situations where UCAS are able to support you with your application in this respect, hence my response.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It clearly says when you pick you can't switch. You could ring up the insurance on results day to see if they have any places in clearing. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2493
Hey guys i have an interview with birmingham on the 25th any adivce or examples of questions they would ask..... Any sort of help would be great thankss :smile:)
It clearly says when you pick you can't switch. You could ring up the insurance on results day to see if they have any places in clearing. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I contacted Lancaster and they said that I'd have to ring Manchester on results day amd ask them to withdraw my application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish

A tad risky however

This was exactly what Lancaster said to me... Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I contacted Lancaster and they said that I'd have to ring Manchester on results day amd ask them to withdraw my application

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well.. Why not Manchester ? It's way better than Lancaster
Original post by hariars
Well.. Why not Manchester ? It's way better than Lancaster

I did wanna go Manchester but I didn't want to so pure chem amd Lancaster does natural science where you can choose up to three science based subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chem@uni
Where are people firming

Oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile

Risky business to be honest, lancaster don't have to give you a place. Is that were you want to go? I have firmed it for chemistry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending