The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Might possibly change my subjects. Economics to PTE
Original post by Braidednightmare
What do you mean offer? I just need to get 6BS and As in my subjects that I want to study. Doesn't everyone have the same offer?

Yeah, it seems to be everyone got the same offer
Original post by Foodatastic
Yeah, it seems to be everyone got the same offer

What r your subjects again?
What r your subjects again?

Economics, Mathematics, Further, and Physics.
Economics, Mathematics, Further, and Physics.

Quite similar to my friend. She wants to take Physics, Maths, Further, Geography.

I don't know anyone that's not taking Maths.
Quite similar to my friend. She wants to take Physics, Maths, Further, Geography.

I don't know anyone that's not taking Maths.

lol, i remember in the Entrance Exam, the teacher asked how many students chose maths. Everyone but one person put their hand up. That was embarrassing.
lol, i remember in the Entrance Exam, the teacher asked how many students chose maths. Everyone but one person put their hand up. That was embarrassing.

Lol.

In my current school, the majority aren't studying maths.
Lol.

In my current school, the majority aren't studying maths.

Oh, are you studying it?

wow, I for one didn't pick maths, although, if politics fails to fill my cup I may consider changing. I'm a strong A/weak A* student at maths, don't know how I'd do on the A-level course, as for further maths, that isn't for me. :afraid:
I still havnt got a letter, hope it comes soon
Guys, I know that HWSF is rather academic in terms of it's academic approach at learning. However, does anyone know how it wil be in terms of residential trips and such?

Thank you and good luck in receiving your letters!
hi I have got in! I cant believe it because I come from a very privileged background - attend a grammar school, wealthy background and mum university educated and in top job in teaching profession. I really did not think I would fit the criteria. so for anyone who might not think its worth applying because you don't fit the main criteria give it a go. if you have had a grammar school education you will find the test easy. give it go!!
Reply 452
does anyone know what sort of results the students are currently getting (I know that they haven't taken public exams) but even just an indication from mocks etc?? my parents will only let me go if they have good results because I already go to a grammar school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the letter that is given to prospective students with offers, it states that they will take 250 students and gave out 300 offers. Does that mean the top 250 students will be taken or will they make adjustments? (I'm talking hypothetically if more than 250 students put HWSF as their first choice and met the offer).
Reply 454
On the letter that is given to prospective students with offers, it states that they will take 250 students and gave out 300 offers. Does that mean the top 250 students will be taken or will they make adjustments? (I'm talking hypothetically if more than 250 students put HWSF as their first choice and met the offer).

I don't think that they will take the top 250 students because it is very likely that not all 300 students that received the offer will enrol at Harris Westminster in September
Original post by ewin30
I don't think that they will take the top 250 students because it is very likely that not all 300 students that received the offer will enrol at Harris Westminster in September

I guess that's the case. I'm just a bit skeptical...
Reply 456
I guess that's the case. I'm just a bit skeptical...

If you don't mind me asking but, is Harris Westminster your first choice college?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ewin30
If you don't mind me asking but, is Harris Westminster your first choice college?

No, its my second choice, but my first choice is practically impossible for me to get into.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ewin30

I found out from a current student that if you meet the offer, you have a guaranteed place; they do adjustments for the extra students. That's what they did last year.
Original post by yasi98
does anyone know what sort of results the students are currently getting (I know that they haven't taken public exams) but even just an indication from mocks etc?? my parents will only let me go if they have good results because I already go to a grammar school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

HWSF is partially Westminster school, and over there they send 50% of their students to Oxford and Camebridge. Shouldn't expect much less at HWSF.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending