The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:rofl: at that cartoon drawing.
That's brilliant hahaha
[QUOTE="jam277;54226035"]
I think that Real are missing James Rodriguez as well as Modric, who was great in the first half of the season. Personally just think that their woes are down to the injuries to key players. Sergio Ramos obviously is a big miss. I don't think Varane has been doing well this season either. Almost every game I watch him his ball distribution is looking out of sorts, the only good things I really see from him is his recovery pace and his aerial threat.

I agree, James is a big loss and a good option. He and Isco can compete and push each other for a starting place, Isco has looked a bit off the past few games.

We will see in time, when they have their players back. But it is strange that a team of Real's size can cope with injirues, they have a huge squad and probably one of the best, if not the best in the world

Yes that is true, although I think he's not acting on instinct. Bale has been quite selfless in fact, has been looking more for a through ball, when his game is based on his directness towards goal, he tended to go full pelt, cuts in and once in a good position takes a shot, or if he sees a clear cut opportunity for another player he'll pass it.

Bale is just not acting on instinct. Which will correct itself with a few goals.

Bale relies on space to use his pace, when things get tight he struggles a bit. I think Levante at home will provide him with some chances.

He does work hard and link up play well but the guy is hot and cold whenever I watch him he's either on fire or completely anonymous no middle ground. Despite his goal the whole front three were terrible too.

He's working with Modric, Kroos, Bale, Di Maria, Ronaldo, Ozil etc any striker worth his salt will be getting 20+ a season when your team regularly gets into the CL semi finals and the latter stages of the cup competitions especially when you've been first choice striker the past couple of seasons. Torres got 23 goals in 12/13, does that mean he performed as well as Benzema then too?

Benzema's assist tally for a striker is very good though.

If you take Ronaldo's penalties from last season and added them to Benzema's tally, they have the same number of goals..... :eek:

Torres only has 3 seasons in England, even in his pomp at Liverpool when he got 20+ goals and none of them consecutive. Like I said I can't think of any other striker with that record.
Original post by Icecream1
I agree, James is a big loss and a good option. He and Isco can compete and push each other for a starting place, Isco has looked a bit off the past few games.

We will see in time, when they have their players back. But it is strange that a team of Real's size can cope with injirues, they have a huge squad and probably one of the best, if not the best in the world

Bale relies on space to use his pace, when things get tight he struggles a bit. I think Levante at home will provide him with some chances.

If you take Ronaldo's penalties from last season and added them to Benzema's tally, they have the same number of goals..... :eek:

Torres only has 3 seasons in England, even in his pomp at Liverpool when he got 20+ goals and none of them consecutive. Like I said I can't think of any other striker with that record.

David Villa hit 20+ goals ten years running. :sexface:
Original post by CB91
David Villa hit 20+ goals ten years running. :sexface:

Great player, good shout and he did it at "smaller" clubs Gijon and Zaragoza, without top creative players making chances for him.

He could have kept it up if didn't have that nasty leg break.:frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Villareal v Sevilla is a great game. Vietto getting another goal to add to his tally in this great season and Gameiro scores from kick-off. 3-1 to Sevilla, who have the away goals.
FT 3-1 to Sevilla, they take 3 away goals with them and should see them through to the next round.

20 goals for the season for Vietto, he's having a great season and looks like he get poached in the summer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Vietto has been a boss on Football Manager for the past couple years now.
He's a beast in real life! First season in Europe and he tearing it up.
10m euro release clause

Madrid, Liverpool and Dortmund rumoured. Feeling confident Madrid won't bother and we'd be a better draw than Dortmund sans da CL, and who in any case already have three strikers.
I love Spanish football! El Classico on the 22nd! Can't wait
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Vietto has been a boss on Football Manager for the past couple years now.

Guy scored a screamer from 30 yards against me ffs that's how I found out about him.

Worst players to face on that game are Wayne Rooney and Luis Suarez they just go in dry at every opportunity.
Original post by jam277
Guy scored a screamer from 30 yards against me ffs that's how I found out about him.

Worst players to face on that game are Wayne Rooney and Luis Suarez they just go in dry at every opportunity.

Only really played against Suarez once in the game when he scored in both legs of the Champions League 2nd knockout Round against me.

Man United never seem to play Rooney in my game? I'd love to bring him back to Everton but his wages would be crazy.

The player that always scores against me is Balotelli. He finished top goal scorer in the league twice in a row :s-smilie:

Giovinco also has the annoying habit of scoring against me after I sold him for £20m to Man City. Probably the right decision though. Sell 28 year old Giovinco and then buy 21 year old Angel Correa for £5m to replace him.
Reply 7314
Original post by jam277

Balotelli is by far the worst for me. Absolutely clinical :s-smilie:

Original post by The_Mighty_Bush

Man United never seem to play Rooney in my game? I'd love to bring him back to Everton but his wages would be crazy.

First thing I always did in my games as man utd was sell Rooney. Can't stand him. Then my friend was utd in a multiplayer and he scored 30 in 20 or something for him :| (after scoring 2 in 20 for me)
Lol funny thing is I signed Lewandowski for Arsenal, guy had a **** half season (3 goals in the league, 4 in all comps) and I sold him that January to City (offered me too much so couldn't refuse), still ended up as leagues top scorer with 26 goals (had a mad record of 23 goals at a goal a game or something)
1-0 @ Half-time with a Messi penalty. Not much chances for Barca - one of those scrappy wins is their aim for this game.
Original post by jit987
1-0 @ Half-time with a Messi penalty. Not much chances for Barca - one of those scrappy wins is their aim for this game.

That Messi run though. :coma:

Anyone hear Ray Hudson getting mad at the armband? Was pretty funny.

2-0 now aswell, Messi header.
Messi the complete player.

Just need a right footed goal to finish off the hatrick
Original post by CB91
That Messi run though. :coma:

Anyone hear Ray Hudson getting mad at the armband? Was pretty funny.

2-0 now aswell, Messi header.

Ray Hudson?

Good win, no injuries, players rested and Messi with a brace.
Bring on City & Madrid :biggrin:

Atletico Madrid with 0-0 - out of the title race if they weren't already!

Latest