The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by All Day
wayyyyy aayyy uuppp I feel blessed

Play some wiz khalifa. Put Kush and OJ on.

In fact drink some orange juice mane.
Original post by jam277
Play some wiz khalifa. Put Kush and OJ on.

In fact drink some orange juice mane.

yeah boi wiz is what I'm feelin
Original post by All Day
yeah boi wiz is what I'm feelin

Pol
Oh man, the internet has actually peaked right here with this video.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Oh man, the internet has actually peaked right here with this video.

Up there with this.
[video="youtube;Ryog-cgp9_I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryog-cgp9_I&spfreload=10[/video]
Got a guaranteed interview at a call centre with EE, after a training course for call centre jobs next month. Could be a good bit of experience and a way to network for further opportunities. They have people with masters and PhDs in there so I do not think myself above such a job. Have to go out there and hustle.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Got a guaranteed interview at a call centre with EE, after a training course for call centre jobs next month. Could be a good bit of experience and a way to network for further opportunities. They have people with masters and PhDs in there so I do not think myself above such a job. Have to go out there and hustle.

That's good man.

I got an assessment day for an IT consultant role. Gonna have to do unpaid training for 3 months but the salary after is 21k a year. Will be good if I got it. Chances to go to New York/Zurich etc.
Original post by jam277
That's good man.

I got an assessment day for an IT consultant role. Gonna have to do unpaid training for 3 months but the salary after is 21k a year. Will be good if I got it. Chances to go to New York/Zurich etc.

FDM? If it is, I considered that but I don't have the money at the moment to work for train unpaid for 3 months in another city. It's a difficult and frustrating job for 2 years once you get on (according to reviews) but you have to hope that you get placed into a good company. Effectively they make you sign a contract which means you will be liable for training expenses if you leave. However, if all goes well at the end of the two years, you will have a lot of good experiences and networks, future opps will be good. Prepare for the worst for 2 years though, they do not sound like the nicest company to work for at all.

There are people that get great jobs after the 2 years in banks etc.
Reply 1388
Original post by jam277
That's good man.

You're an IT whizz?
FDM? If it is, I considered that but I don't have the money at the moment to work for train unpaid for 3 months in another city. It's a difficult and frustrating job for 2 years once you get on (according to reviews) but you have to hope that you get placed into a good company. Effectively they make you sign a contract which means you will be liable for training expenses if you leave. However, if all goes well at the end of the two years, you will have a lot of good experiences and networks, future opps will be good. Prepare for the worst for 2 years though, they do not sound like the nicest company to work for at all.

Yeah FDM. I don't have the money either but they said that the training is in london so I can live at home. I'll get a salary on the placement so if I have to move to e.g. Manchester I'll get £500 on the first placement. It's probably worth doing if you already have a part time job in london.

There are people that get great jobs after the 2 years in banks etc.

Yeah I hear.

Wouldn't mind at all if I got that. They said you get to move internationally as well and I can also go into a sales role(hence get commission based role), my bro works as an account manager and he's balling, gets me tickets to Arsenal games.
Original post by samba
You're an IT whizz?

I wish haha. Getting training on the job, they said all you need is a bachelors degree to get onto the program.
Reply 1391
Original post by jam277
I wish haha. Getting training on the job, they said all you need is a bachelors degree to get onto the program.

Ah shame man. Gonna be hiring 2 in the next few months.

Ah well, if customer service, building inspection, or receptionist interests you.... :biggrin:
Yeah, I got offered a place at an FDM assessment day as well. Read into them a bit and decided it wasn't for me so I didn't go in the end. Plus I had a lot of uni stuff to do so.
Original post by samba
Ah shame man. Gonna be hiring 2 in the next few months.

Ah well, if customer service, building inspection, or receptionist interests you.... :biggrin:

Haha maybe in the future if I become a proper IT consultant.

Tbh I don't want to move out of london just yet for a full time job. I don't mind going from a few places on placement though.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Yeah, I got offered a place at an FDM assessment day as well. Read into them a bit and decided it wasn't for me so I didn't go in the end. Plus I had a lot of uni stuff to do so.

Where did you go for uni? It works for a person with savings but trying to get up the ladder or if they're living with parents.
Original post by jam277
Yeah FDM. I don't have the money either but they said that the training is in london so I can live at home. I'll get a salary on the placement so if I have to move to e.g. Manchester I'll get £500 on the first placement. It's probably worth doing if you already have a part time job in london.

Yeah I hear.

Wouldn't mind at all if I got that. They said you get to move internationally as well and I can also go into a sales role(hence get commission based role), my bro works as an account manager and he's balling, gets me tickets to Arsenal games.

Good luck, closest FDM offices to me were in Leeds so I would have needed to rent a place and I don't have money to pay deposit etc at the moment. I would re-consider the two years at FDM though once I find the money to move away to Leeds or London. I applied for the "Business Graduate Scheme" but withdrew my app.
Reply 1395
Original post by jam277

Tbh I don't want to move out of london just yet for a full time job. I don't mind going from a few places on placement though.

Scrounging off the parental units eh!!! Got so much ****ing work to do, literally. Everything is pretty much getting on top of me atm with this and I'm getting depressed. Lost my incoming general manager too because he managed to scam an area manager job out of lidl in portugal so pretty much doing everything atm :|
Reply 1396
Good luck, closest FDM offices to me were in Leeds so I would have needed to rent a place and I don't have money to pay deposit etc at the moment. I would re-consider the two years at FDM though once I find the money to move away to Leeds or London. I applied for the "Business Graduate Scheme" but withdrew my app.

Are you sure there's no relocation bonus? Sis's bf got 8k from Google (then went ape as they refused to pay to move his piano lol)
Original post by jam277

Where did you go for uni? It works for a person with savings but trying to get up the ladder or if they're living with parents.

Glasgow. I could have trained in Glasgow so I could have actually done the training by either staying in Glasgow and using some savings that I could get from working full-time in the summer at my job that I have now or I could have commuted from Edinburgh where my parents stay.

It was more that I felt the contract was a bit restrictive since I'm looking into emigrating. Also something like 80% of the work placements are in London and I don't really want to work in London, especially on a salary that is 19-25k. Might be better for you if you can stay at home for a while and therefore have less expenditure.
Original post by samba
Scrounging off the parental units eh!!! Got so much ****ing work to do, literally. Everything is pretty much getting on top of me atm with this and I'm getting depressed. Lost my incoming general manager too because he managed to scam an area manager job out of lidl in portugal so pretty much doing everything atm :|

**** that's rough. Keep it up man sick how you've done a start up with not much help. How exactly are you advertising roles for the company? You could use a recruitment agency like Reed if you have the money for that and it's getting on top of you?

Original post by samba
Are you sure there's no relocation bonus? Sis's bf got 8k from Google (then went ape as they refused to pay to move his piano lol)

Na, the relocation bonus only happens after the first placement, which is £500 which is decent to keep you afloat since you'll be getting a salary straight afterwards.

I think salaries on business programme and the technical programme are the same, just that business programme will probably rise higher afterwards in a quicker amount of time.
Original post by samba

Nope. It's not like having a job at Google.

I wouldn't say it was a great job but it does open a lot of doors and is good for people who otherwise wouldn't be able to get into IT consultancy to get in.

Latest