The Student Room Group

PH6 Physics Practical Exam

I have my PH6 physics practical exam coming up next week and feel slightly unprepared even after reading the revision book for it. I always get confused over the uncertainties bit when it comes to calculating them and adding them up etc. I think I am okay on drawing graphs with the error boxes etc but I rly need to do well in this exam for my overall A2 grade :frown: could someone people go over uncertainties with me, and calculating the 'absolute uncertainty' Thanks
Original post by underlyinggirl
I have my PH6 physics practical exam coming up next week and feel slightly unprepared even after reading the revision book for it. I always get confused over the uncertainties bit when it comes to calculating them and adding them up etc. I think I am okay on drawing graphs with the error boxes etc but I rly need to do well in this exam for my overall A2 grade :frown: could someone people go over uncertainties with me, and calculating the 'absolute uncertainty' Thanks

Judging by the title of the thread I assume the exam board you're doing is WJEC? I'm currently doing AS Physics WJEC and I've found a document that seems pretty useful in calculating errors and what not. I'm not sure if you've been introduced to it already but if you have then I guess it's best to try and fully absorb the information on it.
Here is the pdf file:
Uncertainties and Significant figures.pdf

Also what I find helpful is looking through the past practical papers - make sure you can find the mark schemes too. You kind of get the gist of how the exam will be presented to you that way. I hope this helps some how and best of luck on the practical ^___^
(edited 10 years ago)
Thank you, I will definitely look at that! Yeah I'm doing WJEC :smile: I have done all the past papers for it but I'm still worried for it haha, I didn't do well in my PH3 exam last year so have to resit that in May. Good luck to you too!
Reply 3
How did you find the exam? I've just sat mine. It went ok but I know I did a few things wrong.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ocean3
How did you find the exam? I've just sat mine. It went ok but I know I did a few things wrong.

This thread is from last year. It's now closed.

Latest