The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Jemy
Is anyone else still waiting for an offer or refusal, because I have submitted my application two days before deadline and gotten an offer from each of the other 4 unis, but Edinburgh has not gotten back to me till now?! Does anybody have an idea wether this a good or bad sign?

I'm still waiting, and I'm worried like you.... I don't know if is good or bad, since I'm not familiar with English university system :s-smilie: anyway, don't feel lonely xD
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Yes I got an unconditional offer last month, but don't worry if you haven't heard back yet! Two of my friends who have similar/better grades still haven't heard anything and also I think Edinburgh Uni is known for taking its time replying :biggrin: Good Luck
Also.. does anyone know when you can apply for accommodation? I know there's ages to do that but just wondering
Original post by l.moreno
Also.. does anyone know when you can apply for accommodation? I know there's ages to do that but just wondering

I had a look earlier, and it said 2015/2016 accomadations applications open late March, I think they're waiting to give out most offers first, not sure
I attended an Edinburgh offer holders event and was told that it's completely normal if you haven't got an offer yet because they're one of the slowest unis to get back to you! Don't lose hope :smile:
Does anyone know if offers/rejections go out on weekdays alone? Or are weekends still viable? :smile:
Just got an offer for economics!!! So excited
Original post by esrioasaoirse
Does anyone know if offers/rejections go out on weekdays alone? Or are weekends still viable? :smile:

Weekdays only I am afraid... good luck!
Original post by cora06140
Weekdays only I am afraid... good luck!

Gah! I'm going to be so anxious over the weekend in that case! Thank you :smile: You too if you haven't an offer already
Original post by esrioasaoirse
Gah! I'm going to be so anxious over the weekend in that case! Thank you :smile: You too if you haven't an offer already

Thankfully daughter finally got her 5 offers, so now it's choice time. Different kind of problem!...
Original post by cora06140
Thankfully daughter finally got her 5 offers, so now it's choice time. Different kind of problem!...

Congratulations, best of luck to her I hope she loves what she chooses :smile:
Hey everyone,

I'm holding an unconditional for Chemical Engineering. I'm a student from Sweden, and Edinburgh is way better than any school I can go to here. Any other Engineering students here? Chemical Engineering seems like it has some pretty solid satisfaction rates among students (somewhere around 85+% if I recall correctly).

Sidenote: Is it weird that I don't feel all that great for getting in? I've heard that it's nearly impossible for international students to get accepted to Edinburgh (<10% chances), but I don't feel like I've accomplished all that much? Does anyone else feel this way or am I just a douche.
Finally got my (conditional, A at a Scottish higher) offer last week! Applied for English literature with German if anyone is interested :smile:
Reply 353
Original post by differential96
Hey everyone,

I'm holding an unconditional for Chemical Engineering. I'm a student from Sweden, and Edinburgh is way better than any school I can go to here. Any other Engineering students here? Chemical Engineering seems like it has some pretty solid satisfaction rates among students (somewhere around 85+% if I recall correctly).

Sidenote: Is it weird that I don't feel all that great for getting in? I've heard that it's nearly impossible for international students to get accepted to Edinburgh (<10% chances), but I don't feel like I've accomplished all that much? Does anyone else feel this way or am I just a douche.

I'm also from Sweden! Not chemical engineering though.

The acceptance rate actually varies a bit. I applied for landscape architecture and also have an unconditional. If you look at this http://www.ed.ac.uk/polopoly_fs/1.135305!/fileManager/Final%202013%20for%20web.pdf you can see that about 100 people applied for LA last year, and 66% got offers. However those numbers only consider applicants eligible for the home fees.

After I looked at that list I felt the same way as you felt, that perhaps its not really a big deal. But I have been researching lots and the more I look into the University and the city itself the more excited I am to study there! And not Lunds and not Uppsala stand anywhere close to Edinburgh. I think you should be very proud that you came in... I mean, here in Sweden they only look at grades and nothing else. In the UK we've needed a personal statement and a reference!
Reply 354
Original post by kumbatia
Hey congrats! I applied for english lit too, just wondering when you submitted your UCAS? I did mine right on the deadline and still haven't heard back. Did you just receive your offer?

Hey, sorry this reply is so late! It was submitted on the 15th of December. Yeah, I had just received my offer. Thanks, and good luck!
Reply 355
Original post by Bryony.Mole6
I have applied for English Literature and History however have not received an offer yet. What grades did you get last year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got ABB at higher (due to health reasons I was unable to complete anymore and one higher was completed whilst I was still in and out of hospital, so I think they took this into consideration) I'm unsure if they focused on my predicted grades, though. I'm predicted A at Advanced higher English and AB at my other highers. I'm sure they'll get back to you quickly!
Original post by Xhocka
any history of art kids out there?

I applied for History of Art, but I'm really worried because my friend got an unconditional for the course recently but I still haven't heard back. I also applied to do Fashion at the college of art and haven't heard from them either. Have you still to hear back or have you received an offer?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by oliwialidia
Yay! What was your offer? I'd be great to know someone else on the course! ������

AAB how about you? I was so shocked thought it would be AAA
Reply 358
Has anyone who's applied for psychology heard anything back yet? I applied in like November last year and not heard anything back yet :frown:
I received an offer for Architecture last week. Anyone else here going for the same?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending