The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester University Nursing applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by ceblanc
Ah okay:smile: yes I will be, how about you? And you too!

Yeah I will be too :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I had my interview today and I feel so disheartened, especially because Manchester's my first choice. There was a girl in my group who just had to answer first to every question with a long list of answers and then the interviewers asked the person at the other side of the semi-circle to answer next and then went along the line back to the person who answered first, and because I was sat next to that person I ended up answering last to every question and I felt like I had nothing to contribute. I just felt like it was such an unfair way of doing things, especially because there were people who were clearly dominating the whole interview and I will be very surprised if I receive an offer :frown:
Original post by anon756
I had my interview today and I feel so disheartened, especially because Manchester's my first choice. There was a girl in my group who just had to answer first to every question with a long list of answers and then the interviewers asked the person at the other side of the semi-circle to answer next and then went along the line back to the person who answered first, and because I was sat next to that person I ended up answering last to every question and I felt like I had nothing to contribute. I just felt like it was such an unfair way of doing things, especially because there were people who were clearly dominating the whole interview and I will be very surprised if I receive an offer :frown:

Honestly don't stress about it, I had an interview in Northumbria for nursing and it was basically just 3 girls dominating and me and the other two girls had to jump in whilst they were catching for breath!! Everything I said was all shakey and I stuttered loads cause I was so stressed out that I wasn't going to get to say anything!! But I got an offer in the end so was made up, I'm pretty sure they don't really like people who are overpowering, I think as long as you said something you'll be fine!!xxx
Reply 103
Original post by anon756

Don't worry I am sure you will be fine :smile: what sort of questions did they ask you? Xx
Original post by zchadder
Honestly don't stress about it, I had an interview in Northumbria for nursing and it was basically just 3 girls dominating and me and the other two girls had to jump in whilst they were catching for breath!! Everything I said was all shakey and I stuttered loads cause I was so stressed out that I wasn't going to get to say anything!! But I got an offer in the end so was made up, I'm pretty sure they don't really like people who are overpowering, I think as long as you said something you'll be fine!!xxx

Thank you so so much for the reassurance! I really hope you're right because their course sounds so good and I have my heart firmly set on Manchester :frown: xxx
Original post by Caz701
Don't worry about it I'm sure you will be fine :smile: thank you so much, mines next week and it's been stressing me out haha xx

Good luck, you'll be totally fine!!! :smile: xx
How did everyone find the interview process at Manchester Uni?? I had my interview on Tuesday (11th March) and I hated the interview process compared to all the other universities I have had interviews at. I wasn’t hopeful about getting a place but surprisingly I got an offer yesterday which was 24 hours after my interview!
Original post by anon756

Was your interview on tuesday (11th march)? I felt exactly the same about my interview thought it was an awful way of doing it but i got an offer from UoM last night which i wasnt excpeting at all.
Original post by lejacko7
Was your interview on tuesday (11th march)? I felt exactly the same about my interview thought it was an awful way of doing it but i got an offer from UoM last night which i wasnt excpeting at all.

No it was on Wednesday but I got an offer last night too, I wasn't expecting it either. Congratulations!!!
Reply 109
Does anyone know when they send snap password please? :smile: x
Original post by Caz701

I got mine the Friday before the interview but if you don't get one (you should but someone I know didn't) they will give you a paper version of the test :smile: x
Original post by Caz701

You should get an email the Friday before your interview but I didn’t receive this email so contacted the University directly and they sent me the login details.
Original post by anon756
No it was on Wednesday but I got an offer last night too, I wasn't expecting it either. Congratulations!!!

Congratulation :smile: Is University of Manchester your first choice??
Original post by lejacko7
Congratulation :smile: Is University of Manchester your first choice??

I don't know, I have an interview at Nottingham in April and I'm waiting to see what that university is like before I make any decisions. Is UoM your first choice?
I can't decide, I live in Manchester and Want to stay local but I have had an offer from Manchester metropolitan as well so it's between those two
Reply 115
Original post by ceblanc
Hello:smile:
Well done to everyone getting offers and interviews. I have got an interview coming up on the 18th March.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of questions they ask in the group interview, as I'm quite worried about it.
Thank you in advance :smile:

Have you received your snap password yet? Xx
Original post by anon756

Omg don't worry... I feel like you were in the same position as me. I answered every question last and I don't think I said much either
Original post by shanny786
Hey could you tell me what type of questions they asked please? Mines next week and im so scared ;( been rejected from everywhere else but UoM was always my first choice x

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not allowed to ask for specific interview questions - any answers would give you an unfair advantage over the other applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey, whats the snap test like anyone?
Reply 119
hello everybody, I have a interview on wednesday 1st. just booked my hotel and train as I'm coming from Hull. I was wondering if anybody had any advice for the english test, Im not as worried for the maths as there is lots i can practice on such as snap, but there isn't anything for the english one.

would be very appreciated xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending