The Student Room Group

Article: THE World Reputation university rankings 2015

THE released its world reputation rankings.

You can read our article and the details here.

Another strong year for the UK - Cambridge and Oxford have moved back up to second and third place, behind Harvard. :smile:

Warwick and Durham have also entered the top 100 :woo:

Do you care about the rankings?

Where is your university placed? :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

tbh if you dont get into a top 10 uni worldwide its not worth going because student debt
Reputation as per whom? Reputation need not be an objective term. I think universities should be rather ranked as per research output, students satisfaction, academic spend etc,.
Reply 3
Original post by hummingthrough
Reputation as per whom? Reputation need not be an objective term. I think universities should be rather ranked as per research output, students satisfaction, academic spend etc,.

This is a specifically an Academic Reputation ranking. THE also have rankings using the other criteria you've specified.

The methodology is detailed here:
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2015/reputation-ranking/methodology
Reply 4
Original post by CancerousProblem
tbh if you dont get into a top 10 uni worldwide its not worth going because student debt

I completely disagree with you.
The fact universities 'fell out the rankings all together', and the major flux that occurs makes league tables irrelevant. They just serve to over inflate the ego of the students who go to the more prestigious unis. Calm down. Everyone in the UK needs to remember, if its not G5, its anything else. I remember when everyone at QM got all high and mighty when they got into russell group, as if its anything more than a pressure group for research intensive unis.
I'm happy I go to Durham and I think it thoroughly deserves to be in the top 100 :smile:
****, ucl is only 17th.....

might decline it and take a 2nd gap year

and to make it worse, im doing biochemical engineering which nobody has even heard of

sewious!!!!!!
Reply 8
Why is Warwick so low
Reply 9
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Another strong year for the UK - Cambridge and Oxford have moved back up to second and third place, behind Harvard. :smile:

I don't care about this ranking, because it's a 'reputation' ranking. I'm more interested in their world ranking.

Original post by pryngles
Why is Warwick so low

It's a new university.
Original post by pryngles
Why is Warwick so low

At what ranking range were you expecting it to appear?
Only on TSR
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

How come Cambridge is higher than Oxford in UK University Tables?
What happens if you go to a Top ten Uni and in your second or third year your uni drops down to 11th place, will you hang yourself?
Original post by solarplexus

and to make it worse, im doing biochemical engineering which nobody has even heard of

sewious!!!!!!

Then why didn't you apply for Oxford?
Original post by elmosandy
How come Cambridge is higher than Oxford in UK University Tables?

I'm afraid I don't know :smile: This table is based on the opinions of academics around the world :yy:
Original post by solarplexus

sewious!!!!!!

Did you take a gap year so you could get unconditional offers?
Reply 17
Damn my uni dropped a few places; brb dropping out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pulse.
Damn my uni dropped a few places; brb dropping out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you being sarky ?:P
Original post by CancerousProblem

Yeah. Sure. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending