The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arbes68468
I was having a similar problem have not really started revising for my as level and it's March I don't know if it's too late. Any help for techniques or things I can do to help boost my grades. I do history economics psychology and maths. Previous mocks I got AAAC. Any helpful revision types or tips are much appreciated. Thanks

the best way to revise for maths is to do lots of past paper questions
Guys,

can anyone help me on how to revise 'smarter'?

I wanna get A's at AS level but I feel like I'm just going in circles, learning content and doing past papers. any other tips?

(I'm taking Economics, Psych, English Lit & Geog)
Well I do economics and psychology aswell what I find that helps me is actually making notes from the textbook and not blindly reading. Break the information down and so it will be able to use when you not. However you need to rehearse it. Try make it more fun than just reading out of a textbook. E.g brainstorm summary of the 5 or 10 pages you read. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
:banana: Hey everyone, how are things going? Did you have a good week? :cookie:

Do people have Easter Holidays coming up soon? :eek: What are your plans? :h: :banana:

:banana2:

Spoiler

tellmeimmageek]x
Castiel.
x

Zaros
x

Fruitbasket786
x

Bleostar22
x

Mad Sounds
x

danniegee
x

JamboGooner
x

radpanda
x

jshep000
x

orphan_black
x

Obiejess
x

ElleM1407
x

Elsie.Duffy
x

bibo_the_fish
x

TheGemini
x

pankhap
x

Xin Xang
x

sporadic_
x

Kyramei
x

Barnsper
x

manishahjee
x

lanacurtis123
x

Lucyisglaswegian
x

Killerpenguin15
x

AstroNandos
x

AnnekaChan173
x

Angelo12231
x

AmyGeorge98
x

CaptainDJJoe
x

Chittesh14
x

esfio
x

banana_pi
x

ShootingStar_
x

sunny_rain123
x

Loopsandhoops
x

MrMackyTV
x

Ann1994
x

l1lvink
x

adunbilivit
x

sophie-louise
x

BluestAngel
x

Edminzodo
x

MissExo-k
x

x
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Do people have Easter Holidays coming up soon? :eek: What are your plans? :h: :banana:

Spoiler

Spoiler

The revision is gonna get real.
:banana:

the week had been bad and i cant even bring myself to update on my blog ...
x

I had a good week but yesterday was hard... But i overcame it and today was better! :smile:

Struggling at the moment with a lot but its getting better.

Easter Holiday plans? REVISION.

**** gets real after the holidays.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by guitaristemily
the week had been bad and i cant even bring myself to update on my blog ...

I'm sorry hear that... what happened? :console: There's always next week, so try not to get disheartened! :dumbells:

Original post by Midnightmemories
I had a good week but yesterday was hard... But i overcame it and today was better! :smile:

Struggling at the moment with a lot but its getting better.

Easter Holiday plans? REVISION.

**** gets real after the holidays.

I might have to use this quote in the next roundup :lol:

I might have to use this quote in the next roundup :lol:

Everyones thinking it, I'm just bold enough to say it. :lol:
I'm sorry hear that... what happened? :console: There's always next week, so try not to get disheartened! :dumbells:

just lots of **** - a teacher moved me insted of the person who should of been moved(they where bulling me and i got in trouble - senior magement where called and everything ... )

had a dress tech (full rerhearshal and stuff) for performing arts - failed becuase i couldnt do it.

i ust want to leave that school already
Original post by guitaristemily
just lots of **** - a teacher moved me insted of the person who should of been moved(they where bulling me and i got in trouble - senior magement where called and everything ... )

had a dress tech (full rerhearshal and stuff) for performing arts - failed becuase i couldnt do it.

i ust want to leave that school already

:frown: I'm really sorry to hear that - it sounds like you're going through a difficult time. Have you talked to anyone about it?

Why couldn't you do your dress rehearsal?

How much longer do you have there?
:frown: I'm really sorry to hear that - it sounds like you're going through a difficult time. Have you talked to anyone about it?

Why couldn't you do your dress rehearsal?

How much longer do you have there?

i have. they wont do anything about it.

becuase i was too scared...

untill the8th of june, and then the 19th is when all the leavers stuff is.
I know this is gonna spud really weird but anyway, I struggle with a lot I am not an A* student I am currently failing everything except maths
I work really hard and I have don for years but I never get anything out of it so I have got to a point where I am starting to give up which is really annoying cause I am currently about to take me GCSEs
Over the years I have had some serious problems like deaths every thine I have an exam and I have had some events which I always worry about and no one understands so I get even more frustrated and end up hating myself even more
I don't know what to do my exams r coming up and I'm gonna fail and no one knows how to deal with it
I guess this could go into the hurdle jumping category I know it doesn't seen a lot but it is constantly effecting me
Please I need suggestions I am drowning

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry for the bad gramma

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey! Good week, trying to stay on top of work :biggrin:
I don't even know when the easter hols are, please tell me not soon because I will have failed :') Going by the old 'If you haven't finished your revision by easter, you have failed.

Ive had loads of PSAs this week, but they've went really well! So I'm really happy

i will be doing loads of revision over Easter (like everyone else) but I will also be doing the durham supported progression which should be lots of fun x!
At least your mocks didn't go as bad as mine. I didn't even finish the psychology paper, missed out questions in the maths paper and completely messed up the RScexam by doing the wrong sets of questions! Overall I have a feeling I am going to be getting all U's.

I think my easter holiday will consist of drowning in past papers
My Easter holidays are from the 30th of March to the 12th of April. I have a feeling that I have a lot of catching up to do with all the current A2 stuff and my 4 AS resits. Why I am such a failure, I don't know. :frown:
So I got DDU in my mocks. I need to get 260 UCAS points or better (3 C's in effective) to go to my first choice. So any tips on improving will be welcomed!

Latest

Trending

Trending