The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
Original post by SassKing13
No problem President :smile: Why are you in hospital? :frown:

Not much :tongue: Just listening to music atm.

My health is not perfect, my heart feels like it is beating irregular and has been doing so for a few hours now :frown: I am for now going to sleep before my visitors come and start worrying about me, so type you soon my vicey.
Original post by lou 22
My health is not perfect, my heart feels like it is beating irregular and has been doing so for a few hours now :frown: I am for now going to sleep before my visitors come and start worrying about me, so type you soon my vicey.

Oh gosh Lou! I didn't know! take it easy. Talk soon :wink: stay strong x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lou 22

Oh :frown: not good...take it easy Lou :smile:
Reply 2603
Original post by Quiet _One86
Oh gosh Lou! I didn't know! take it easy. Talk soon :wink: stay strong x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meh:/, yeah it has become pretty bad lately due to an overload of stress but my blood pressure is high so I have had my little very teary moment earlier but I am going to try to get over it/him, not going to become down or depressed over anything or anyone no matter how much I love them, yep I loved him a load and he let me down because he didn't think he could fulfill either the role he wanted to play or the role he thought I wanted from him :frown:, he said I would understand and I now do :frown: I have been a utter twit and not thought of it from his perspective he loved me but let me go because he thought that was best :frown: and me being a **** has probably proved him right aww I get it now :smile:.
Reply 2604
Thanks very Ms Quiet.
Reply 2605
Original post by SassKing13
Oh :frown: not good...take it easy Lou :smile:

I promise vicey to take it easy from now on xx
Original post by lou 22
I promise vicey to take it easy from now on xx

Good :smile: The President also needs to be at 100% happiness :wink:
Hopelessness is all I've felt since I finished uni and started working. I hate having to give up my life to work towards someone else's dream, and there's nothing I dream of that I can actually do or that can bring in an income. I just have to accept complete and utter misery until I've saved enough money to last me until I die; I'm working so that I don't have to work. And the best part is that it's only been 6 months of work, so I've got a good 50 years or so left. Frankly, I doubt I'll last that long.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by xDave-
Hopelessness is all I've felt since I finished uni and started working. I hate having to give up my life to work towards someone else's dream, and there's nothing I dream of that I can actually do or that can bring in an income. I just have to accept complete and utter misery until I've saved enough money to last me until I die; I'm working so that I don't have to work. And the best part is that it's only been 6 months of work, so I've got a good 50 or so left. Frankly, I doubt I'll last that long.

Man that's depressing :/ I hope things improve or you find a job you actually enjoy. :console:
Feeling like ****, always stuck in my room and alone in lectures, got no one to live with next year and I'm living in private halls with people that already know each other sighhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Anxious and sick to my stomach

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by TheGreatImposter
Anxious and sick to my stomach

Posted from TSR Mobile

This
Original post by Precious Illusions
Man that's depressing :/ I hope things improve or you find a job you actually enjoy. :console:

Yep, and I hate that it's depressing and that I have to be so negative whenever the subject comes up, and that that negativity spreads to everything else as well.

I hope so too, but I don't have any expectation of that happening. I didn't really need to say the last part of that sentence but that's how I feel!
Original post by xDave-
Yep, and I hate that it's depressing and that I have to be so negative whenever the subject comes up, and that that negativity spreads to everything else as well.

I hope so too, but I don't have any expectation of that happening. I didn't really need to say the last part of that sentence but that's how I feel!

:frown: I think a lot of people feel like that after they finish uni tbh, it's difficult finding something you actually enjoy. What do you work as if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by xDave-

Sounds like you need to find a nice girl to distract you :tongue:
:frown: I think a lot of people feel like that after they finish uni tbh, it's difficult finding something you actually enjoy. What do you work as if you don't mind me asking?

I work for a web design company and I handle support, so I'm helping people add/edit text, upload files, etc. It's not really far off writing a post on this site if you use the code view. It's not that the job is bad or anything, but that I have absolutely no interest in it and it's not bettering me or anyone else in any way. You might say that it helps the people who own the sites, but I'm usually just adding things to pages that I 100% know no one will ever look at. And then doing it for 40 hours a week is a complete killer.

It doesn't help that I was just shoehorned into uni and ended up picking something I had no interest in. I'm in a position where I can't even get into an area that could interest me because I just don't have the necessary qualifications to go there. My school barely taught any A Level subjects and I just ended up picking things randomly - and any that they did teach had a very low standard of teaching anyway. I left school with no goal in sight and ended up working in a factory, which was absolute hell. I ran scared from that into uni and now, 3 years later, here I am.
Original post by xDave-
I work for a web design company and I handle support, so I'm helping people add/edit text, upload files, etc. It's not really far off writing a post on this site if you use the code view. It's not that the job is bad or anything, but that I have absolutely no interest in it and it's not bettering me or anyone else in any way. You might say that it helps the people who own the sites, but I'm usually just adding things to pages that I 100% know no one will ever look at. And then doing it for 40 hours a week is a complete killer.

It doesn't help that I was just shoehorned into uni and ended up picking something I had no interest in. I'm in a position where I can't even get into an area that could interest me because I just don't have the necessary qualifications to go there. My school barely taught any A Level subjects and I just ended up picking things randomly - and any that they did teach had a very low standard of teaching anyway. I left school with no goal in sight and ended up working in a factory, which was absolute hell. I ran scared from that into uni and now, 3 years later, here I am.

Ugh that sounds awful, sorry to hear about you just being pushed into uni etc. I think it's way too common how people go to uni because they feel they have to and choose a random subject. I guess a jobs a job, and you at least have the weekends to yourself?
Ugh that sounds awful, sorry to hear about you just being pushed into uni etc. I think it's way too common how people go to uni because they feel they have to and choose a random subject. I guess a jobs a job, and you at least have the weekends to yourself?

Pretty much everyone I know went just for the sake of going. Most people's reasoning was to live the student life, but I lived at home so I didn't even get that! Though I did live there one year but we just played Fifa all year - I could've just done that at home and saved a good 5-6 grand. And I don't even like Fifa.

Some people say you should be happy you have a job and others do the math on how much free time you actually do have, but I don't feel in any way privileged by this. My free time is just me dreading work; not specifically my job, but having to work forever doing things I don't like. I don't have a vision of the future that I can look forward to and that destroys me really. I don't look forward to anything really.

You might say that I should find things I do look forward to but I just don't feel like there is anything. I've been to counselling and she said that my way of thinking is a problem, but I don't know how to think differently and she didn't have a solution for that either. But, in my opinion, it's just reality, not any way that I'm thinking. I'm not enjoying my life and I can't envisage any means of getting myself into a situation where I do. That doesn't mean that I won't continue to try and find something that will make me enjoy it but I certainly can't think this reality into a happy one, as far as I'm concerned.

Speaking of my counsellor, spare a thought for her. Just reading these few paragraphs is awful and she had to listen to this for months!
Very confused and anxious about my future :sad:

I want to leave home and my city SO badly but I'm still saving up and I fear the loneliness will kill me.

Oh and I spent all yesterday evening at work hoping Plastic Flower Guy would turn up but he didn't. :emo: That made me sad.

The only plus was that a little boy told me I looked nice :cute:

Now I'm very tired and lonely but luckily I don't need to work tonight so I can spend today drawing, maybe painting, and dozing, whilst ignoring the burden of the essay I need to do that's due very soon and all the preparation I need to do for my assessor's observation on the 26th. :sigh:
Original post by lou 22
Thanks very Ms Quiet.

Don't mention it sweet - you know I know how you feel having been there done that with the tee and all that "wonderful" jazz..don't be messed about anymore and focus on your health..I'm here for you when you're ready to chat and home! Hugs xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling good. Little bored too// at least its weekend

Latest