The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by Rifleboy123
Well at least one of us has faith in me; thanks! :') I'd hate to come so close to achieving this dream to fail now. Heck, I'd rather have a rejection than miss my offer :L I know A*AA should be relatively easy compared to Imperial/Cambridge offers but I'm still terrified haha :P

On numbers alone don't 90+% Oxons meet their offer?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by TVIO
On numbers alone don't 90+% Oxons meet their offer?

Well if that's true it's quite reassuring ^^
Reply 1302
Offer for ESPS !
Original post by law2015
me too, it's complete jokes having to wait so long to hear back, when did you apply?

it is! portico hasn't even updated yet :frown: November 25th! what about you?
Anyone for history?
Reply 1305
Original post by sway11
Very nice, what were your as results like & UMS scores?

I'm an international student (from Norway), and our grading system is very different from the British one... :s-smilie:
Original post by tombernert
A*A* Offer for maths.
Does anyone know how likely it is to be living relatively close to the uni in 2nd year and after, because I'm currently working at Imperial College and I have to live bloody miles away to be able to afford anything.

It really depends how you choose to live and whether you get lucky. I know people who live in Mornington Crescent and who walk to uni who pay £150 a week, but I also know people who live in private accommodation nearby the university who must pay upwards of £250 p/w.

It's much cheaper to live with a group of people than it is to live on your own, so if you get a flatshare group going, you'll find it easier to get location close by at a semi-affordable price. If studios are more to your taste (I've unfortunately found that I prefer them) then the price skyrockets.

So, in short, it is possible - but it takes some looking! Failing that, you could look into the UCL bursary scheme. I got money through there automatically that I wasn't expecting, and I know that it's going to make a huge difference when it comes to paying for my accommodation next year (it'll be my third year).
guys how many of you are waiting to hear from UCL. And when did you apply.
Also, do you think if they haven't replied by now it means their rejecting you. You know because interviews and all that stuff takes places long time back.
P.S im a gap year student (so already have my grades)
Original post by tsandhu2
guys how many of you are waiting to hear from UCL. And when did you apply.
Also, do you think if they haven't replied by now it means their rejecting you. You know because interviews and all that stuff takes places long time back.
P.S im a gap year student (so already have my grades)

Not hearing by now is definitely not a reason to be worried, if they were sure about rejecting you they'd probably have done it but now, ay very least they are unsure, not to mention if you have the grades you're in a good position as UCL have a strong ethos based around giving everyone able a chance to succeed, I applied in November and got my offer the other day, there may be many reasons they are taking there time but I definitely wouldn't worry, takes the piss I know but its cool.
Who's attending wednesday's open day??

Posted from TSR Mobile
got my offer within a month lol.....

sent it on December 17th, got it on jan 15th....

but gap year though...
Original post by tombernert
Not hearing by now is definitely not a reason to be worried, if they were sure about rejecting you they'd probably have done it but now, ay very least they are unsure, not to mention if you have the grades you're in a good position as UCL have a strong ethos based around giving everyone able a chance to succeed, I applied in November and got my offer the other day, there may be many reasons they are taking there time but I definitely wouldn't worry, takes the piss I know but its cool.

Yh I guess thank you so much 😊
Original post by solarplexus

but gap year though...

Congrats😊
Original post by notsure
would be good to have a fb page! seems like theres barely anyone doing planning :auto::boring:

Hi I Agree!

There seems so be no information on Urban Planning. Have you heard back yet?
Hi, trying to decide between UCL and LSE for philosophy and economics, any advice would be welcome.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3198623
Original post by solarplexus

but gap year though...

Not sure gap year makes much difference, I applied with a gap year and it took me like 4 months to hear back, I think its just down to the department.
anyone else have an offer for Modern Language plus here ? :smile:
Original post by superduperweirdo
anyone else have an offer for Modern Language plus here ? :smile:

I've got an offer for Modern Languages :smile:
Any history applicants about?
Original post by Gazzaaa
Any history applicants about?

Yep! I applied for the SSEES History course though. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending