We might end up in the same college then! Haha 😄

Yeah :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Hello,

I had my interview for the unconditional scheme in Saturday and I've just been given an unconditional for LLB law so happy!!! Thinking of joining county college, what college are you thinking of?

Amelia
I'm going for Bowland or County, I can't decide!
Original post by amelialouisexo
Hello,

I had my interview for the unconditional scheme in Saturday and I've just been given an unconditional for LLB law so happy!!! Thinking of joining county college, what college are you thinking of?

Amelia

hey congrats on the unconditional offer, I have a conditional offer for the LLB law as well!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by steelman1000
hey congrats on the unconditional offer, I have a conditional offer for the LLB law as well!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you and congrats on your offer! What college are you thinking?
Original post by amelialouisexo
Thank you and congrats on your offer! What college are you thinking?

thanks, and thinking of bowland college as its quite close to the Law department (less chances of getting wet to lectures lol) and my second choice will be griezedale. what bout you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 366
Does anyone know how you decide if 36/40 week contract for accommodation is best for your degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RestlessAcademic
Hi! I intend to accept the offer in Lancaster for MSc Advanced Marketing Management soon! Do you know of any current students/offer holders for postgraduate marketing courses in Lancaster?

Hi

I'm most probably going to accept Lancaster's offer for the MSc Advanced Marketing Management course as well. Still doubting though, because Cranfield has a very strong global reputation yet it's isolated, Leeds has a great uni and it's a great city, and Durham is the best when it comes down to job prospects.

Why will you choose Lancaster above others and which were they?
PS I can send you some deep information from a student currently studying the MSc Advanced Marketing Management at Lancaster if you want.

Kind regards
Jencey
Original post by XEZX
Does anyone know how you decide if 36/40 week contract for accommodation is best for your degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A 36 week contract means that you have to clear your room and move out over the Easter holidays, which is a bit of a faff, but perhaps not too bad if you live close by. Most people tend to go home for the whole of the holidays anyway, but I do have a few friends who are going to stay for a while because they need to do work (it's getting close to summer exams) and they find it hard to at home, or they need the library. Also, if you get a job in Lancaster, you may want to work over Easter in which case you'll need a 40 week contract to stay. So it's up to you! 40 week is more flexible, but 36 week is obviously cheaper.
Reply 369
Original post by Kathiye
A 36 week contract means that you have to clear your room and move out over the Easter holidays, which is a bit of a faff, but perhaps not too bad if you live close by. Most people tend to go home for the whole of the holidays anyway, but I do have a few friends who are going to stay for a while because they need to do work (it's getting close to summer exams) and they find it hard to at home, or they need the library. Also, if you get a job in Lancaster, you may want to work over Easter in which case you'll need a 40 week contract to stay. So it's up to you! 40 week is more flexible, but 36 week is obviously cheaper.

Thanks! I only live in Liverpool so I'll probably come home for Easter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recently have just got my students finance and after checking out Lancaster's accommodation prices and doing some reasonable calculations, I realised that am barely going to have enough money for myself. so any budgeting advice would be indeed helpful and appreciated!! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recently have just got my students finance and after checking out Lancaster's accommodation prices and doing some reasonable calculations, I realised that am barely going to have enough money for myself. so any budgeting advice would be indeed helpful and appreciated!! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you really can't work it out, I suggest you start looking to lend some money of a bank. In most countries they have special student loans.

Just do the math and make sure you can pay it back within five years. Being a future postgraduate you'll be able to pay it back monthly + have more money left than without the postgraduate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look into interest free overdrafts and possibly becoming a student ambassador.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jencey.provoost
If you really can't work it out, I suggest you start looking to lend some money of a bank. In most countries they have special student loans.

Just do the math and make sure you can pay it back within five years. Being a future postgraduate you'll be able to pay it back monthly + have more money left than without the postgraduate :smile:

thanks a lot, will definitely consider that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Look into interest free overdrafts and possibly becoming a student ambassador.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks mate, sounds really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello Everybody!

If you haven't joined already, heres the link to this years Facebook group! :biggrin:

facebook.com/groups/338801219653393/?fref=ts
Hi all, I'm currently in my 2nd year of Biomedicine at Lancaster University so if any applicants want to ask me any questions regarding university, colleges, accommodation, Lancaster in general, whatever really, I'd be more than happy to help :smile:
Original post by lastlullabyy
Hi all, I'm currently in my 2nd year of Biomedicine at Lancaster University so if any applicants want to ask me any questions regarding university, colleges, accommodation, Lancaster in general, whatever really, I'd be more than happy to help :smile:

Hi :smile:
i was wondering what is the nightlife like at lancaster and do you find there is lots to do in the city/surrounding areas
And also, which college would you say is the nicest/best.. i'm thinking of grizedale or furness

:smile:thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lastlullabyy

hello
is Lancaster as a whole really popular because a lot of my friends confuse it with UCLAN :frown: so do you think it's widely recognised by employers?
thanks a lot !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollywooddreamer
Hi :smile:
i was wondering what is the nightlife like at lancaster and do you find there is lots to do in the city/surrounding areas
And also, which college would you say is the nicest/best.. i'm thinking of grizedale or furness

:smile:thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: To be honest I've never been on a proper night out in Lancaster but have many friends who go out on regular basis. Three most popular clubs are Elements, Hustle and Sugarhouse (run by LUSU - Lancaster University Students Union). There are also lots of pubs and bars, quite a few of nice restaurants and places to eat with good student offers. On campus there are quite few pubs, every college has one. Obviously you don't need to be a member of a college to go to college's bar. There's something to do, quite a lot even on campus. lots of societies, great sports centre.... We evev have a little cinema on campus which has few screenings per week and entrance fee is low :smile:
I'm studying quite hard degree + I'm working 20 hours per week just outside Lancaster so I don't have as much time to do other things. If you want a feel of bigger city, Liverpool or Manchester are both just over an hour by train :smile: Lancaster is small but you can really feel its student atmosphere everywhere you go.
With regards to colleges... I'm in Pendle myself, picked it for a cool logo to be honest... If I could pick again, would choose Furness I think. Most of my friends are from there and it seems to have quite good social life, Also if you want to live on campus, Furness location is great.

Quick Reply

Latest