The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jojoefghi
Just received an offer!

So shocked as I thought my interview went terribly!!

Congrats!!!!!
Original post by georgiahinch
I think it was my best so far! Couple of starions I found tricky but other than that I think I coped okay! Did you get an offer? I pray the wait is quick!!

you sound like you're confident that you'll get an offer

have you got any other offers yet?
Original post by georgiahinch
I think it was my best so far! Couple of starions I found tricky but other than that I think I coped okay! Did you get an offer? I pray the wait is quick!!

Yeah, I got an offer. I thought I failed at 2 of the stations, but that's what's good about mmi, you can fail some of them and still do well overall! Best of luck to all waiting for interview outcomes.
(edited 9 years ago)
pretty sure my offers been withdrawn xD
Original post by Jaska
pretty sure my offers been withdrawn xD

did you not get the reference to them? you should still send it and see what happens, I'm curious as to whether they'll still want you haha
Original post by 786687
did you not get the reference to them? you should still send it and see what happens, I'm curious as to whether they'll still want you haha

ah i dont really mind now, just wanted the offer on track xD
Original post by 786687
you sound like you're confident that you'll get an offer

have you got any other offers yet?

Not confident that I'll get an offer at all haha just it didn't go as badly as I thought!
Original post by turtlewearsahat
Yeah, I got an offer and will definitely firm here. I thought I failed at 2 of the stations, but that's what's good about mmi, you can fail some of them and still do well overall! Best of luck to all waiting for interview outcomes.

Thanks!!! I hope my others make up haha
Hey guys,

Just wanted to clear up something with the offer holders - if your track updates with the offer, does that mean that they have received all your documents?
Hey guys,

Just wanted to clear up something with the offer holders - if your track updates with the offer, does that mean that they have received all your documents?

that's what happened to me after I sent in my docs, but if you haven't sent them all in and your track has already update, do send them in because it says in the offer email that you have 10 working days to get all the stuff in.
Original post by 786687
that's what happened to me after I sent in my docs, but if you haven't sent them all in and your track has already update, do send them in because it says in the offer email that you have 10 working days to get all the stuff in.

I gave in all the required stuff during my interview and my track updated so I'm assuming the reminder on the email was just generic?
I gave in all the required stuff during my interview and my track updated so I'm assuming the reminder on the email was just generic?

yep, the email is generic.
Reply 2032
I received an email 4 days after my interview saying I scored high enough to be offered a place and that if I hadn't already, I should send any outstanding work exp proof. It's been like 2 weeks since that email and my offer hasn't come through on ucas, anyone know how long it takes?
Original post by nacho4
I received an email 4 days after my interview saying I scored high enough to be offered a place and that if I hadn't already, I should send any outstanding work exp proof. It's been like 2 weeks since that email and my offer hasn't come through on ucas, anyone know how long it takes?

Its been two weeks for me too. Our offers have probably been withdrawn :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nacho4

My track updated the same day as the offer, you might want to check over the list of documents they said to bring to interview, if not, I'd probably email admissions.
Original post by nacho4

why did you not send through the paperwork that you forgot to bring to your interview?

sorry to say, but I think your offer would have been withdrawn by now.

ring admissions first thing on monday morning.
Do you have to have 5 references? I have 4 but can't get hold of my last one for a written reference, will a certificate do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2037
Hey guys,

I'm a Georges student so may appear biased but I will be completely honest in what I say. To many applicants SGUL will probably be very low down on the list.

One of the biggest things applicants often forget is that SGUL is based inside St Georges hospital, one of the best hospitals in London. As one progresses into the clinical years , you begin to appreciate that St Georges hospital is home to a wealth of resources. One of the best Neurology units in the country, renowned doctors in various fields from Orthopaedics to Ophthalmology.

A small uni brings many positives but at the same time you will be lucky to have your clinical placements at such an amazing hospital. I have been on placements with medical students from other universities e.g. sharing the same hospital ( rarely happens) and again its the same story. SGUL organisation , resources and curriculum trumps them all.
Original post by cfc18
Hey guys,

I'm a Georges student so may appear biased but I will be completely honest in what I say. To many applicants SGUL will probably be very low down on the list.

One of the biggest things applicants often forget is that SGUL is based inside St Georges hospital, one of the best hospitals in London. As one progresses into the clinical years , you begin to appreciate that St Georges hospital is home to a wealth of resources. One of the best Neurology units in the country, renowned doctors in various fields from Orthopaedics to Ophthalmology.

A small uni brings many positives but at the same time you will be lucky to have your clinical placements at such an amazing hospital. I have been on placements with medical students from other universities e.g. sharing the same hospital ( rarely happens) and again its the same story. SGUL organisation , resources and curriculum trumps them all.

Truly, it is an amazing medical school from what I have read and know. I am very keen to join if I do get an offer. And I don't think that people who don't want to come need any convincing because if they withdraw it leaves more places for those of us that are genuinely interested in coming here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cfc18
Hey guys,

why do you think people place SGUL so low down on the list?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending