The Student Room Group

How to revise to get an A in A level Biology?

How did/do you revise?

I got a C and a B last year in units 1 and 2 respectively and looking to improve my grade :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
How did/do you revise?

I got a C and a B last year in units 1 and 2 respectively and looking to improve my grade :smile:

Hey, hope you're ok!

I got lower than you in both unit 1 and 2.
I resat them and managed to get near full ums in biology.

My technique:
1. First I would learn the content using CGP revision guides.
2. Do questions in an exam style, not past papers just yet. There are thousands of questions on line which are from the old spec AQA papers.
3. Do the new spec past papers 2 weeks before the exam.
BUT make sure you spend a lot of time marking it. If the exam is 1hr; spend 1hr marking it. Really learn the markscheme and anything you get wrong make a note of it.

The key thing with biology is to understand the content BUT be apply the content to exam style questions and the mark scheme helps with that.

If you have any questions PM me.
Hope everything goes well c:
Original post by Cobalt_
Hey, hope you're ok!

I got lower than you in both unit 1 and 2.
I resat them and managed to get near full ums in biology.

My technique:
1. First I would learn the content using CGP revision guides.
2. Do questions in an exam style, not past papers just yet. There are thousands of questions on line which are from the old spec AQA papers.
3. Do the new spec past papers 2 weeks before the exam.
BUT make sure you spend a lot of time marking it. If the exam is 1hr; spend 1hr marking it. Really learn the markscheme and anything you get wrong make a note of it.

The key thing with biology is to understand the content BUT be apply the content to exam style questions and the mark scheme helps with that.

If you have any questions PM me.
Hope everything goes well c:

im fine thanks haha :biggrin: im resitting them too. thanks ill definitely give that a go:colondollar: my exam board is aqa if that makes a difference, or are all the exam boards similar?

oh wait it seems like you did aqa too:tongue: but yeah i think my problem last year is the fact i didn't do many past papers, i just focussed on looking at the specification :smile:

thanks a lot :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
im fine thanks haha :biggrin: im resitting them too. thanks ill definitely give that a go:colondollar: my exam board is aqa if that makes a difference, or are all the exam boards similar?

oh wait it seems like you did aqa too:tongue: but yeah i think my problem last year is the fact i didn't do many past papers, i just focussed on looking at the specification :smile:

thanks a lot :biggrin:

Yeh i went from a C (just doing content) to like 138 UMS in unit 2 by focusing more on exam style questions and applying content.

Good luck!
Original post by Cobalt_
Yeh i went from a C (just doing content) to like 138 UMS in unit 2 by focusing more on exam style questions and applying content.

Good luck!

one more thing actually, do you have any tips for the ISAs? :tongue:
Reply 5
one more thing actually, do you have any tips for the ISAs? :tongue:

Tips for the isa hmmm.

Tbh I really don't, Isas are just a thing you have to learn how to do.
Your teachers will probably do an example isa before hand which is similar to the real one and you can use that for help.

Sorry, I can't really help on isas :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cobalt_
Tips for the isa hmmm.

Tbh I really don't, Isas are just a thing you have to learn how to do.
Your teachers will probably do an example isa before hand which is similar to the real one and you can use that for help.

Sorry, I can't really help on isas :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh it's ok:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending