The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what degree could i do with my alevel subjects:economics,english literature and psychology? I'm kinda of scared that ive screwed everything up...

My original plan was to do my alevels get a degree in psychology become a psychologist and help people because i really cant imagine little old me becoming a businessman or something else.I want to help people and earn a good salary.Also im more of a people person than anything.Im doing eng lit,psychology and economics for alevel.What jobs would I be able to do with a psychology or english literature degree which are likely to pay me a good salary? kinda scared i wont be able to do a masters at uni since im not exactly from a high income family and know that ill probably have to rely on myself...

im not a big fan of economics and im more of a people person than anything y'know.I want to help people live well off and im prepared to work my socks for it,I know in the near future when i go to uni i wont have the luxury so many people have of having their parents help fund their master degrees so i might struggle on that end

What job and degree do you recommend i take that fits my criteria?
Original post by scrawlx101
what degree could i do with my alevel subjects:economics,english literature and psychology? I'm kinda of scared that ive screwed everything up...

My original plan was to do my alevels get a degree in psychology become a psychologist and help people because i really cant imagine little old me becoming a businessman or something else.I want to help people and earn a good salary.Also im more of a people person than anything.Im doing eng lit,psychology and economics for alevel.What jobs would I be able to do with a psychology or english literature degree which are likely to pay me a good salary? kinda scared i wont be able to do a masters at uni since im not exactly from a high income family and know that ill probably have to rely on myself...

im not a big fan of economics and im more of a people person than anything y'know.I want to help people live well off and im prepared to work my socks for it,I know in the near future when i go to uni i wont have the luxury so many people have of having their parents help fund their master degrees so i might struggle on that end

Law
Original post by Depleted
Law

heard its a borefest at uni?

Meh, probably. Gets you a good job and suits your A-Level choices and profile though, gives you options after uni too.

Forget what you hear from other people... At the end of the day make sure what you want to do is something YOU are passionate about, and if you're not sure then start researching.

From what you've said however it seems like Psychology would be a good choice for you.
Also you know what gets on my nerves. The word PRSOM Ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Also you know what gets on my nerves. The word PRSOM Ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree.

prsom.
Anyways I gave in notice to leave my job so they hired this new person to replace me when I did eventually leave. 7/10 Coloumbian girl studying English. Man if I was staying I would have moved onto that easssyyyyyyyy :tongue:

she was bare nice to me too :frown:
Actually where's the ignore list? Can't remember a time anyone's actually provoked it Tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Actually where's the ignore list? Can't remember a time anyone's actually provoked it Tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's on the drop down menu somewhere.
Heya lovelies, please keep it kind between yourselves. Not so much in regards to the posts above just something that's been coming up frequently in general. Thankyouss :h:

​Anyway, how's everybody's weekend going? :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
I agree.

prsom.

Original post by Lúcio
reported :smile:

intellectual deterrent innit.

[video="youtube;KBWuDhIv9B0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by difeo
x

you know me, top quality posts and all that :cool:

Law would be the best fit.
Social Work as well, family member is on 45k a year and they only graduated 2 years ago.
Personally look into management.
was wonderin this earlier, would anyone on here that lifts to a semi-serious level ever consider doing steroids? why or why not? been researchin and watchin a lot of documentaries and listenin to various bodybuilders opinions on it and wondered what you guys think?

Personally wouldn't because I don't aim to ever get that big, I do think the cons are hyped by the media a lot though and if you do them right you can reap the benefits as shown by quiet a few people but you still hear the horror stories and id rather not **** my body beyond return even for a few years of almighty gains if that was my goal.

assumin this kind of post is allowed on TSR, if not feel free to delete, would be nice to hear some views though even over PM.
Original post by Depleted
It's on the drop down menu somewhere.

safe x
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
x

Don't think I would for some of the reasons you've provided. My aim to is stay lean rather than gain massive muscle mass, and I think I'd find it much harder to have a low % BF if I weigh too much so I'd much prefer to be smaller than someone who requires roids. Couple this with the fact I have a medical condition that could badly he affected and its a big no-no.

Another huge issue I've found with people who have used roids, is their appearance once they hit 40+. They usually have saggy skin, look much older than their years and quite often are fat. Coming from a family where everyone ages really well and looks a lot younger than their years, I like to think I could do that and so wouldn't want to jeopardise this privilege in my older years just to look a little bigger when I'm younger, I'd rather just be that little bit smaller. I should also note I don't intend to lift past 40+ for muscles or anything, just maybe to keep fit and I'll probably try and cardio/play sports to stay in good shape (if I live to that age, God willing).

I don't know anyone who has had their Masters paid for through family. Everyone has saved up off their own back, or has been lucky enough to get a full scholarship. Don't let that put you off at all...
Original post by sr90
I don't know anyone who has had their Masters paid for through family. Everyone has saved up off their own back, or has been lucky enough to get a full scholarship. Don't let that put you off at all...

Know some spoilt ***** at uni who are funded by mummy and daddy (all £9k of it), and their accommodation and food etc. also comes from their parents pocket. What it equates to is them having a £6k or so maintenance loan to go out with...
Been having dancing lessons in the gym, quite hard but so fun.

Latest