The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE English Literature 2015.

This is a thread for the upcoming exam where we can help each other , discus whether or not your prepared.
I am doing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for prose , Thomas Hardy Poetry and The Merchant Of Venice for drama all of which I'm screwed for xD
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by StressedByDay
This is a thread for the upcoming exam where we can help each other , discus whether or not your prepared.
I am doing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for prose , Thomas Hardy Poetry and The Merchant Of Venice for drama all of which I'm screwed for xD

Hi! I'm doing I'm the King of the Castle for prose, Thomas Hardy for poetry and All my Sons for drama. :smile:
Original post by Unionjem123
Hi! I'm doing I'm the King of the Castle for prose, Thomas Hardy for poetry and All my Sons for drama. :smile:

Awesome you're the first post on this wonderfully popular thread xD.
Awesome you're the first post on this wonderfully popular thread xD.

Haha, how's revision going? Btw do you have any Thomas Hardy poem notes you can share, cos I acc have no notes?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Unionjem123
Haha, how's revision going? Btw do you have any Thomas Hardy poem notes you can share, cos I acc have no notes?

I have decent notes on all except 'At the word 'farewell' and 'Neutral Tones' :smile:
Reply 5
I'm doing Jekyll and Hyde and Merchant of Venice as well :biggrin: Do you have any notes for either of these? Our teacher didn't really help us much :/
Original post by Peachy23
I'm doing Jekyll and Hyde and Merchant of Venice as well :biggrin: Do you have any notes for either of these? Our teacher didn't really help us much :/

I don't have much on Jekyll and Hyde and it would be really hard to read my writing. Yeah same my teacher is clueless
Reply 7
I don't have much on Jekyll and Hyde and it would be really hard to read my writing. Yeah same my teacher is clueless

Haha, okay thanks anyway! :smile:
Original post by Peachy23
Haha, okay thanks anyway! :smile:

Hey guys ! I'm taking my IG's in a few weeks, and I need a lil bit of help :P Do you guys have any notes for the themes presented in Merchant of venice?
Original post by Smriti_subi
Hey guys ! I'm taking my IG's in a few weeks, and I need a lil bit of help :P Do you guys have any notes for the themes presented in Merchant of venice?

There are themes and motifs ; for example , the motif of entrapment.
-The suitors are isolated for choosing the right casket
-Portia is trapped by her father's bond and therefore is well- mannered to every suitor.
There are many obvious such as appearance versus reality , friendship and perhaps the setting?
Anyone here doing Stories of Ourselves, Songs of Ourselves and Merchant of Venice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Anyone here doing Stories of Ourselves, Songs of Ourselves and Merchant of Venice?

Yes!
Guys, does anyone have notes on the 'Songs of Ourselves' poems? My teacher lost my anthology and my notes- so I have gone into panic mode!
what are the key themes in dr jekyll and mr hyde
Original post by MyAnaconda
Guys, does anyone have notes on the 'Songs of Ourselves' poems? My teacher lost my anthology and my notes- so I have gone into panic mode!

Someone on youtube did really good revision videos for 8 of the 'Songs of Ourselves' poems:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJQeMYLfuzXfgc4Tw1Yt9L7f-2kyftVyS
Is anyone doing the 0486/11 (First Time Zone)?
How did everyone find songs of ourselves and stories of ourselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending