The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Decided today if I don't get an offer from one of the Scottish unis then I'm not going to uni next year...scary stuff.
Original post by strawberrysnow
Can someone help me integrate this please? This is my working out but my answer is different from the book. It's c4 volumes of revolution. Thank you very much! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does this help? :smile:

Edit: BTW I just integrated what you had at the top is that what you wanted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so so much!! :biggrin:
Thank you so so much!! :biggrin:

No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emcat
Decided today if I don't get an offer from one of the Scottish unis then I'm not going to uni next year...scary stuff.

What's wrong with England?:tongue:
Original post by _Caz_

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly what I got, you beat me to it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
What's wrong with England?:tongue:

Well...

Nah, I just haven't liked any uni I've seen or been to other than the Scottish ones. Just have the slight issue that I haven't been accepted to either of them I've applied to yet.
Original post by emcat
Well...

Nah, I just haven't liked any uni I've seen or been to other than the Scottish ones. Just have the slight issue that I haven't been accepted to either of them I've applied to yet.

Fair enough, good luck. Which Scottish unis are they then?
Original post by Princepieman
Exactly what I got, you beat me to it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. Glad we got the same. Was afraid I'd made a silly sign error or something. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to bother people again but can someone help me with this question? It's volumes of revolution (c4) again.

I just don't really know how to approach this problem - I tried integrating m^2x^2 but that ended up in a bit of a mess...

Thanks again! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to bother people again but can someone help me with this question? It's volumes of revolution (c4) again.

I just don't really know how to approach this problem - I tried integrating m^2x^2 but that ended up in a bit of a mess...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're on the right track but you need to write m in terms of r and h and you would need to integrate between the limits of h and 0.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Find an equation that puts the gradient in terms of r and h

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
You're on the right track but you need to write m in terms of r and h and you would need to integrate between the limits of h and 0.

Original post by Princepieman
Find an equation that puts the gradient in terms of r and h

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! So something like this (I hope)? But how do you integrate when there are 3 different letters/variables??

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

r and h aren't variables, they're just the coordinates so they are constants in this case. You only need to integrate with respect to x.
Thank you! So something like this (I hope)? But how do you integrate when there are 3 different letters/variables??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You integrate with respect to x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone here budgeted how much their living costs will be in their first year?
Will you be getting a job alongside studying?
Original post by Skill Twix
I applied for Economics.Got offers from Nottingham,QMUL,Bristol and Manchester.Still waiting for Warwick!
You?
I need to get A*AA this year.Been procrastinating the entire year.Got 2 months to finish everything off!

A*A*AA for me at Imperial
I'm having to work quite a lot too :frown:

Yeah, so now integrate that, within the limits and bobs your uncle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
Fair enough, good luck. Which Scottish unis are they then?

I'm waiting on St Andrews and Edinburgh. Already heard from Glasgow but I haven't been there yet so idk what the uni is like.

Latest