The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone at all applied to university park campus?!? It seems its just self-catered :s-smilie: I feel as if im the only one who has applied for UP campus.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Teh Smart One
Has anyone at all applied to university park campus?!? It seems its just self-catered :s-smilie: I feel as if im the only one who has applied for UP campus.

It's actually a 50:50 split between self catered and catered halls. I live on UP and absolutely love it so you have chosen well 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kendellex
It's actually a 50:50 split between self catered and catered halls. I live on UP and absolutely love it so you have chosen well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Opinions on Broadgate park?
Original post by kazza63
i got my place on the counselling course but i'm living at home as im a mature student

Hopefully I'll see you in class in September :smile: i take it you're from the local area then?

I did for private shared bathroom but I'll be doing Computer Science so my lectures will be on Jubilee.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone else has the opportunity to take modules outside their subject school and what they are considering. It is a great prospect but I'm really uncertain about what is available and whether I would be spreading by focus too much to take lots of diverse modules. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
I did for private shared bathroom but I'll be doing Computer Science so my lectures will be on Jubilee.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for ensuite at university park and I'm also doing comp sci haha. Wonder how long it takes to get from University park to the computer department. Luckily I have a bike XD
I applied for ensuite at university park and I'm also doing comp sci haha. Wonder how long it takes to get from University park to the computer department. Luckily I have a bike XD

Haha, yaass!! Comp Sci buddies, don't worry we can suffer the 10-15 minute journey together. :smile:
Original post by 1chirag7
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone else has the opportunity to take modules outside their subject school and what they are considering. It is a great prospect but I'm really uncertain about what is available and whether I would be spreading by focus too much to take lots of diverse modules. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

It depends what subject you do but in most cases, yes, there is an opportunity to take a couple of extra modules outside of your school. You would only realistically get to do one or two so you don't have to worry about spreading your focus too widely. What is available varies year on year but you can have a look at the university module catalogue:

http://modulecatalogue.nottingham.ac.uk/nottingham/

(When selecting a Department: Modules highlighted in green have been identified as being particularly suitable for first year students, including those from other schools. Modules highlighted in yellow have been designated by the offering school as particularly suited to students from outside the school.)
Is anyone doing philosophy and theology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MariamAmjad18
Is anyone doing philosophy and theology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Taking straight Phil :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MariamAmjad18
Whose chose broadgate park?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me!!! Haven't heard back but since I only applied yesterday, that's understandable ^_^
Also, where all the sports students at? I'm doing sports rehabilitation and exercise science and I swear I haven't seen anyone yet! :frown:
Anyone doing Modern Languages? Just got my offer for accommodation in Raleigh Park :-)
I applied for broadgate park on the 2nd and still havent heard back yet! Anyone else?
Original post by e.ducky95
Also, where all the sports students at? I'm doing sports rehabilitation and exercise science and I swear I haven't seen anyone yet! :frown:

I applied to do sports rehab and exercise science but am still awaiting the reply on an offer or not.. have you heard yet ?
Original post by chamberlains
I applied to do sports rehab and exercise science but am still awaiting the reply on an offer or not.. have you heard yet ?

I think they're making decisions now. I got an unconditional offer on thursday and I accepted it. Fingers crossed they get back to you soon with good news :smile: don't worry, I'm sure it won't be long until they decide.
I think they're making decisions now. I got an unconditional offer on thursday and I accepted it. Fingers crossed they get back to you soon with good news :smile: don't worry, I'm sure it won't be long until they decide.

That's really good!! Well done! where else did you apply for to do this course? I'm just slightly worried I'm not going to get the offer and then if i do i wont get the grades :frown:
Original post by chamberlains
That's really good!! Well done! where else did you apply for to do this course? I'm just slightly worried I'm not going to get the offer and then if i do i wont get the grades :frown:

Thank you :smile: I actually applied for physiotherapy at sheffield hallam and Nottingham and sport science at Loughborough at Nottingham trent but this course suited me best so as soon as I got it, I accepted. Well, you've done all you can so far in terms of the offer. You just have to wait to hear back from the uni and study your ass off for your exams. That's all you can do. Where else did you apply?
Thank you :smile: I actually applied for physiotherapy at sheffield hallam and Nottingham and sport science at Loughborough at Nottingham trent but this course suited me best so as soon as I got it, I accepted. Well, you've done all you can so far in terms of the offer. You just have to wait to hear back from the uni and study your ass off for your exams. That's all you can do. Where else did you apply?

They all sound really good places to go to! do you mind me asking what grades you got in AS? and what subjects you're taking?
I applied for all sports rehab at Nottingham, Salford, Bradford, Hull and Bolton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending