The Student Room Group

Medicine 2015 Entry Thread Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
If I were holding more than 2 offers, I'd reply soon after making your mind up, so that people who don't have any offers (ie those on St Georges waiting list) can benefit from the place that I would reject.

This is just my opinion.
I don't mean that people here should do as I said.
Just got my first offer!! :smile:
Original post by JMJ_1996

Congratulations. UEA isn't it? Pleased for you. Are you waiting for any other replies? At least the pressure is off for you now.
Original post by Yorkshire_Lad
Congratulations. UEA isn't it? Pleased for you. Are you waiting for any other replies? At least the pressure is off for you now.

Yeah thank you! Yeah bristol and Liverpool. Yeah haah
Yeah thank you! Yeah bristol and Liverpool. Yeah haah

There's a Medicine 2015 entry offer holders thread here on TSR that you might like to join (if you aren't watching it already) - for any med school offers
Did you think your interview went well at manchester?

I knew there was a lot I could have improved on but yeah I thought it went alright

Congrats :smile: great news
3rd offer came today! (totally wasn't expecting any response during the weekend lol) :smile:
Original post by Medboy100
3rd offer came today! (totally wasn't expecting any response during the weekend lol) :smile:

Omg on a weekend?! Congrats!! Which uni is it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fluffy123
Omg on a weekend?! Congrats!! Which uni is it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you and it was from Barts! :smile:
Reply 210
I was looking for some advice.

I've received 1 offer so far, but am thinking of turning it down because I don't really like the university. I'm also waiting post interview for another one of my choices, and although (last year anyway) 75% of interviewees get offers, I doubt I'll get an offer from them, because the interview went horrendously.

My question is, would it be a wise move to turn down an offer to reapply for 2016 entry?
Original post by 786687

I've received 1 offer so far, but am thinking of turning it down because I don't really like the university. I'm also waiting post interview for another one of my choices, and although (last year anyway) 75% of interviewees get offers, I doubt I'll get an offer from them, because the interview went horrendously.

My question is, would it be a wise move to turn down an offer to reapply for 2016 entry?

Which Uni is this and what don't you like about it. Personally I would say it is very unwise considering the fact that it is so difficult to get in and just getting 1 offer puts you in the top 30% of applicants in the country.
If you were to refuse the place you'd obviously have to reapply for next year and I'd say it's pointless to go through the whole stress of retaking exams like the UKCAT and/or BMAT, rewriting the personal statement and doing the interviews again and trying to pass the time (gap years may sound fun, but for medic applicants you can't really travel until you've had all your interviews so it's quite boring up until March).
Honesty, even tho you may not like the uni you'll still get what so many ppl are gunning for: a medical degree and the choice of uni won't impact your job prospects for foundation training, that's down to your final exams scores (everyone sits the same exams in the end).
Just take the offer and make the best of it. The Uni can't be that bad that you don't wanna go. Lol. I'm sure you'll hav a great time, a much better first year at this Uni than taking the year out to reapply.
Original post by 786687

I would definitely not turn it down, some people would live to be in your position. It rly doesn't matter where you go to university it's about what you make it and it's about the fact you'll be a doctor afterwards. If you rly didn't like it then why did you apply there? I went to see one I hated and so I didn't apply
Original post by 786687

My question is, would it be a wise move to turn down an offer to reapply for 2016 entry?[/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 786687

Take the offer! It really isn't worth going through all the hassle of ukcat/bmat and interviews again - also you've done really well to obtain this one offer, just remember that a lot of applicants don't even receive a single offer!
Hey guys Plymouth medical school vs Exeter medical school?? Having trouble deciding which one to firm. Lol. Any pros and cons of each?
Original post by Haider302
Hey guys Plymouth medical school vs Exeter medical school?? Having trouble deciding which one to firm. Lol. Any pros and cons of each?

Haven't been to plymouth but quite liked exeter as a place as it's a city and also near the beach and stuff. Although it's very much that med students are separate from others not being on the main campus and stuff, so I guess that's something to consider
So I have two offers , Leicester and barts , not sure which to choose , barts has a better reputation and Leicester is getting a brand new medical school , any help appreciated ?
Original post by Scowley12
So I have two offers , Leicester and barts , not sure which to choose , barts has a better reputation and Leicester is getting a brand new medical school , any help appreciated ?

I'm trying to decide between Bart's and Kings - I guess I'd suggest doing the same as I am; going to both offer holder open days, making a pros and cons list, talking to current and ex-students, and mostly just go with your gut.
Reply 219
Any advice for deciding between UEA and Birmingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending