The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
Also got my test mark back (the one I had a massive panic-attack-freak-out in a couple weeks back) - I got 70%. :colone: Super happy with that. :eek:

That is a nice surprise!

Original post by PandaWho
We t to the drs, got meds :woo:
Not put on weight since i was last weighed :party:

You have to be glad!

Original post by ParadoxSocks
I'm teaching pshe in school at the moment and it's a mental health unit. The pupils each have a mental illness or symptom to create a presentation about to inform pupils about what each one is and what you can do if it's happening to you or those around you. So far, so good. So there's 8 in total. Some are quite "safe"... OCD (except for the fact it triggers my OCD to talk about it), dementia and then others are not so safe so ED and other not so pleasant things.

I just worry about my ability to teach if things like that could happen.

Well, while I think, that you will be probably allways be in a position to be exposed to anything at a teacher, though you need to be prepared, I think the warning was sensible, because you never know, whether a student will be triggered, too. On the other hand, maybe you should try to cooperate with another teacher, so you can provide your students with all informations and don't be trigger yourself. Because I think for a pupil who never had any contact to a mental problem, it might be good go use various sources and have the best learning outcome. (Of course I don't talk about some rubbish videos, but videos/picture, which actually do inform). Then the student would have access to a library, where they could access on their own, not trigger anyone but still be allowed to be very curious.

Original post by Sabertooth
:cry2: Why me?

What is going on?
mum got her present, she's not opening it till tomorrow but she sent me a lovely text saying thanks so I feel all happy now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
sigh
Genuinely feel awful today, just really hate the way my life is headed. Not a day goes by where I feel comfortable. It's so exhausting and defeating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My fiancee's ridiculously expensive engagement ring just split and trapped her finger in the gap. She was screaming and screaming and her dad had to get the pliers to pull it open to release her finger.

Now going to sit in a corner and cry.

eta: i realise that this sounds like I'm upset at the damaged ring. i didn't mean it like that. i'm super upset that something i bought for her caused her to start screaming the house down in pain :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
My fiancee's ridiculously expensive engagement ring just split and trapped her finger in the gap. She was screaming and screaming and her dad had to get the pliers to pull it open to release her finger.

eta: i realise that this sounds like I'm upset at the damaged ring. i didn't mean it like that. i'm super upset that something i bought for her caused her to start screaming the house down in pain :frown:

It wasnt your fault! Rings split unfortunately! No matter how expensive or cheap they are!

She wont blame you at all, can you ask her for a cuddle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: sorry to hear that. remember you're not responsible though - there is no way you could have predicted that was going to happen and there's nothing you could have done to prevent it! are you able to take it back?
Hello all. Just on the perils of having cfs, depression and anxiety.

Too many mood swings in one day, might as well let the multiple personality diagnosis roll on in (it's not thankfully)

Take it back immediately. She won't be annoyed at you for it happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shethoughtaloud

Too many mood swings in one day, might as well let the multiple personality diagnosis roll on in (it's not thankfully)

:wavey: Also CFS here, and undiagnosed depression/maybe anxiety (I'll go to the doctors one day... :colondollar:). The mood swings can be awful, particularly when CFS is worse I can go between extremes anythingup to a couple of times in an hour and it's horrible :s-smilie: Not sure what else to say, but basically welcome! :smile:

--------
Felt alright this morning and was really productive, completely crashed now and mood's gone right down. Almost passed out in town too and then did when I got home, at least it's less embarrassing here though I guess. Hope everyone's ok, anyway :grouphugs:

Have you seen the CFS / ME society thread in Health?

And welcome!
Original post by james1211
Take it back immediately. She won't be annoyed at you for it happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bought it back in late December/Early January so I don't know how this works now :/ I'm really not happy. She's completely fine and not blaming me at all but I feel hella guilty :frown:

Original post by PandaWho
It wasnt your fault! Rings split unfortunately! No matter how expensive or cheap they are!

She wont blame you at all, can you ask her for a cuddle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's okay with me. I just feel a bit dreadful is all :frown: Cuddle up on the settee with ladywife and puppy now though.

Original post by ScaryScience
:hugs: sorry to hear that. remember you're not responsible though - there is no way you could have predicted that was going to happen and there's nothing you could have done to prevent it! are you able to take it back?

I know. I need to remember that. I blame myself for every little thing :frown:
I bought it back in late December/Early January so I don't know how this works now :/ I'm really not happy. She's completely fine and not blaming me at all but I feel hella guilty :frown:

She's okay with me. I just feel a bit dreadful is all :frown: Cuddle up on the settee with ladywife and puppy now though.

I'd assume you'd be covered for at least a year against defects, which this clearly is. Also don't be hard on yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You absolutely need to take it back. My mum had a sapphire ring which snapped 7 years after she bought it and they replaced it for her - jewellery which is more expensive than costume jewellery should not break, especially a matter of a few months after purchase
I'm getting horrible visual hallucinations.

s/h

Anyone got tips for dealing with this? I fall for it every time and it's only once I calm down that things return to normal.

Only got a few hours sleep last night. I had hoped so much that the eszopiclone would work but it took me over 2 hours to fall asleep after taking it then kept waking up. I was stupid to think that my sleeping problem would be solved. :banghead: I just can't relax, I'm so on edge constantly and diazepam is doing next to nothing at 10mg.

I increased the haldol which I was told would help with the anxiety - anyone know how long it would take to do that?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
:wavey: Also CFS here, and undiagnosed depression/maybe anxiety (I'll go to the doctors one day... :colondollar:). The mood swings can be awful, particularly when CFS is worse I can go between extremes anythingup to a couple of times in an hour and it's horrible :s-smilie: Not sure what else to say, but basically welcome! :smile:

--------
Felt alright this morning and was really productive, completely crashed now and mood's gone right down. Almost passed out in town too and then did when I got home, at least it's less embarrassing here though I guess. Hope everyone's ok, anyway :grouphugs:
Hi thanks for the warm welcome :smile: yeah it's like as if mental torment isn't enough... Your body has to go and ruin any progress you make with the psychological side of things :frown:.

Aw that's horrible did you have someone with you at the time? Was it a panic attack type thing or more cfs related?

Original post by OU Student
Have you seen the CFS / ME society thread in Health?

And welcome!
Hi thanks for the welcome and heads up about the other society :smile: I've posted there too.

Just echoing what everybody else has said really but the same happened to my mum's wedding ring. They took it back and swapped it no problem :smile:

Original post by furryface12

--------

Hope you're alright :hugs:
not feeling good at al :frown: feeling on edge of flashback :frown:
Pretty sure all the years of dislocating my shoulder has caused a damaged collar bone :s-smilie: its really hurting tonight, like sharp pain hurting :s-smilie:

Sighhhh

Want to eat rubbish ngl gonna have to bake me thinks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi thanks for the warm welcome :smile: yeah it's like as if mental torment isn't enough... Your body has to go and ruin any progress you make with the psychological side of things :frown:.

Aw that's horrible did you have someone with you at the time? Was it a panic attack type thing or more cfs related?

Hi thanks for the welcome and heads up about the other society :smile: I've posted there too.

Exactly! It makes it harder to keep busy too, which just leaves more time to overthink everything and get in a mess I find :redface:

My sister was in a shop and I was waiting outside with the dog, so she came out after a while. CFS, I knew walking into town and standing there for a bit wasn't going to go well but that'll teach me to leave mothers day to the last minute I suppose!

Original post by Anonymous #2
Just echoing what everybody else has said really but the same happened to my mum's wedding ring. They took it back and swapped it no problem :smile:

Hope you're alright :hugs:

I'll be fine, thanks. Are you ok? :hugs:

Original post by ScaryScience
not feeling good at al :frown: feeling on edge of flashback :frown:

:jumphug: Around if talking would help? :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest