The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Snoopyuk33
The contract was sent problably a month after I confirmed my starting date

Hi snoopy I recieved this e mail today from vetting office:
What do this mean

Our records indicate that we have completed processing your application and have returned the paperwork to your Sponsoring Government Organisation. You will need to contact them to determine the outcome. We do not make the decision on your clearance. This is done by them.
I had my checks cleared on the 20th jan, then given few starting dates I picked March because I needed 4 weeks notice from my current job

So will I hear from home office now soon
Reply 642
Original post by Yazdani_uk

The 1st I knew of security clearance was when I got an email from Home office vetting section saying I had passed clearance, I only received one email but London may be different.
Reply 643
Original post by jen89
nope not heard anything I don't think we will either till about march ive just got a feeling they wont start us till April tho as its the new tax year so kinda makes sense but guess they could still inform people

Have you got a start date yet Jen?
Original post by Jukie
The 1st I knew of security clearance was when I got an email from Home office vetting section saying I had passed clearance, I only received one email but London may be different.

I thought you are starting in London
Reply 645
I thought you are starting in London

No I am for Liverpool/Southport.
Reply 646
Original post by Jukie
Have you got a start date yet Jen?

hey yeah sent me a email saying start date is 10th April but i said i couldn't do that date or 17th so i'm starting 24th April

have you been given one yet?
Original post by jen89
hey yeah sent me a email saying start date is 10th April but i said i couldn't do that date or 17th so i'm starting 24th April

have you been given one yet?

No
Reply 648
[QUOTE="jen89;54322253"]hey yeah sent me a email saying start date is 10th April but i said i couldn't do that date or 17th so i'm starting 24th April

have you been given one yet?[/QUOTE
Yes next week.
Reply 649
[QUOTE="Jukie;54349221"]
Original post by jen89

have you been given one yet?[/QUOTE
Yes next week.

got there eventually bet you cant wait
Original post by Jukie
No I am for Liverpool/Southport.

Absolutely delighted for you x
Anyone on the reserve list at all ?

Sorry for the delay in replying to you, it seems a bit strange if I were you I would get in touch with then asap, the email I got once checks were done

Further to our previous communication, I am pleased to inform you that all pre-appointment checks have been completed satisfactorily. I am now able to proceed to confirm your appointment within the Home Office with a start date of 20/03/2015.

You will receive written confirmation of your appointment from the Home Office Shared Service Centre (SSC) shortly. In the meantime if you have any queries in relation to your appointment letter please contact SSC on 0845 010 0122.

May I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your appointment and wish you every success in your new role.

Yours sincerely,

Civil Service Resourcing

Reading your message again it looks like they have completed your checks , but the SSC have not made a decision yet give them a call on 0845 010 0122.
So after all that waiting they called me today to say that they've cut 14 positions and that means I no longer get a job. I turned down jobs because of them.
Original post by Nebby123
So after all that waiting they called me today to say that they've cut 14 positions and that means I no longer get a job. I turned down jobs because of them.

You are kidding !! That is shocking !!
Sorry for the delay in replying to you, it seems a bit strange if I were you I would get in touch with then asap, the email I got once checks were done

Further to our previous communication, I am pleased to inform you that all pre-appointment checks have been completed satisfactorily. I am now able to proceed to confirm your appointment within the Home Office with a start date of 20/03/2015.

You will receive written confirmation of your appointment from the Home Office Shared Service Centre (SSC) shortly. In the meantime if you have any queries in relation to your appointment letter please contact SSC on 0845 010 0122.

May I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your appointment and wish you every success in your new role.

Yours sincerely,

Civil Service Resourcing

Reading your message again it looks like they have completed your checks , but the SSC have not made a decision yet give them a call on 0845 010 0122.

Thank you snoopy

Nebby ru London candidate or outside??? Full time or part time
Nebby ru London candidate or outside??? Full time or part time

London part time *sigh*
London part time *sigh*

That's really unfair! Had you filled in all the security forms before they told you this?
Hi everyone, who is starting in the Liverpool office the end of this month? My training was initially suppose to be in southport but been changed to Liverpool. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending