The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by Hmht
People who have firmed, what accommodation are you all looking at? :smile: ive firmed chemistry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

to be honest i'm pretty unsure and confused! leaning toward en-suite at the moment but from what I've read on here shared isn't as bad as I thought it would be! what about you?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 721
Original post by nope..
to be honest i'm pretty unsure and confused! leaning toward en-suite at the moment but from what I've read on here shared isn't as bad as I thought it would be! what about you?

Yea i suppose it all depends on how much of a student loan you want haha :P Im looking at sherbourne or lakeside because I like modern accommodation but the prices have gone up a fair bit from last year :/ also im looking for 39 weeks rather than 30 weeks so jm and av and some others are out of the equation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 722
Original post by Hmht
Yea i suppose it all depends on how much of a student loan you want haha :P Im looking at sherbourne or lakeside because i modern accommodation but the prices have gone up a fair bit from last year :/ also im looking for 39 weeks rather than 30 weeks so jm and av and some others are out of the equation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was considering those! i dont really mind walking down to gibbet hill as im a pretty quick walker! (Even with my tiny legs haha)
think jm&av are now 34 week lets!
Reply 723
Original post by nope..
I was considering those! i dont really mind walking down to gibbet hill as im a pretty quick walker! (Even with my tiny legs haha)
think jm&av are now 34 week lets!

Ah cool! Yea they say its a 20 min walk, i bet its 10 as i walk quick too :P hahaha are you short? :P oh right, i still really need a 39 week let as family may not be home at easter and christmas holidays, or at least some of it so i cant get my stuff home :smile: To be honest they open AV and JM on the open days and i didnt really like them much, they were a bit old if you know what i mean? Just had that slightly colder feel to them than a more modern place would have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 724
Original post by Hmht
Ah cool! Yea they say its a 20 min walk, i bet its 10 as i walk quick too :P hahaha are you short? :P oh right, i still really need a 39 week let as family may not be home at easter and christmas holidays, or at least some of it so i cant get my stuff home :smile: To be honest they open AV and JM on the open days and i didnt really like them much, they were a bit old if you know what i mean? Just had that slightly colder feel to them than a more modern place would have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahh exactly! and it'll be good exercise (i'll end up eating my own words with that one lol). And yep 5ft2 and a tiny little bit! Ahh right! 39 week would be great for you then! And i know what you mean jm&av are now more expensive than sherbourne too :/
Original post by All Day
Waiting on LSE but I've got Warwick.

If it came to it, I really don't know who I'd choose.

It comes down to London being incredible vs LSE's social life being ****, LSE being more reputable internationally, but one would have less opportunities at LSE to fill out your own CV, imo, and Warwick is cheaper.

Can you really say no to 'LSE' being written on your CV?

Hah yeh thats true. but i made my decision for now and im rejecting LSE for Warwick. Purely because the accommodation is too expensive. I live in london... 40 mins away by underground and living in Halls seem a waste of money. I hate to live at home, miss out on all the social stuff- itll be like going to school for another 3 years which is fkd up. I have the balls to reject lse though, i know that many people would choose lse over warwick just because of the reputation. Warwick is a heck of a lot cheaper and its just as good but not internationally obvs.
Original post by drgainz
Hah yeh thats true. but i made my decision for now and im rejecting LSE for Warwick. Purely because the accommodation is too expensive. I live in london... 40 mins away by underground and living in Halls seem a waste of money. I hate to live at home, miss out on all the social stuff- itll be like going to school for another 3 years which is fkd up. I have the balls to reject lse though, i know that many people would choose lse over warwick just because of the reputation. Warwick is a heck of a lot cheaper and its just as good but not internationally obvs.

I work as a Warwick Student Ambassador, and recently met with a number of potential students, and there were several who were in fact turning down offers from LSE, and firming Warwick in order to have the Campus/Student experience, which one cannot properly get at a London Uni.
One thing to bear in mind is that LSE is definitely more selective. 52% of Warwick applicants get offers, compared to 11% of LSE's.
Reply 728
Original post by nope..
Yeahh exactly! and it'll be good exercise (i'll end up eating my own words with that one lol). And yep 5ft2 and a tiny little bit! Ahh right! 39 week would be great for you then! And i know what you mean jm&av are now more expensive than sherbourne too :/

Hahaha yea itll probably be the only exercise that I will do :wink: oh right, well at least you walk fast though :smile: tbh 5 2 isnt that short, i know many others shorter than that haha :P yea but tbh if you don't mind the walk sherbourne is the better option! And if you go there at least you may know me, well slightly haha :P are you on the Warwick firmers Facebook group? :smile: what offer do you have? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone post the link to the offer holders fb group? The one I found only has like 5 members??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 730
Original post by milkberries
Can someone post the link to the offer holders fb group? The one I found only has like 5 members??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure :smile: it should be https://www.facebook.com/groups/792168184190927/?ref=bookmarks let me know if it doesn't work or something :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 731
Original post by Hmht
Hahaha yea itll probably be the only exercise that I will do :wink: oh right, well at least you walk fast though :smile: tbh 5 2 isnt that short, i know many others shorter than that haha :P yea but tbh if you don't mind the walk sherbourne is the better option! And if you go there at least you may know me, well slightly haha :P are you on the Warwick firmers Facebook group? :smile: what offer do you have? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im one of the shortest at my sixth form! And nope, i'll join now! And ABB for biomed! You?
Original post by Hmht
Sure :smile: it should be https://www.facebook.com/groups/792168184190927/?ref=bookmarks let me know if it doesn't work or something :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol kind of annoyed that the group name isn't capitalized... and the header is so ugly :/ haha anyways, thanks for the link!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 733
Original post by nope..
Im one of the shortest at my sixth form! And nope, i'll join now! And ABB for biomed! You?

Do you not like being short? :P ok :smile: ah cool! AAB masters in chemistry and ABB Bsc chemistry :smile: i just liked Warwick that much i accepted both :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 734
Original post by milkberries
Lol kind of annoyed that the group name isn't capitalized... and the header is so ugly :/ haha anyways, thanks for the link!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha so close to finding it :wink: anytime :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 735
Original post by Hmht
Do you not like being short? :P ok :smile: ah cool! AAB masters in chemistry and ABB Bsc chemistry :smile: i just liked Warwick that much i accepted both :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats great!! Its pretty annoying! Filling burettes is a pain haha!
Original post by nope..

So, you're considering Sherbourne then? It does look lovely but I must admit that the price puts me off a little. Then there's the fact that because it's ensuite, it's really popular so you'd have less of a chance getting placed there... At the moment I'm thinking Rootes or Westwood, to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 737
Original post by LumosNox
So, you're considering Sherbourne then? It does look lovely but I must admit that the price puts me off a little. Then there's the fact that because it's ensuite, it's really popular so you'd have less of a chance getting placed there... At the moment I'm thinking Rootes or Westwood, to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its the ensuite thats swaying me at the moment but im kind of open to all! Need to start making some decisions soon haha
Reply 738
I'm having a hard time deciding whether to choose Warwick (34 points) or KCL (35 points) for my insurance...
Reply 739
Who's firming Warwick? And What accommodation is best for freshers?

Quick Reply

Latest