The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nat1_3
Anyone heard about their progress for the HR stream?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope! I had my AC on the 25th Feb and have had no news since then! When was your AC? I think that if we haven't heard in the first week we have been amber-banded. I emailed parity and they said we may receive the outcome the week commencing the 23rd March, if not it probably won't be til mid-April when the final pass mark is set and all FSACs completed.
Reply 2481
Original post by kalbean
Nope! I had my AC on the 25th Feb and have had no news since then! When was your AC? I think that if we haven't heard in the first week we have been amber-banded. I emailed parity and they said we may receive the outcome the week commencing the 23rd March, if not it probably won't be til mid-April when the final pass mark is set and all FSACs completed.

I had mine on the 4th March, I'm guessing I'm in the amber zone just wondered if anyone had had a definitive answer either way yet. I didn't hear anything until April last time so it's likely to be the same again I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foreordained99
My results were updated today - unsuccessful for DS. Score of 17.26 so I have no idea why I've been in the amber band for so long :s
Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Same for me. How did you find out your score?
Original post by Charlie86520
Same for me. How did you find out your score?

It's on the first page of the FSAC report - Go to my applications and click on view results and there should be a button before the "ok" button. It may be that they haven't uploaded your report yet though.
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the "Policy Recommendation Exercise". There are two options and you have to advocate/recommend one option. A candidate should spend 105 minutes on policy recommendation, whereas the final 15 minutes are for recommending another option. What is another option? Do you need to recommend a hypothetical option yourself?

Is anyone going to FSAC on 18th of March 2015? Mine is on 18th.

Looking forward,
Shahbaz Ahmad
Reply 2485
Original post by Shahbaz Ahmad
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the "Policy Recommendation Exercise". There are two options and you have to advocate/recommend one option. A candidate should spend 105 minutes on policy recommendation, whereas the final 15 minutes are for recommending another option. What is another option? Do you need to recommend a hypothetical option yourself?

Looking forward,
Shahbaz Ahmad

I'm pretty sure everyone who has attended is forbidden from discussing the exercises in the level of detail that you're asking for and whilst I appreciate that doesn't help you much, in essence we'd be helping you to cheat if we gave you the full breakdown of our experience on this which defeats the object of the whole exercise and process. I would recommend reading through the candidate guide again on this one, as any other information that you need to be able to complete the tasks is given to you on the day. I would say the interview is the one to prepare for and make sure you know all of the competencies you're being assessed against. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

Looking forward,
Shahbaz Ahmad

You aren't really entitled to that much information - everything you need to know is included in the candidate guide. If you haven't got that, you can download it from the forms section of the applications portal. Read through what it says there. Anything else that you need to know will be explained to you in plenty of detail on the day. Part of what you're being assessed on is your ability to react to the exercises, which are meant to be new to you. If you've had someone explain what they are beforehand, that gives you an unfair advantage over other candidates. The purpose of FSAC is to assess everyone equally, regardless of educational background, life story, and so on.

Original post by Nat1_3
I'm pretty sure everyone who has attended is forbidden from discussing the exercises in the level of detail that you're asking for and whilst I appreciate that doesn't help you much, in essence we'd be helping you to cheat if we gave you the full breakdown of our experience on this which defeats the object of the whole exercise and process. I would recommend reading through the candidate guide again on this one, as any other information that you need to be able to complete the tasks is given to you on the day. I would say the interview is the one to prepare for and make sure you know all of the competencies you're being assessed against. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.
Original post by grownupfrog
You aren't really entitled to that much information - everything you need to know is included in the candidate guide. If you haven't got that, you can download it from the forms section of the applications portal. Read through what it says there. Anything else that you need to know will be explained to you in plenty of detail on the day. Part of what you're being assessed on is your ability to react to the exercises, which are meant to be new to you. If you've had someone explain what they are beforehand, that gives you an unfair advantage over other candidates. The purpose of FSAC is to assess everyone equally, regardless of educational background, life story, and so on.

This.

THANKS for the information. In fact, I wasn't able to scrutinize the statement within the FSAC Guide:

"The second task asks you to step back from the two policy options you have been discussing and to suggest some additional ways to achieve the same government objectives, paying particular attention to the overall implications and to areas of cost, benefits and risks. It is suggested that you use the last 15 of the 105 minutes for this."

I am apologetic that I couldn't explain my question.

Sincerely,

Shahbaz
THANKS for the information. In fact, I wasn't able to scrutinize the statement within the FSAC Guide:

"The second task asks you to step back from the two policy options you have been discussing and to suggest some additional ways to achieve the same government objectives, paying particular attention to the overall implications and to areas of cost, benefits and risks. It is suggested that you use the last 15 of the 105 minutes for this."

I am apologetic that I couldn't explain my question.

Sincerely,

Shahbaz

I really don't know how else to explain it without giving you much more information than you are entitled to. The exercise mostly involves recommending one of two suggested policies, then for the last section you have to come up with other ideas that will achieve the same government objectives, considering the aspects listed there. Is that still unclear?

As I said, you will get further information and explanations when you get there - each exercise begins with the candidates being given all the explanatory materials that they need, so if you have further questions they will be answered on the day.
Reply 2489
Original post by grownupfrog
I really don't know how else to explain it without giving you much more information than you are entitled to. The exercise mostly involves recommending one of two suggested policies, then for the last section you have to come up with other ideas that will achieve the same government objectives, considering the aspects listed there. Is that still unclear?

As I said, you will get further information and explanations when you get there - each exercise begins with the candidates being given all the explanatory materials that they need, so if you have further questions they will be answered on the day.

I agree, it's hard to expand on it any further without giving too much information. All the information you need will be given to you on the day and if your questions can be answered on the day they'll do that before you start the task.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2490
Is anyone still amber for CD and DS?
Original post by Nat1_3
I agree, it's hard to expand on it any further without giving too much information. All the information you need will be given to you on the day and if your questions can be answered on the day they'll do that before you start the task.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems like that's a lot more info than I was given already!
Reply 2492
Original post by GManTheGMan
It seems like that's a lot more info than I was given already!

It's all in the candidates guide, guess it's how you interpret it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just heard that I've made it through to DS FSB!
Reply 2494
Original post by JimsFortis

Congrats! May I ask when your FSAC was?
Original post by Nat1_3
It's all in the candidates guide, guess it's how you interpret it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I meant last year.
Reply 2496
Original post by JimsFortis

Congratulations! I just heard I made it as well :smile:
Reply 2497
Original post by PJ07
Congratulations! I just heard I made it as well :smile:

Ah that's good to see the amber band going in your favour! congratulations!
Reply 2498
Original post by Lauws
Ah that's good to see the amber band going in your favour! congratulations!

Cheers! :smile: on the amber for nearly two months... was so nervous opening that message!
Congratulations to everyone who got a positive result after waiting for so long! Honestly you're all troopers. My assessment centre was only last week and I'm already tearing my hair out with the waiting.

Quick Reply

Latest