The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Master219
AAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Offer!!!! Sooo happy!! Had my interview on 3rd. Cant handle it!! For those still waiting, i didnt receive an email, just looked at UCAS Track randomly and it was there, no email notification or anything. Oh and 22:32 lol, not the usual 22:31 :wink:
Defo my firm choice!!
Hopefully ill see all in October! :smile: Gd luck to those still waiting! :smile:

Wahey, congrats. :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by kes1996
Oh fair enough then, just seemed a bit rude to me! I didn't think it distracted me too much just don't think it went to well overall.

Yeah one interviewer fell asleep after asking his question, and before that he was on his tablet... I think he was on facebook

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AgüeroSergio
Hey I have my interview coming up on Wednesday and I am fretting over all these offers handed out, I am worried that the interviewers won't take me seriously as they will have handed out their offers. Is this true or am I just worrying too much?

You better pray that the interviewers are City fans.
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
You better pray that the interviewers are City fans.

😂😂 not likely, I better not mention it anyway
Original post by Master219
AAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Offer!!!! Sooo happy!! Had my interview on 3rd. Cant handle it!! For those still waiting, i didnt receive an email, just looked at UCAS Track randomly and it was there, no email notification or anything. Oh and 22:32 lol, not the usual 22:31 :wink:
Defo my firm choice!!
Hopefully ill see all in October! :smile: Gd luck to those still waiting! :smile:

OMG well done!!!! See you had nothing to worry about! Congratulations again :biggrin: and to belatedly answer your question, it was via track and I did get an email from ucas lol! Good luck with everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmahmud
OMG well done!!!! See you had nothing to worry about! Congratulations again :biggrin: and to belatedly answer your question, it was via track and I did get an email from ucas lol! Good luck with everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:
such relief!
Lool
Gd luck to u too!! :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Wahey, congrats. :smile:

Haha, thanks! :smile:
Original post by Disgusted Parent
No, they sent an email to apologise for the delay. It appears that there was an issue with the application which can't be sorted in time for the UCAS deadline and so the offer was made due to "the quality of the interview" to avoid having to go through everything again.

As he was already considering a year off, he will accept this, as Imperial was really the only place that he wanted (only did 2 interviews as he wasn't sure about things- if it happened, then great).

As I said before, I am still not happy about the IC procedure when you see all of the stress that people are under when they haven't had feedback after a week!

You should be glad at least he has received an offer! There are many people that haven't got one either pre or post interview that would be so happy to be in his position! He's got what he wanted and you should be celebrating. He also has a year to get work experience to get some ideas of specialties he might be interested in and to do other things like travelling and enjoying a relaxing year!
Original post by kes1996
You should be glad at least he has received an offer! There are many people that haven't got one either pre or post interview that would be so happy to be in his position! He's got what he wanted and you should be celebrating. He also has a year to get work experience to get some ideas of specialties he might be interested in and to do other things like travelling and enjoying a relaxing year!

Original post by Disgusted Parent
He/we is/are now (very!); it was the 8 weeks wait while others were being notified after a week or so that caused extreme stress and no one seemed to know what was going on when they were contacted.

As for the year off, I agree, it is a great position to be in. I also feel sorry for the people who have not got interviews or who have been rejected; it's a damn horrible situation when the majority of people are so capable.

Even though I am pleased he has an offer, the concept of waiting 8 weeks is off putting. And is the offer deferred because of an error not on his behalf? That is the point that frustrates me.

I don't think he should be grateful of the fact that he has an offer because other people havnt - he did work hard for it and the offer justifies the effort he put in.

That being said, Congrats on the offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone who had an interview/offer willing to do a mock interview for me? I have mine next week and I'm really nervous:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do Imperial have a post interview open day?,:smile:
Original post by MedKid123
Do Imperial have a post interview open day?,:smile:

Apparently not. :smile:
Did anyone have an interview on March 10th?
(edited 9 years ago)
anyone have an interview on tuesday?
Meeee have u heard anything back? ??
Original post by Fahad12345

aha i meant the upcoming tuesday (17th) :redface: good luck though!!
Original post by A-Cooky
anyone have an interview on tuesday?

Yup!
Original post by Fahad12345

Original post by Cosmocos
Yup!

Same here! I haven't heard anything yet, have you guys?
Reply 2078
Original post by A-Cooky
aha i meant the upcoming tuesday (17th) :redface: good luck though!!

I have my interview on Tuesday too!
Are you also going on the tour?
Original post by Wasay
I have my interview on Tuesday too!
Are you also going on the tour?

what time is yours? no I'm not :redface: are you? good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending