The Student Room Group

AS OCR B SALTER CHEMISTRY F332 - pre-release booklet 2015

Hi everyone!

I'd thought id start a thread about the pre-release booklet where we can look at possible questions etc.

This years is titled 'Catalysis'

You can find it here....

2015 pre release booklet F332

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
made this for everyone (a discussion of likely questionswould be nice:cool:) http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/206180-unit-f332-advance-notice-june-2015.pdf
Reply 2
It won't let me see it without a username and password:angry:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/206180-unit-f332-advance-notice-june-2015.pdf

Any questions prepared yet? Sitting this privately so that'll be tons of fun.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by tig5er
hi everyone!

I'd thought id start a thread about the pre-release booklet where we can look at possible questions etc.

This years is titled 'catalysis'

you can find it here....

2015 pre release booklet f332

password
Let's get this thread started again..! I have a question, anyone want to explain to me what the hell a Ziegler Natta catalyst is? The pre-lease doesn't make it very clear in my opinion
Reply 7
Original post by buzzkid101
Let's get this thread started again..! I have a question, anyone want to explain to me what the hell a Ziegler Natta catalyst is? The pre-lease doesn't make it very clear in my opinion

I have no clue
Reply 8
hey guys i found a list of some questions on the advanced notice that might come up. we could assess each question and answer them because were not given the answers https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/f332-advance-notice-2015-11043257
Reply 9
Question 1: what is the difference between heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysts?
Reply 10
Question 2: what catalyst are commonly used in industry and why?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Question 3: use figure 1 to explain how the hydrogen ions are acting as a catalyst?
Reply 12
Question 4: explain what is meant by anti knocking property?
Reply 13
Question 5: define hydrogenation?
Reply 14
lets start answering the first 5 questions
Original post by ROYAL-P
Question 1: what is the difference between heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysts?

So do we all agree that the heterogeneous catalyst is an a different physical state to the reactants whilst the homogeneous catalyst is in the same physical state to the reactants?
Is that the only difference/what are others?
Reply 16
Original post by buzzkid101
So do we all agree that the heterogeneous catalyst is an a different physical state to the reactants whilst the homogeneous catalyst is in the same physical state to the reactants?
Is that the only difference/what are others?

heterogeneous catalysts are used alot more in industry and tend to be more stable and degrade much slower than homogeneous catalysts.
Reply 17
examples of homogeneous catalysts are:
-Enzymes
-Ziegler-Natta polymerization
-Hydrogenation
-Transfer hydrogenation
-Hydroformylation
Reply 18
homogeneous catalyst is usually in gas and liquid state while a heterogeneous catalyst surface tends to be in a solid state
It's in the Chemical Storylines under the Polymer Revolution section ( the Ziegler Natta Catalyst )
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending