The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Caz_
Our M1 is projectiles, resolving forces on a plane, general suvat
M2 is moments, centre of mass, energy work and power
m3(which I'm not doing) is circular motion SHM etc...

The discrepancy between exam boards in content is ridiculous. We barely touch differential equations in maths and further maths and some exam boards get to do second order ones! So strange.

What exam board are you on? We only do first/second order differential equations in fp2 on edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Less than 2 months till my first exam ajdjtnnsjje 😩😪

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
Our M1 is projectiles, resolving forces on a plane, general suvat
M2 is moments, centre of mass, energy work and power
m3(which I'm not doing) is circular motion SHM etc...

The discrepancy between exam boards in content is ridiculous. We barely touch differential equations in maths and further maths and some exam boards get to do second order ones! So strange.

Wow, that sucks, I love differential equations! :tongue:

We did basic ones in C4, and now in FP3 we get 1st and 2nd order!

Urgh I forgot about centre of mass in M2, soooooo boring :frown:
After learning the Chemistry of Life (biology chapter in Chemistry A level with CIE) I looked for some past papers, half sure I'd encounter my death in biology-related questions. To my surprise... They were easy!!
I want to cry. I thought this chapter would be my downfall.
Now it's my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues.

Sorry
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
After learning the Chemistry of Life (biology chapter in Chemistry A level with CIE) I looked for some past papers, half sure I'd encounter my death in biology-related questions. To my surprise... They were easy!!
I want to cry. I thought this chapter would be my downfall.
Now it's my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues.

Sorry

The Chemistry world is beating me down
Original post by L'Evil Fish
The Chemistry world is beating me down

But TSR is around for every mood
Original post by rachelc142
What exam board are you on? We only do first/second order differential equations in fp2 on edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile

MEI - Further A2 is so strange for this exam board. Well, fp3 is anyway. We do stuff like Markov chains. multivariable calculus and differential geometry. Fp2 is a bit more normal with complex numbers, hyperbolic trig, polar coordinates, power series. But no second order differential equations!

Might be something to learn over the summer before university...
Original post by _Caz_
MEI - Further A2 is so strange for this exam board. Well, fp3 is anyway. We do stuff like Markov chains. multivariable calculus and differential geometry. Fp2 is a bit more normal with complex numbers, hyperbolic trig, polar coordinates, power series. But no second order differential equations!

Might be something to learn over the summer before university...

Jeez so much more of the abstract stuff then!
Yeah defo, they're not difficult at all, and that's coming from somebody who isn't by any means fantastic at maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah defo, they're not difficult at all, and that's coming from somebody who isn't by any means fantastic at maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find second order easier than first order :laugh:
They're much more mechanic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet :smile: Will probably look at them at some point after exams then :smile:
Student finance was quick to send back how much I'm entitled to.

Just have to send the declaration back and all sorted... Well, until results day where I'll have to make a new bank account and stuff and swap over
Student finance was quick to send back how much I'm entitled to.

Just have to send the declaration back and all sorted... Well, until results day where I'll have to make a new bank account and stuff and swap over

I haven't even started yet, how long does it take? And do you need all decisions to start it?
Original post by Red Fox
I haven't even started yet, how long does it take? And do you need all decisions to start it?

Nah I still haven't heard back from St Andrews so can start whenever

It takes twenty minutes max if you know what you want on your part

Not sure how long parents part takes... But they did it in a day!
I guess I'm back :biggrin:
Original post by MangoFreak

Woaaaaaaah

So how goes everything

Damn, haven't heard from you in ages..

How is everything? Uni stuff, life in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woaaaaaaah

So how goes everything

Original post by Princepieman
Damn, haven't heard from you in ages..

How is everything? Uni stuff, life in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Ite :tongue:

Antidepressants + good grades = muy bueno

I'm looking at working with some pretty cool tech/engineering companies during the ol' gap year, will hopefully apply to Cam assuming **** don't go wrong this year.

"I'm in a good place" has become a mantra of mine recently.

I'm doing M2-4 :awesome:

My F.Maths class of originally 6 has dwindled to just me.
I left after getting tired of seeing so many crap posts on TSR :mmm: That, and personal circumstances meant I just needed to hide in a hole for a while. Otherwise I would have just stuck to this thread to avoid the bull****.
'Ite :tongue:

Antidepressants + good grades = muy bueno

I'm looking at working with some pretty cool tech/engineering companies during the ol' gap year, will hopefully apply to Cam assuming **** don't go wrong this year.

"I'm in a good place" has become a mantra of mine recently.

I'm doing M2-4 :awesome:

My F.Maths class of originally 6 has dwindled to just me.

:woo: es bueno :wink:

Oooh nice! Long term work experience or?

Wahay, can join me :biggrin: (at Christ's or one of the other colleges)

I think I need a mantra like that tbh

M4, nice! You being taught that?

You lucky bugger. I still have 17 others...
:woo: es bueno :wink:

Oooh nice! Long term work experience or?

Wahay, can join me :biggrin: (at Christ's or one of the other colleges)

I think I need a mantra like that tbh

M4, nice! You being taught that?

You lucky bugger. I still have 17 others...

It's that EDT Year in Industry scheme someone on here linked me. I'm not guaranteed anything, I'm submitting my CV and being interviewed (hopefully), but there are places reserved for people on this scheme. There's a green, advanced ventilation company in Cambridge that looks great, a diverse tech company in St. Ives (Cambridgeshire) that looks awesome (small company, like 30 people), and a few other places I've applied to. Haven't heard back about interviews for anyone yet.

I'll apply to King's, definitely :biggrin:

F.Maths lessons at this point are our teachers doing whatever work they have to do and our self-teaching, asking for help if we need it. There are still two other people in my class, they just don't do F.Maths anymore (I'm really the only person in the school for whom it's actually important). They just decided to stay in the class anyway (it is a better class :mmm:).

I hope you're okay too :smile:

Latest