The Student Room Group

Help For AS AQA Psychology Students

Hello!

I'm currently taking A2 Psychology after achieving a very high A grade for AS. As I still remember a fair bit from AS and have all my notes, I'm willing to help anybody currently studying AS Psychology. I'm happy to send my notes, help with A02, help you understand any studies/theories and answer any questions you may have :smile:
what spec are you doing psych a or b?
:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by amyrobinson
what spec are you doing psych a or b?

I'm doing Psych A :smile:
do you have your notes on a word document?
Reply 4
Can I borrow some notes please, preferably on Research Methods?
Can I have some notes please, on all of Unit 1? i've revised most of Unit 1 but I'd like to see if there's anything i've missed out!! That would be great!!:smile:
is anyone doing spec B? :/
Reply 7
Original post by mathsman21
do you have your notes on a word document?

Original post by James_98
Can I borrow some notes please, preferably on Research Methods?

Original post by rebeccar16
Can I have some notes please, on all of Unit 1? i've revised most of Unit 1 but I'd like to see if there's anything i've missed out!! That would be great!!:smile:

Unfortunately I don't have any notes on research methods. My Unit 1 notes are more bullet point based with the key points you need to know for each section. My Unit 2 notes are a lot more detailed. Please note for some of the areas, the studies I've used may be different to the ones your teachers use - the exam doesn't restrict you to using certain studies for some aspects. Please message me your email addresses and which notes you'd like and I'll send them off to you in a word document :smile:
Can you please help me with a question on obedience? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by hereticalpilgrim
Can you please help me with a question on obedience? :smile:

Sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It;'s question 5 from the June 2012 paper and there's a table and then it's like
'what do these results suggest about the power of confederates in variations of Milgram's study'
I looked at the mark scheme but I don't understand it still??
Original post by hereticalpilgrim
It;'s question 5 from the June 2012 paper and there's a table and then it's like
'what do these results suggest about the power of confederates in variations of Milgram's study'
I looked at the mark scheme but I don't understand it still??

This is my model answer:
Two obedient confederates means participants are more likely to obey (92.5%) than those in the room with two disobedient confederates (10%). This demonstrates the role of consensus and social support. When both confederates obeyed, this pressured the participant to agree with the majority and feel encouraged to continue.
When participants and experimenter were in the same room, the participants are more likely to obey. This demonstrates the role of proximity. The participant would feel less pressured to obey if they couldn't see the authoritive figure (experimenter).

You have two contrasting conditions; whether the experimenter was in the room or not, and whether the confederates were obedient or disobedient; so break up your answer into two. First you state the difference in the values for disobedient and obedient confederates. Hopefully you should be familiar with the explanations of obedience e.g. gradual commitment, social support etc. You use one of these to elaborate your point, as you can see in my model answer. You then do the same for the second point.

I hope that makes sense!
Original post by prophetkid
This is my model answer:
Two obedient confederates means participants are more likely to obey (92.5%) than those in the room with two disobedient confederates (10%). This demonstrates the role of consensus and social support. When both confederates obeyed, this pressured the participant to agree with the majority and feel encouraged to continue.
When participants and experimenter were in the same room, the participants are more likely to obey. This demonstrates the role of proximity. The participant would feel less pressured to obey if they couldn't see the authoritive figure (experimenter).

You have two contrasting conditions; whether the experimenter was in the room or not, and whether the confederates were obedient or disobedient; so break up your answer into two. First you state the difference in the values for disobedient and obedient confederates. Hopefully you should be familiar with the explanations of obedience e.g. gradual commitment, social support etc. You use one of these to elaborate your point, as you can see in my model answer. You then do the same for the second point.

I hope that makes sense!

Thank you so much I understand it a lot more now :smile:
Do you mind if you help me out on just one more question pls (sorry haha) :smile:
It's

Brett and Sahil both work for the same company and have been talking aboutrecent changes at work. Brett said that his pay is now dependent on other people’sperformance and that his department has introduced tighter deadlines and more rigidworking hours. Since these changes were made, he has had more days off sick andis concerned that his health is beginning to suffer. There have been no changes inSahil’s department and he said that he hardly ever takes days off sick. Explain why Brett might have been affected by the changes in his department. Refer topsychological research into workplace stress in your answer.

I don't know how to link research from Marmot et al. and Johansson et al. to the stem?
also how are you supposed to get 6 marks on this i'm so confused as I can only think of these two researchers???
Do you have any tips for answering methods? I find it easy to understand the content, but I often don't realise what the questions are asking me. Thank you!
Original post by prophetkid
Unfortunately I don't have any notes on research methods. My Unit 1 notes are more bullet point based with the key points you need to know for each section. My Unit 2 notes are a lot more detailed. Please note for some of the areas, the studies I've used may be different to the ones your teachers use - the exam doesn't restrict you to using certain studies for some aspects. Please message me your email addresses and which notes you'd like and I'll send them off to you in a word document :smile:

[email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest