The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zakir Nike.
Bro, come queen mary. You can meet me in real life. Jameel goes queen mary as well... It's gonna be sick with the three of us

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

She is doing law.
She is not a guy,Binarythoughts is a female.
She worked too hard just to get into a lower ranked uni just to meet some people.
I just watched the BBC Big Questions episode from today. Abdullah Al-Andalusi mentioned that converts to Islam face a lot of similar issues that ex-Muslims also do.

Has anyone been through anything here? Or know how common this stuff is in the UK? Any stories?
Original post by binarythoughts
Umm, a couple of things:

As I established before, I'm not a guy
I have not idea who Jameel is
I didn't apply to Queen Mary

Good. Don't stoop to their levels by going to queen Mary. Aim higher.
Original post by crosstalk
Good. Don't stoop to their levels by going to queen Mary. Aim higher.

I still have UCL on my plate, so don't worry
Original post by Zakir Nike.
Wa alaikum assalaam.

I got a conditional offer from kcl. Don't think i'll be going there though. I'm firming queen mary :yes: :cool:
Posted from TSR Mobile

What course?

Edit: Wonder if it's a permanent ban.
(edited 9 years ago)
[video="youtube;D1gNNlgElJg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1gNNlgElJg[/video]
Umm, a couple of things:

As I established before, I'm not a guy
I have not idea who Jameel is
I didn't apply to Queen Mary

Time to use that pink symbol. :wink:
Original post by Ankabout
Time to use that pink symbol. :wink:

Nah, I have my reasons not to

Salaam,

Doing Law at QM is a different ball game. It is highly rated and recognised by law firms, they are also the richest department alongside Bart's. They get a lot more compared to the other departments, hence their own law department, own buildings, plenty of law events for recruitment.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It is permanent, Zakir was a dupe of QuantumSuicide.

Interesting.
Original post by Iqbal007
Salaam,

Doing Law at QM is a different ball game. It is highly rated and recognised by law firms, they are also the richest department alongside Bart's. They get a lot more compared to the other departments, hence their own law department, own buildings, plenty of law events for recruitment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But then going to UCL or KCL is big quantum leap from QM.

KCL and UCL has a better rep and prestige which is very important in law.Binary is on a higher level now ,why should she jump back to ground state just to bring a Internet friendship to physical reality?

Qmul is a good uni but KCL/UCL trumps it.
Nah, I have my reasons not to

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you can confuse people?
Original post by Iqbal007
Salaam,

WS

I'm sure you're aware that it's not nearly as recognized or ranked as King's or UCL
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

So you can confuse people?

That's one of them :lol:

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

KCL and UCL has a better rep and prestige which is very important in law.Binary is on a higher level now ,why should she jump back to ground state just to bring a Internet friendship to physical reality?

I didn't even apply to QM haha
Also, there's no "Internet friendship" to begin with
Original post by HAnwar
Interesting.

Try contacting the Richard Dawkins.

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

UCL > KCL.

If you're choosing between UCL and KCL, bear in mind (when making your decision) that UCL is a first university in England to accept women on equal terms with men.
That's one of them :lol:

I didn't even apply to QM haha
Also, there's no "Internet friendship" to begin with

Ouch,your so ruthless,may all future lawyers/barristers against your future clients in cases fear your wrath.You will make a fine lawyer 👍.

Having no gender symbol? You are fuzzy and confusing than quantum mechanics,it's as if you are some embodiment of Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.
Original post by crosstalk
Try contacting the Richard Dawkins.

UCL > KCL.

If you're choosing between UCL and KCL, bear in mind (when making your decision) that UCL is a first university in England to accept women on equal terms with men.

Crosstalk Law:
UCL is better than KCL when it comes to law.QMUL is negligible. 😄😃😊.
Original post by Inve
I have some friends on Steam who absolutely love that game, and Total War Attila. Oops sorry I thought you started the topic but it was actually Tawheed! :tongue: It's here

Yh it's a cool game, I haven't tried Atilla yet :redface:

Ah yh, I've the first page or two on there, same names popping up (as you said) :tongue:
Original post by Kadak
Crosstalk Law:
UCL is better than KCL when it comes to law.QMUL is negligible. .

Plus, QMUL is located in some 'shady' area of East London.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not talking about "internet friendships" and read what I wrote below to binary.
I would say KCL is a leap, but UCL not as great.

WS

I'm sure you're aware that it's not nearly as recognized or ranked as King's or UCL

Ranking means nothing....it's not like employers keep check of the yearly rankings which are very subjective.

Rather you should look at where you want to go, so for example law...you should look at how law firms and schools perceive the university rather than these rankings.

Its a mistake people make when looking at universities by looking at rankings rather than research properly the course itself. Same goes for looking at Russell Group universities which is frankly irrelevant to undergraduates.

Not sure about UCL, but KCL is definitely great for law.

Latest

Trending

Trending