The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Welcome to any newbies :biggrin:

Am back in the UK. Voices kicked off on Friday, triggered by my mum :facepalm: Oh well :erm:

Aww. :jumphug:
Just jbjkhwklgnwgbb.

I'm just so confused and just I don't know :-/ I'm still kinda happy though, so I'm in the happiest bad mood ever :redface:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thanks lovely :kissing2: Feeling OK now but kicking myself for letting the voices drag me down and ruin what should have been a really good day :frown: Plus my supervisor hasn't replied to my email that I sent on Friday and so I'm convinced that she's either dead or hates me :cry:

:console: You're hardly going to be at your most relaxed and able to enjoy yourself when you have people talking in your head though, so don't beat yourself up :frown: And of course she doesn't hate you! She may have forgotten/not gotten round to it on Friday and is probably busy this weekend with it being mother's day. Don't read into it too much :hugs:
Original post by IDukem
Just jbjkhwklgnwgbb.

I'm just so confused and just I don't know :-/ I'm still kinda happy though, so I'm in the happiest bad mood ever :redface:

:penguinhug:
Original post by ScaryScience
:penguinhug:

Thanks! I just feel a friendship is fast becoming a one way street and it's worse when I have legitimately romantic feelings for the girl too. Maybe I'm just destined for uphill battles or perhaps not even loving/being loved at all :lol: (I'm laughing cause I'm joking to cheer myself up with humour at myself, although there's some element of seriousness there too :colondollar:)

:cube:
Just want to stay in bed all day today ><
Original post by IDukem
Thanks! I just feel a friendship is fast becoming a one way street and it's worse when I have legitimately romantic feelings for the girl too. Maybe I'm just destined for uphill battles or perhaps not even loving/being loved at all :lol: (I'm laughing cause I'm joking to cheer myself up with humour at myself, although there's some element of seriousness there too :colondollar:)

:cube:

Ah yes, that is frustrating :console: You are in no way unlovable, not even close though :nah: Please be assured that there is someone out there for you - sometimes, with certain people, it's just not meant to be (whether that be in friendship or romantic relationships). Letting go can be difficult if you really want something to happen but is a necessary way of finding someone who will appreciate you for all of your amazing qualities. What will be, will be. Try not to force things :h:

Original post by rmhumphries

You okay? :console: Are you feeling low, or just tired? :hugs:

:jumphug: hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah yes, that is frustrating :console: You are in no way unlovable, not even close though :nah: Please be assured that there is someone out there for you - sometimes, with certain people, it's just not meant to be (whether that be in friendship or romantic relationships). Letting go can be difficult if you really want something to happen but is a necessary way of finding someone who will appreciate you for all of your amazing qualities. What will be, will be. Try not to force things :h:

The bold bit is only true for the friendship part, the romantic part not so much :smile:

But other than that, ScaryScience thank you telling me what I need to hear :h: So what should I do? I asked to meet up tomozzle and she's free so I want to say my feelings there and then and see what happens. The friendship part will likely tie in too with this :redface:

I'm so useless at this :colondollar: :lol:

:hugs:

You okay? :console: Are you feeling low, or just tired? :hugs:

Feeling low, while I feel tired most of the time, currently reasonably awake, just don't feel like doing anything :s-smilie: How are you doing? :hugs:

Original post by Valvopus
:jumphug: hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hospital is so boring. Little improvement on the voices other than when I have my quetiapine at night I can actually sleep pretty well 'cause it shuts them up and during the day the PRN works ok too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Can't believe how lazy I have become. Just little things like filing papers away, I can't be bothered. I've had a stack of powerpoints (too lazy to make decent lecture notes by myself) on my desk for 3 weeks and they're still here. I never wear make-up anymore because I'd rather have an extra 10 minutes in bed, I never want to do anything, I alternate between the same 4 outfits because I can never be bothered to think what would look good. Need a massive kick up the arse.

Body image
Body image is absolutely awful today, I can't bare to look at myself in the mirror. Just sat here now and I can feel all my fat spilling everywhere, I'm a disgusting pig. I want to burn off all the calories I am putting into my body. I know that isn't good but it's how i got down to my lowest weight

Posted from TSR Mobile
:jumphug: to all.

Today I feel so angst and uptight. I'm getting irritated at even the tiniest thing.

I've had my first glass of wine, alcohol, in well over 3 months, and usually I can feel it straight away because I don't drink much, but nothing. It's weird. I probably shouldn't be drinking because of my mind and that my assessment is in 5 days, but that bottle of wine was crying out for me to open. I got it as a present for Christmas. I'm stupid. :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
Cutting it down to small, manageable steps sounds like a good idea. :yy: What I find helpful is actually making a physical list where I can then cross stuff off - I dunno, something about seeing what you've accomplished can be motivating?

I often make the list, to not forget, what I have to do...I know wil just try to minimize the tasks per day and see whether that functions...

The internet can be a huge distraction sometimes: could you unplug the internet and give the cable to someone else in your house until you've done at least a few things that need doing?

Yeah, not a bad idea, if it get worse. (Or worse again.)Today I actually managed to not use my laptop until lunch, which was a huge progress. I decided, anything urgent could be done by phone and that the amount of time I loose is much higher, than the help I get using the internet looking stuff up. For my project I allways work at uni, so that everyone sees, when I am allways on the internet. (We need to use programs, which only work, when you are attached to the network...)

Today, I just begin cleaning my room as soon as I got up and did not use the internet to read "just" during breakfast. Still did not achieved so much concerning learning, but was much better. During the week I sleep partly elsewhere (taking care of a pet), so hopefully I can use that as a recluse.

I'm not so great tbh. Little sleep and a lot of anxiety. Sucks. :nothing:

Sounds really not that good. Big hugs! I hope you can still do sports? Maybe doing some ecercises at home would do you something good and distract you, while you are in a totally safe environment and probably not getting anxious? Maybe that makes you more sleepy or at least a bit more relaxed?
Original post by IDukem
The bold bit is only true for the friendship part, the romantic part not so much :smile:

But other than that, ScaryScience thank you telling me what I need to hear :h: So what should I do? I asked to meet up tomozzle and she's free so I want to say my feelings there and then and see what happens. The friendship part will likely tie in too with this :redface:

I'm so useless at this :colondollar: :lol:

:hugs:

Afraid I'm no good with this kind of advice - my only advice would be to be honest and hope that she is too - that's all you can do. :hugs:

Feeling low, while I feel tired most of the time, currently reasonably awake, just don't feel like doing anything :s-smilie: How are you doing? :hugs:

Really sorry to hear that :console: Have things got worse recently do you think? Remember it is okay to have a bed day every once in a while, no shame in that at all. :hugs:
Anxiety was playing up at roller derby today, no idea why. I feel over a lot because I couldn't relax enough to keep my balance for any of the more technical drills. When I say fell over I mean at one point I hit the floor and bounced before coming to a stop. My wrist hurts quite a lot so I might see how that is tomorrow. I was wearing wrist guards which took the worst of it but it feels like it's going to bruise pretty badly.
Everyone was really nice while I continued to fall over because just felt so tense that I had no coordination. Someone was trying to help me get my speed up going backwards and I freaked out for some reason and had to take ten minutes to go sit and cry in the toilets. Yes I was still wearing my skates, I can only imagine how bizarre it looked. Got to the end of the session and was debating just coming back to my room to crawl into bed but I figured I should at least go to the pub with everyone to get food. Turned out most the league members had the AGM so there were five of us sitting round and talking which was nice. I was horrifically awkward for an hour or so and then left so I could buy food before the supermarket closed.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Can't believe how lazy I have become. Just little things like filing papers away, I can't be bothered. I've had a stack of powerpoints (too lazy to make decent lecture notes by myself) on my desk for 3 weeks and they're still here. I never wear make-up anymore because I'd rather have an extra 10 minutes in bed, I never want to do anything, I alternate between the same 4 outfits because I can never be bothered to think what would look good. Need a massive kick up the arse.

Body image
Body image is absolutely awful today, I can't bare to look at myself in the mirror. Just sat here now and I can feel all my fat spilling everywhere, I'm a disgusting pig. I want to burn off all the calories I am putting into my body. I know that isn't good but it's how i got down to my lowest weight

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's a difference between being lazy and being ill though, and whilst everyone has some lazy days you are also ill! And motivation (or lack of) can be a big part of that. You still do better than me, I never bothered with makeup in the first place :tongue: But seriously, try not to blame yourself for it :hugs:
:console: You're not a pig- you said so yourself how much you'd lost and I'm sure you didn't need to lose in the first place. If you think back to when you were at your lowest weight, did you feel any better for it? It's just your brain telling you it'll help unfortunately :frown: Sorry, that probably doesn't help at all but thought I should say something :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
totally fed up with people using the word 'psychotic' in a derogatory way as if it's an insult. same as things like 'schizo'. get yourself a ****ing education. seriously.
Feel so weird. Can't do this.
Hi guys! How have you been? :smile: Can't believe it has been over 3 weeks since my last post again :eek:. Weeks are just flying by, not been doing any uni revision at all, no change there. Weather did start improving but has gone crap again, and I don't feel like wearing anything warm underneath now so it feels freezing cold outside. Only have two more weeks of classes to go, and have tests to see how my progress is, so I need to revise. Want a complete change of scenery for a while, but short on money after I spent £560 in one month :redface:. Keep remembering our camping trip last year :biggrin:. Meanwhile I'm still crap in keeping in touch with people, all because I'm just not in the mood to be sociable, which leads to a downward spiral.

Hope others are doing better than me :biggrin:

Latest