The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Iqbal007
I'm not talking about "internet friendships" and read what I wrote below to binary.
I would say KCL is a leap, but UCL not as great.

Ranking means nothing....it's not like employers keep check of the yearly rankings which are very subjective.

Rather you should look at where you want to go, so for example law...you should look at how law firms and schools perceive the university rather than these rankings.

Its a mistake people make when looking at universities by looking at rankings rather than research properly the course itself. Same goes for looking at Russell Group universities which is frankly irrelevant to undergraduates.

Not sure about UCL, but KCL is definitely great for law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol the leap thing was a old quantum theory reference.
Original post by crosstalk
Plus, QMUL is located in some 'shady' area of East London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be sure to add geography to your law.All we need is an equation for your law now.
Plus, QMUL is located in some 'shady' area of East London.

Mile end is not shady, bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite a lot of southerners on here. :tongue:
Original post by R£SP£CT
Quite a lot of southerners on here. :tongue:

Bunch of softies probably :rolleyes:

Need to l2North
Anyway, i think we are getting too caught up in the dunya

The uni you go to for like 3 years means nothing

It's all about the akhira

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
Bunch of softies probably :rolleyes:

Need to l2North

Posted from TSR Mobile

Softies?
Grrr.

UCL > KCL.

If you're choosing between UCL and KCL, bear in mind (when making your decision) that UCL is a first university in England to accept women on equal terms with men.

UCL is supposed to be a better law school and I deliberated on this for a while, but when King's gave me a scholarship, it swayed my decision.

Original post by Kadak
Ouch,your so ruthless,may all future lawyers/barristers against your future clients in cases fear your wrath.You will make a fine lawyer 👍.

Having no gender symbol? You are fuzzy and confusing than quantum mechanics,it's as if you are some embodiment of Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

And the lawyers are the EPR Paradox? :cool:
Original post by Richard Dawkins.
Mile end is not shady, bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aren't you from Oxford, Dawkins?

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be sure to add geography to your law.All we need is an equation for your law now.

y^2=x^2(x+1)
Anyway, i think we are getting too caught up in the dunya

The uni you go to for like 3 years means nothing

It's all about the akhira

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does mean something, a Muslim must make good use of their time whilst alive Quantum and Islam is not against getting an education.

So soft that I heard you lot remove the crust from bread :teehee:
Aren't you from Oxford, Dawkins?

y^2=x^2(x+1)

I'm from the ghettos of the east end

Oxford lol? Some posh, rich mans place? Nah not for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iqbal007
I'm not talking about "internet friendships" and read what I wrote below to binary.
I would say KCL is a leap, but UCL not as great.

Ranking means nothing....it's not like employers keep check of the yearly rankings which are very subjective.

Rather you should look at where you want to go, so for example law...you should look at how law firms and schools perceive the university rather than these rankings.

Its a mistake people make when looking at universities by looking at rankings rather than research properly the course itself. Same goes for looking at Russell Group universities which is frankly irrelevant to undergraduates.

Not sure about UCL, but KCL is definitely great for law.

Employers do appreciate a degree from a top university. King's is close to many law firms and btw UCL and King's have much higher graduate prospects
I'm from the ghettos of the east end

Oxford lol? Some posh, rich mans place? Nah not for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

U wot m8?
Original post by binarythoughts
UCL is supposed to be a better law school and I deliberated on this for a while, but when King's gave me a scholarship, it swayed my decision.

And the lawyers are the EPR Paradox? :cool:

Of course,we now need a John Bell.

U wot m8?

Can you please stop the bullying :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It does mean something, a Muslim must make good use of their time whilst alive Quantum and Islam is not against getting an education.

Indeed we must all seek knowledge

But all in moderation

We shouldnt let worldly things like uni rankings take us away from our main objectives

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Lol,only peasants eat crust, we southerners to well off for crusts.Oh yes, shots were fired. 😄😄😄😊😊😃😜.
Original post by Kadak
Lol,only peasants eat crust, we southerners to well off for crusts.Oh yes, shots were fired. .

if u got sumthn 2 say say it 2 me face
if u got sumthn 2 say say it 2 me face

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you not get jokes or are you electrostatically repulsive to humour?
Original post by binarythoughts
Employers do appreciate a degree from a top university. King's is close to many law firms and btw UCL and King's have much higher graduate prospects

While I agree.....but you need to start to shed the university name and focus on the course itself. So for example, a person who wants to do mechanical engineering and has the grades, if they did their research properly would not apply to UCL.

What I'm saying is that Queen Mary as a whole may not be considered as highly, but when looking at course itself, law at QM is considered highly. I'm just trying to make that distinction, I know of a few people who QMs electrical engineering course to go to Westminster because the course is better over there.

It may help others who look at this post, so they ignore rankings, the RG status and do proper research and look into the course and its standing amongst employers and others.

Latest

Trending

Trending