The Student Room Group

A2 AQA ICT June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Whitbywendy
pre release material for INFO3 exam usually comes out around mid March.
Deadlines for INFO4 will vary depending on your teacher and your school but they have to be submitted to the exam boards by around 10th May or thereabouts. I make sure my students have virtually completed before Easter and then just improvements over the holidays.

Oh mid-march? That's actually quite a lot of time to prepare I guess.

Anyone got any guesses on what it could be or what they would like it to be about?
Original post by sanju-thala
Hi people, who has completed the coursework?

No way near completing the coursework! The teacher is useless. We have no clear guideline what so ever. No feedback, no comments, not even current grade:/

I really feel that I'm behind but I don't know.

Where is everyone else at?
I am currently doing the user testing and client testings. Going to start the user requirements
Oh right okay.

I've just got onto my Design section. Ahhhhh! :mad:
Original post by thepatel_1
No way near completing the coursework! The teacher is useless. We have no clear guideline what so ever. No feedback, no comments, not even current grade:/

I really feel that I'm behind but I don't know.

Where is everyone else at?

I did my course work in my AS-year. But from what i can remember we finished before april. So when we came back we can make any changes.
Oh god! I wish my school was as structured and prepared.

What's yours based on? :smile:
Original post by thepatel_1
Oh god! I wish my school was as structured and prepared.

What's yours based on? :smile:

Mine was based on a hotel for students that came from other countries or something (foreign exchange), what faults their system had and what they wanted in their new system etc etc.
you know you can directly reply by pressing ""
Original post by ThatGuyRik
Mine was based on a hotel for students that came from other countries or something (foreign exchange), what faults their system had and what they wanted in their new system etc etc.
you know you can directly reply by pressing ""

Oh right, that's nice.

Ahhh Thanks... I'm a new one to this.. It's quiet confusing. Ahaa :confused:
Our coursework deadline is the end of March! But she said she will help us improve and give us feedback which is good.
I am really really worried about INFO 3, does anyone have any tips on the INFO 3 exam or any example answers they could post?
thank you

This file is really useful for those struggling with Info 4... :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AnikaaKeys
Our coursework deadline is the end of March! But she said she will help us improve and give us feedback which is good.
I am really really worried about INFO 3, my teacher is awful and I keep asking her to help with the 20 markers, but she says "you should be writing your own model answers".
Does anyone have any tips on the INFO 3 exam or any example answers they could post?
thank you

This file is really useful for those struggling with Info 4... :smile:

I have a massive model answer booklet for info 1 and 2. Not for 3 unfortunately. Tbh the essay questions you cant really get model answers just need to practice your quality of english and getting your point across depending on the question of course and also making sure its relevant and makes sense. I'm just going through papers and learning the content again and again. Best way in my opinion.
Anyone got INFO3 Pre-Released material yet?
yh
sorry for the late reply.
But here is the pre release.
could everyone pop a few question on what the paper might have on it?
thanks
ICT shouldn't be stressing me out this much.

ANyone got the pre release material yet...what do you think of it ?
Original post by sanju-thala
sorry for the late reply.
But here is the pre release.
could everyone pop a few question on what the paper might have on it?
thanks

Maybe a load of questions on back up and recovery?
Or it might ask whats the best testing and installation method for the company?
Something about ICT strategy and system life cycle?
What method is best for them waterfall or iterative....
Any other idea?
INFO 4 Mark Sheet.xls

Also here's a coursework mark scheme...might help
Reply 36
Original post by danwilliams33
Just thought I'd set up this thread so that we can start building a group of people for the exam in June.

If you do A2 ICT then please join in on this. Share past papers or questions etc so that we can start to get our grades higher.

A revision thread really helped for my AS so I think this will also be beneficial if we use this for revision aswell. ))))))

INFO 3 is stuff with the pre release and question paper
INFO 4 is coursework

Thank you very much if you have any notes could you please post them
Would anyone be able to help me with this question;

Discuss how the following factors might influence choices made by management when writing a corporate information systems strategy:

Organisational structure

Legal and Audit requirements

Hardware and software

Behavioural factors

(20 marks)

I am just really unsure what I would write about for some of the headings (legal + Behavioural). Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Original post by AnikaaKeys
Would anyone be able to help me with this question;

Discuss how the following factors might influence choices made by management when writing a corporate information systems strategy:

Organisational structure

Legal and Audit requirements

Hardware and software

Behavioural factors

(20 marks)

I am just really unsure what I would write about for some of the headings (legal + Behavioural). Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

So organisational you would talk about hierarchy structure and all that stuff...
Legal and audit maybe you would talk about the legislation, so depending what the company is they might need to look at data protection act or copy right act etc...
Hardware and software well what's the most appropriate hardware for the company, how much storage they need. Appropriate software so bespoke system etc...
And for behavioural I'm thinking it could be the behaviour of employees within the company or behaviour of customers using that company..so customer location which determines external resources that the company will need to use

I have no idea if these ideas are correct but hope it helps :smile:
Anyone got predicted questions based on the pre-released material for the June Exam Paper from their teachers etc?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending